2011 THP Putter Roundup

THP Most Requested Anser Style Putter Roundup
The candidates are: Taylormade Daytona Ghost, Bettinardi Signature #1, Kia Ma Daytona Insert, SeeMore DB-4, Nike Method 001, Cleveland Classic BRZ #4.5, Bettinardi Studio Stock #5, Rife 460 Tour Blade, Never Compromise Gambler Boat, Odyssey White Ice #1, Ping Redwood, West Coast Zen Proto.
Just about every putter that I've been finding myself daydreaming about lately is on this list, this is a putter shootout of EPIC proportions and while we are all making comments in fun nature about some of our best buddies all being together we can't lose site of the fact that they are actually working and bringing us the information that we all will come back to when we look to make future putter purchases.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep em coming, I know it's getting late but I love it!!

I find it interesting that the Method 001 had a better feel then the 003. I know that people seem to prefer the feel of blades and Ansers over the mallets but I figured with the extra time Nike had at releasing these they might have sorted it out. Espcially as it appears from your review that the Odyssey #9 seemingly had it all.

I also really enjoy that the Cleveland 4.5 was well recieved. I've had the chance to play around with the classic 4.5 and while it's not for me, I found it very hard to find a better performing putter for the cost.
Tuna, I have heard SO many comments like this about the Cleveland Classic line, I love that a big time company has decided to put out a really great putter at a very very great price point. Good on Cleveland and I hope other companies follow suit!

Great stuff so far guys! Needless to say, I wish I was there! Glad to see the Ghost Daytona getting some love. I haven't rolled that particular model yet, but I have with the "Canadian" version with the cut out in the back similar to the Corza. The entire Ghost line is money IMO. At the Outing first putt with the Ghost from 20 feet in the hole. I hadn't one-putted until that point. TM definitely got it right with those putters.

Agreed. My wallet cries everytime it sees the $300 tag on the putters around here. Plus all of these tend to run more expensive in Canada then the US making it that much worse.

I hope Cleveland keeps rolling these out. It seems like Odyssey owns the market for the low to mid price point putters and I'd really like someone to challange that.

9-Iron Man: Going to go test one of those out tomorrow. Hoping for good things!

Oem kevin and I are burning the midnight candle to get some more testing done. All I know is that the gambler series was a huge hit!

TC can I put in a quick request?

Gambler(blade, idk name of it,boat?) Vs. Studio stock #5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick reviews! I'd love to see more of those anser blades- as much as I love the method. That bettinardi is a work of art

Tuna, I have heard SO many comments like this about the Cleveland Classic line, I love that a big time company has decided to put out a really great putter at a very very great price point. Good on Cleveland and I hope other companies follow suit!

It is a great putter and one I am very thankful I was fortunate enough to win from this site.

Often putters are weighted so that the toe will lag a little so that it is not so easy to close off the face through impact. However if you are not used to that or if the toe is a little too heavy then it becomes too easy to leave the face open. That might be what is happening with the putter that you guys are saying has been finishing right for just about all of you.

This will probably make you guys throw up your hands in frustration but I don't wonder if a comparison or a shoot out amongst some of the speciality shop putters might be a neat thing to do. Some of them are very reasonably priced for the amount of craftsmanship (NEAD comes to mind) others are through the roof from a price perspective. I guess Bettinardi is something of a specialty shop putter. They are works of art as well as being putters. At any rate, some of the putter houses are almost like putter boutiques and those are the shops I am really thnking about. Then again since I think somebody mentioned 100 or more putters being submitted, maybe some of the boutique shop putters are there but just did not make the final cut.

Great stuff, gentlemen. Can't wait to read more.

Very good reviews and this will provide a ton of information for the golfer needing information on his future choice of putters.

I'll see what we can do bridges. We'll have a mallet roundup this evening and of course we'll do what we can to get to specific requests.

TC can I put in a quick request?

Gambler(blade, idk name of it,boat?) Vs. Studio stock #5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I didn't understand how you were setting all of this up, hense my earlier comments. Looks like an individual review of each before the competition between models. Sorry guy's I'm pretty sharp, lol. Great job evaluating each so far.

Did my beloved Slotline make the party?

I guess I didn't understand how you were setting all of this up, hense my earlier comments. Looks like an individual review of each before the competition between models. Sorry guy's I'm pretty sharp, lol. Great job evaluating each so far.

