I broke 80 today!!!!!!!

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
I broke 80 today! 37-42 79! This is the 1st time I've ever done this. I was 5+ through 16 and I knew all I had to do is go bogey bogey to shoot 79. I had a bogey on the very tough 17th and all I needed was a bogey. The par 5 18th plays 505 yards down hill on the drive and then back up the hill. After a horrible drive I hit 3W short of the fairway bunkers and had 150 into a pin behind the greenside bunker. I hit 4 iron and totally hooked it into the greenside bunker that is like 15 feet high. My 4th doesn't get out but I stick the 5th 2 feet and tap in for by 79!

Can I get a breaking 70 thread??? Lol

Congrats, awesome job.

awesome job clay!!! feels good doesn't it? i hope you have many more rounds in the 70's (and i think that you will!)

TC I think it was just getting the monkey off my back.

Nice round, clay! And you did it knowing what you needed on ther last few holes! I cannot do that or I'll blow up.

Congrats CC that is soooo awesome :clapp:

And you were +1 on the front side... good stuff!

Awesome man! That is a huge accomplishment. Huge congrats!

TC I think it was just getting the monkey off my back.

After I broke 80 for the first time I knew that I was capable of doing it again and I have several times this season. Don't expect to do it everytime you play but realize you can do it and make smart decisions that will help you play better golf. The biggest thing I am trying to do this season is take my medicine. If I have a bad drive try to save bogey instead of forcing a par that turns disasterous. You might not break 80 again right away but you know you have the game to do it so just play smart golf and many more sub 80 days will follow. Congrats!

Awesome round man and big grats, shooting in the 70's never gets old.

Congrats Clay...I've never even flirted with that number.

Wow another Milestone thread. Great job. That is a terrific score and it sounds like you really had to buck up for the last two holes.

Great news Clay, Congrats!

Congrats Clay!!

I'm so jealous of you right now! Congrats cribbs I know it must feel good!

What took you so long? LOL. Just kidding, Junior, good job. Keep it up. Exciting, isn't it?

Kevin

Congrats! Nice job!

Congrat clay!! I am sure you will have many more.

Back