New Guy from the Frozen North

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
Hey All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm a 20 year old university student from Calgary, Canada.
I just started golfing in May and have since taken 5 lessons, and bought my full set of clubs:
FT-iQ
Cobra SZ
Odyssey White Hot Tour #5
X-Forged 54˚ Sand Wedge/58˚ C-Grind

I'm really not very good [my best score through 18 was 121, and my best through 9 was 55], but I haven't had this much fun or this much of a challenge in a long time.

Looking forward to learning from the best!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome my fellow canuck

Welcome to THP.

Welcom to THP~!

Welcome to THP! I played when I was younger and took a few summers off, then I started again when I got to University and have been hooked ever since, have fun!

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

welcome to THP

Welcome, great to have more Canadians on THP

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome to THP. Loving the avatar, lol.

Thanks guys, just from reading some posts over the last day I can tell that the tone on this forum is very welcoming!
Thedue - building hamburgers is something my family does for fun... my brother and I have competitions to see how many different things we can cram onto one and how tall it can be.

Just a quick question - how do I add my bag description into my signature like I see everyone doing?

Welcome to THP !

Nice to see more Canadians hanging about these days, welcome mate!

Keep a weathered eye out for 9 Iron as he's from your neck of the woods in Alberta I believe. As to the signature thing, you need to have at least 15 posts I believe before it and a number of other options open up to you.

And here I am! Haha. Definitely frozen up here, looking at about -36 here in Edmonton with the wind today. Spring can't come fast enough! Glad you signed up, welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Super Tuna is correct you need a certain number of posts before you can add a signature. I think it's either 10 or 15.

We're definately going to have to go a west Coast THP outing this year. There seems to be a number of us in Alberta/BC/Oregon/Washington to make it a great time!

Thanks for the info Super Tuna, I'm definitely working my way up there!
9-Iron, it was -43 w/ wind this morning while I was waiting for the bus to go downtown. So cold that the bus driver had to get a passenger to use her Credit Card to scrape the ice from the inside of the windshield so he could see the mirror to merge.

-43?? Seriously? Make me feel better about the -5, -10 we've had the last few days, and to think I was still playing golf last weekend here on the east coast.

Yup, -30 ambient.
Every morning I wake up and check the weather on my iPod... definitely not a good way to start the day when all you have to look forward to is freezing yourself solid for 15 minutes right off the bat waiting for the bus.

Thanks for the info Super Tuna, I'm definitely working my way up there!
9-Iron, it was -43 w/ wind this morning while I was waiting for the bus to go downtown. So cold that the bus driver had to get a passenger to use her Credit Card to scrape the ice from the inside of the windshield so he could see the mirror to merge.

Crazy! Makes you wonder why we put up with it....

Back