Did my beloved Slotline make the party?
I'm pretty sure JB has a Slotline or two laying around and I'd bet if you asked nicely they'd put one up against something 1 on 1. Duey with Slotline going out of business they're selling their putters dirt cheap right now, you going to pick up a backup or anything?

I'm pretty sure JB has a Slotline or two laying around and I'd bet if you asked nicely they'd put one up against something 1 on 1. Duey with Slotline going out of business they're selling their putters dirt cheap right now, you going to pick up a backup or anything?

I didn't know they were going out, where did that come from? Dang, I hate to hear that, are you seeing these prices on their site?

By the way, I just sent you an email.

I didn't know they were going out, where did that come from? Dang, I hate to hear that, are you seeing these prices on their site?

Yeah dude, they're going out of business. I think there was a post here and at my local golf shop the prices are way discounted and expected to drop even further as the manager tells me they have a ton in back they have to move.

Got your email, call me when you get time to talk for a sec.

===== QUOTE thedue ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Yeah dude, they're going out of business. I think there was a post here and at my local golf shop the prices are way discounted and expected to drop even further as the manager tells me they have a ton in back they have to move.

Got your email, call me when you get time to talk for a sec.

Will do

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I'll see what we can do bridges. We'll have a mallet roundup this evening and of course we'll do what we can to get to specific requests.

Go Mallets!

At Golf Town this morning and tried out the Daytona 1 Ghost. Not bad, but definitely not my favorite. Took me six attempts at about 7 ft just lip one out. Grabbed a Corza from the same distance and Boom! in the cup on the first roll. That Corza is definitely the one for me, I can't wait to see how it stacks up against the rest.

9-Iron Man: We're opposites. I tried the Corza this morning and just couldn't get a handle on it. I think it's the extra weight over the Daytona that really threw me off. On the other hand I was draining everything from 12 feet and in with the Daytona Ghost.

The real bonus was that they said it was a "demo" club that didn't have a mark on it and was marked down to $85 from $180.

A good morning it's been for me :banana:

I was wondering is the never compromise gambler (flush) a mid mallet similar to the other review in that group. Also could you post a pic if possible, cant find one anywhere.

Last edited:
Sorry about double post...I'm new

Last edited:
Ok, due to the fact that we have some extra testers here at THP HQ we decided to post each tester's "Best in Class" and "Best Bang for the Buck" in each category, and their reasons behind their selections.

We'll start with the Full-Size Mallets and everyone's results.

Full-Size Mallets

JB:

Best in Class- SeeMoore SB-2

for me, it's the total package, it has great feel, really solid alignment, the weighting is spot on, and is everything someone would want in a full size mallet.

Bang for the Buck- Cleveland T-Frame

it's really close to being best in show, but @ $119, do i have to say anything else?

OEM Kevin:

Best in Show- Cleveland T-Frame

has great weight, great alignment, i love all the specs being printed on the sole and the feel is really, really good. you can tell that Never Compromise has had some input with this putter.

Best Bang for the Buck- Cleveland T-Frame

enough said!

Setho:

Best in Show- SeeMore SB-2

i love the looks, the finish and the unique feel. i love the milling and the alignment.

feels great, love that you can see the green through the cavity. it's an un-mallet like mallet, and i like the milling on the face.

SW Fla:

great feel, simple and elegant design and a very true roll

it's $119 and it feels amazing, to me, it's a no brainer.

Biggsy:

the aluminum gives the putter a uniquely superb feel, gorgeous finish and i made every putt with it. it has perfect balance and weighting.

i played with this putter for 8 months. i love the modern look, it has perfect face balancing and weighting and you just can't beat the price!

Hanks:

Best in Show- Taylormade Rossa Corza Ghost

nice and firm insert that offered true roll. the alignment is just sick!

Best Bang for the Buck- Taylormade Rossa Corza Ghost

it was the most consistent performer for me and you can't argue with the price.

Great stuff so far guys! It somehow doesn't surprise me that the Cleveland lines are getting a lot of the "bang for the buck" votes. You can't beat their price points and with Never Compromise having some input on the TFrame it should be a seller for the mallets. Looking forward to more updates.

Yeah, nice update TC... looking forward to hearing about the blades best of class and bargains.

Back