It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

Forgive the ignorance of this "World" traveller, but meals can be charged to our room right and paid when we check out? That's the way it was for me when I was in San Diego a few years back. Or has things changed??

Yes

JB or GG, may be a dumb question....but will we have time for lunch or do you know if they have a beverage cart that we will be able to snag up a sandwich or something

You will have time for lunch. Not sure if the cart will have food or not.

JB or GG, may be a dumb question....but will we have time for lunch or do you know if they have a beverage cart that we will be able to snag up a sandwich or something

We get free breakfast so I'd say eat just a big ol breakfast then just have something to eat after golf. Maybe a quick snack at the turn or something too.

So basically beer and ball money?

And One-T your giving me strokes there buddy!

umm, we will have to discuss that...haha

I think just beer money because Bridgestone is going to give us a couple of sleeves.

So basically beer and ball money?

And One-T your giving me strokes there buddy!

We get free breakfast so I'd say eat just a big ol breakfast then just have something to eat after golf. Maybe a quick snack at the turn or something too.

Good call, just eat a lot of bacon, maybe even pocket a few pieces for later.....hehe, I kid

Yummmm. Pocket bacon!

Way to go guys, now I want bacon!! :D

cant beat it....if you wait to eat it later that night is it considered bacon jerky

i love red velvet cake, and i may get crucified for saying this, but chocolate doesn't do much for me, unless it's in the form of a frosty!

Before JB puts me permanent time out:

Real, honest to goodness Red Velvet cake IS chocolate cake. What makes it red is a chemical reaction between natural (not dutch processed) cocoa powder and the baking powder and baking soda used to make cakes rise. Traditional Red Velvet cakes call for almost a cup of cocoa powder and a full tablespoon of baking powder/baking soda (thus the reason why they are so tall!) and are an almost purple red color.

Since most grocery stores don't carry natural cocoa powder because it is too expensive and doesn't have as long of a shelf life as dutch processed cocoa powder most Red Velvet cakes these days call for a ton (4 - 10 Tbsp) of red food dye to make them red and have a token amount of cocoa powder (2 or 3 Tbsp).

Buy me a Drunken Palmer, lemon drop martini, or a nice single malt scotch at the iBar during Friday's meet and greet, and I"ll be happy to explain what dutch processed cocoa powder is and why it won't react the way natural does to baking soda/baking powder (j/k, I'll tell you for free after three or four drinks of my choice)

AND it is 38 days until I see you all at the iBar!!!!

Can't WAIT!!!

cant beat it....if you wait to eat it later that night is it considered bacon jerky

That may just be the greatest idea EVER!! Bacon Jerky!! We could make millions!!

There is nothing quite like landing in FL knowing you are about to have a great time.

That may just be the greatest idea EVER!! Bacon Jerky!! We could make millions!!

Well, lets get this going!

There is nothing quite like landing in FL knowing you are about to have a great time.

I wont be flying in, but I wont be sleeping the ride down. Not that I could anyway as much as my bro talks. SethO will be sitting indian style somewhere with no shoes and uncle daddy will be eating some kind of snack

Well, lets get this going!

I wont be flying in, but I wont be sleeping the ride down. Not that I could anyway as much as my bro talks. SethO will be sitting indian style somewhere with no shoes and uncle daddy will be eating some kind of snack

Toss him some bacon jerky!

You know me very well.

Man, I'm thinking the free balls bridgestone hands out may last a couple holes for me lol.

Man, I'm thinking the free balls bridgestone hands out may last a couple holes for me lol.

JB, if you dont put me in the same group as Yuccos, let me play right behind him! hahaha

Real, honest to goodness Red Velvet cake IS chocolate cake. What makes it red is a chemical reaction between natural (not dutch processed) cocoa powder and the baking powder and baking soda used to make cakes rise. Traditional Red Velvet cakes call for almost a cup of cocoa powder and a full tablespoon of baking powder/baking soda (thus the reason why they are so tall!) and are an almost purple red color.

Since most grocery stores don't carry natural cocoa powder because it is too expensive and doesn't have as long of a shelf life as dutch processed cocoa powder most Red Velvet cakes these days call for a ton (4 - 10 Tbsp) of red food dye to make them red and have a token amount of cocoa powder (2 or 3 Tbsp).

Buy me a Drunken Palmer, lemon drop martini, or a nice single malt scotch at the iBar during Friday's meet and greet, and I"ll be happy to explain what dutch processed cocoa powder is and why it won't react the way natural does to baking soda/baking powder (j/k, I'll tell you for free after three or four drinks of my choice)

Can't WAIT!!!

I am going to be put in timeout for following up on this but I was so excited because I actually knew this information. I have been learing so much about baking and it was so exciting that I knew this. It reminded me of the first time I was able to answer a question about golf clubs I felt so proud....not to toot my own horn.

I don't plan on leaving the resort...unless I run to the local Dicks/Golfsmith/GG to pick up a new driver after demo day

I was thinking you were going to say you may run to Dicks for more golf balls! I'll meet you there, actually a Walmart will suffice, I'll be going with Top Flites anyway, cheaper and easier to lose!

I may need to do that.....

So does anyone know if there is a store nearby? Might have to make purchases

oh yes!! BIG breakfast, snack at the turn!!!

yes indeedy!!!

me too!!!

JB, if you dont put me in the same group as Yuccos, let me play right behind him! hahaha

So your golf balls can keep his company??

Can't WAIT!!!

I like the way you think MaryC!!

Oh man!! It is getting close!! Where has the summer gone???
My son just started first grade, I got a new job, and my new boss will have to deal with my early time off...:act-up:

JB and GG...are we going to get a look at the proposed foursomes prior to the outing??? Or will it be a surprise at the I-Bar??

oh..and are there any Lefties going, sporting a SuperTri, that I may be able to caress for a few moments??

Oh man!! It is getting close!! Where has the summer gone???
My son just started first grade, I got a new job, and my new boss will have to deal with my early time off...:act-up:

JB and GG...are we going to get a look at the proposed foursomes prior to the outing??? Or will it be a surprise at the I-Bar??

I believe they will be announced before the outing but don't quote me on that because that task is JB's.

oh..and are there any Lefties going, sporting a SuperTri, that I may be able to caress for a few moments??

i'll be there bama, but i think we're the only lefties buddy!

Lol.... I usually try to cut dog legs too. Ill leave post it notes on the tee boxes for the group behind me so they know the general area to look if I can't find the ball. Trying to be a more polite Yoccos nowadays.

I've got my Bears polo for Sunday all geared up. A few more lbs and Ill be lookin like Lovie Smith. If he were Mexican/Sicilian. And if he had hair.

Is it September yet?

Back