5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Wow, I had no idea Ole Gray was going to do this but I'm pumped and motivated. Once he commits like this, he is dead serious! I need some motivation badly!!! I just called him from work and we are headed to the grocery store tonight to fill our home with healthy foods. First we are playing golf and I'm walking with my new Clic Gear 3.0 pull cart!

My commitment is to lose 15 pounds by the outing starting with 5 pounds by 12/31/10! My gym focus is going to be aerobics, stretching, and light strength training. I would love to get rid of this extra flab and get more flexible! It can only be a benefit to our golf game!

I will be posting regularly because I find sharing your struggles and successes with others is very motivational. So excited to see so many already committing.

I will have to lose weight for next year, with the wedding and all. Last year I dropped 20 lbs from January 1st till my sisters wedding on Feb. 20th. I went from 196 to 176. Currently I'm back up to around 185. Would love to drop the gut and add a little muscle.

I dropped most of my weight last time by changing my diet and really counting my calories. I made almost every dinner we ate from the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. There are some really good recipes in there. Also got a food scale and weighed out portions of meat and such. It was really difficult at first, but I got the hang of it.

Great idea Gray! Currently the doctor doesn't want me to lose any weight, but who know what will happen during the winter! So I'll commit to maintaining my current weight...if that counts.

Get me the number of that doctor Sean. All mine tells me to do is lose weight. It'll be a nice change to hear something different..LOL

I do my best to workout 3-4 times a week now. I know that is going to end soon. I have a daughter on the way who is due to arrive in January. I wish I could commit to weight loss, but my time will be diverted else where.

Wow, I had no idea Ole Gray was going to do this but I'm pumped and motivated. Once he commits like this, he is dead serious! I need some motivation badly!!! I just called him from work and we are headed to the grocery store tonight to fill our home with healthy foods. First we are playing golf and I'm walking with my new Clic Gear 3.0 pull cart!

My commitment is to lose 15 pounds by the outing starting with 5 pounds by 12/31/10! My gym focus is going to be aerobics, stretching, and light strength training. I would love to get rid of this extra flab and get more flexible! It can only be a benefit to our golf game!

I will be posting regularly because I find sharing your struggles and successes with others is very motivational. So excited to see so many already committing.

You can do it Kelly!!!! Especially with the friendly competative nature you and Bill have. I wish you the best of luck on your success in this

Here's the before/after pics of Ole Gray a few years back. How do you like those big trophies he won that day? :D I believe he won in a scramble and got a closeup. He was proud.

2364569560027173662S425x425Q85.jpg
2981179270027173662S425x425Q85.jpg

Looking good ole Gray!!

Edit: Are those your legs or are you riding a chicken?

Here's the before/after pics of Ole Gray a few years back. How do you like those big trophies he won that day? :D I believe he won in a scramble and got a closeup. He was proud.

2364569560027173662S425x425Q85.jpg
2981179270027173662S425x425Q85.jpg

WOW I had forgotton how big my spare tire was back then! hmmmmm serious motivation here to not ever get back to that weight :thumb:

This is great! I've hit a wall with my diet the past 6 weeks of no change is wearing thin. So yall count me in for 15

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Great thread, it's so hard to commit to this in the first place & sure this little bit of peer pressure will be great motivation.

Love it.

Not going to commit to it myself as I don't have any weight loss goals as such. I'm more focused on running dist/time targets at the moment.

For anybody who doesn't go to the gym & has an iphone or BB, try the adidas micoach app. It's completely free & it will work you a programme based on your goals & level of fitness. I use it all the time & it really pushes you on when you can see the graphical outputs. The geek in me loves that stuff. hehe

I lose 15 lbs. early each day not long after I drink a second cup of coffee. Problem is, it's back right after dinner, and the next morning I have to do it again.

Me losing 15 pounds is similar to a State Champion cow brushing a fly off with its tail in the dairy barn at the State Fair. I need to drop a 3rd grader to get where I need to be. I'm in. I'll start up after the holidays and will shoot for 30 lbs. by May. Then maybe I'll get back to hitting a friggin driver past 250, and Mrs. Esox won't need to keep tying my shoes.

Kevin

I lose 15 lbs. early each day not long after I drink a second cup of coffee. Problem is, it's back right after dinner, and the next morning I have to do it again.

Me losing 15 pounds is similar to a State Champion cow brushing a fly off with its tail in the dairy barn at the State Fair. I need to drop a 3rd grader to get where I need to be. I'm in. I'll start up after the holidays and will shoot for 30 lbs. by May. Then maybe I'll get back to hitting a friggin driver past 250, and Mrs. Esox won't need to keep tying my shoes.

Kevin

Now that post is funny!!! I almost spit out my granola crunch bar dipped in Jet Puff and hot fudge when I read you had to drop a 3rd grader!!!

Id like to join in but Im pretty sure Id level out then gain weight threw muscle. Its happened before then I got lazy.

Kevin, your posts just make me laugh hysterically. The 3rd grader reference just about killed me. You do know they make velcro shoes if you're not into the whole shoe tying craze that has recently caught on, though I prefer crocs and flip-flops myself.

Alright kids!!! The Rhino is serious about this weight loss. I just too sme "hidden money" I was saving for new golf clubs and bought this:

TrainingCamp_1.jpg

For those who don't know it is a work out program in the image of what NFL players go through. Kinda making working out fun.

So looks like I have my workouts planned.. now just the diet and this 25lbs should be getting off me by May (who knows maybe more)

Kevin

That is some of the funniest stuff I have read in ages. I didn't even make it to the 3rd grader part and I was already crying.

Kevin

Kevin - you are just not right. :laughing:

Alright kids!!! The Rhino is serious about this weight loss. I just too sme "hidden money" I was saving for new golf clubs and bought this:

TrainingCamp_1.jpg

For those who don't know it is a work out program in the image of what NFL players go through. Kinda making working out fun.

So looks like I have my workouts planned.. now just the diet and this 25lbs should be getting off me by May (who knows maybe more)

You go Rhino! That almost looks like fun exercise. I want a WII Fit so bad but it's just so darn expensive, especially when you don't have a WII at all.

Kevin - you are just not right. :laughing:

You go Rhino! That almost looks like fun exercise. I want a WII Fit so bad but it's just so darn expensive, especially when you don't have a WII at all.

So true about Kevin.. still laughing at the post

Yes Kelly a Wii is vital for the Wii fit :D

Looking good ole Gray!!

Edit: Are those your legs or are you riding a chicken?

Now that is some funny stuff one-T :D... Hell no I ain't riding no freaking chicken legs :angry:

Kevin

When I read that 3rd grader remark I laughed so hard my eyes started watering ! LMAO Kevin is soooooooo darn funny :laughing:...Glad you are joing us good buddy :eek:)...

TrainingCamp_1.jpg

KellyBo and I are on the way to the grocery store and then by the gym to join up. We are going to get us some healthy food for supper and the weekend.

I don't plan on losing any weight because my weight is pretty good for my height, but I will commit to a new workout routine. Try to get more flexible, stronger, and be able to hit the ball further..... I'll commit to 40............ more yards...... haha

I don't plan on losing any weight because my weight is pretty good for my height, but I will commit to a new workout routine. Try to get more flexible, stronger, and be able to hit the ball further..... I'll commit to 40............ more yards...... haha

Good one Clay, I'm out on the weight loss as well. 15 pounds and I would disapear.

Nice buy Rhino! I just bought the EA Sports Active 2 for my PS3 since Amazon has it 40% off today only. It will be a fun alternative when I'm not motivated to go in to town and visit the gym.

Great idea Gray, and I'm in as well. I am committing to 20 pounds. I will be posting my progress.

Our supper tonight! Our grocery store has a nice salad bar. These salads were about $5 each and have so much yummy stuff in them. I included a pic of our keys because it has a new scan key to the gym attached! Yay for us!

Dr. Teeth - we are so glad you joined us!

Back