5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I usually eat a protein bar or two for breakfast/lunch then have a regular dinner. Once in a while I get really hungry and eat a lot. On rare occasions I lose my appetite completely. A few years ago I lost 41 pounds in six weeks. I just had no appetite. I had to force myself to eat a banana once in a while. The thought of eating anything just made me gag. The smell of any kind of food was just as bad.

Weigh in day for me. I only lost .6 this week but I'll take it for a total of 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I have 2 more pounds to go to reach my initial goal of 5 pounds by 12/31. Will have to tighten up on the food and exercise this week. We have been eating healthier but not starving ourselves, working out and playing a lot of golf. If I hadn't cheated so bad two days ago, I'm sure I would have lost more. I'm happy I posted a loss though! No cheating this week as I will reach my first goal!

It's gonna be hard to keep the diet going during the holidays, if you can do it you will know for sure that you will reach your goal and then be able to maintain. Best of luck & Merry Christmas to you and OG.

So I'm starting a beard challenge on 1/3 and that is when I will start my 5-10-15. I am going to go with a somewhat modified South Beach Diet as I don't need to lose weight but figure I can eat healthier while doing P90X. Here is a delicious dessert that my wife and I love and it is a South Beach diet recipe:

1 sugar free fudge pop
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (peanuts and salt only)
2 tablespoons of Cool Whip Free

Put the pop in the microwave for 10 secs so it is easily removed from the stick. Mix with other ingredients and ENJOY! 1 serving. I freeze this after mixing and it is delicious!!

So I'm starting a beard challenge on 1/3 and that is when I will start my 5-10-15. I am going to go with a somewhat modified South Beach Diet as I don't need to lose weight but figure I can eat healthier while doing P90X. Here is a delicious dessert that my wife and I love and it is a South Beach diet recipe:

1 sugar free fudge pop
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (peanuts and salt only)
2 tablespoons of Cool Whip Free

Put the pop in the microwave for 10 secs so it is easily removed from the stick. Mix with other ingredients and ENJOY! 1 serving. I freeze this after mixing and it is delicious!!

Sounds delicious! i might cut back on the peanut butter though. I've made that dessert with the fudge pop, cool whip, and almonds before and it tastes like choc almond ice cream. Thanks for reminding me of this. I am doing modified SBD too.

Merry Christmas & I hope everyone has a great day and looking forward to the New Year! Enjoy your meals today and also get some exercise if possible. KellyBo and I are going to the gym today to give our bodies a present for Christmas. It's going to be a good afternoon to hit the gym for an hour and work off the extra calories. I know no one on here had any extra calories right? A new year is right around the corner and May will be here before you know. Let's keep the ball rolling for a happy & healthier you for 2011:clapp::thumb:

Merry Christmas Ole Gray, and to all THPers. I admire your and Kellybo's commitment to a healthier life. Hopefully we can get together before the new year and play another round.
"For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

Merry Christmas & I hope everyone has a great day and looking forward to the New Year! Enjoy your meals today and also get some exercise if possible. KellyBo and I are going to the gym today to give our bodies a present for Christmas. It's going to be a good afternoon to hit the gym for an hour and work off the extra calories. I know no one on here had any extra calories right? A new year is right around the corner and May will be here before you know. Let's keep the ball rolling for a happy & healthier you for 2011:clapp::thumb:

Do you and Gray have a trainer, or do you just have your own routines?

Merry Christmas Ole Gray, and to all THPers. I admire your and Kellybo's commitment to a healthier life. Hopefully we can get together before the new year and play another round.
"For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

Thanks Dawg! Yea maybe one day this coming week the weather will permit nother round :golf2:. Looking forward to it :thumb:
We will send you a pm head of time.

Do you and Gray have a trainer, or do you just have your own routines?

No personal trainer. I have a cardio and weight training routine that works for me. The set of machines I use works out every major muscle group so it really works the entire body. Having access to gym equipment is the key however a personal trainer would certainly be a huge bonus.

No trainer Sean. I've been researching good exercises on the web and also using the machines that have really good instructions written on them. My main goal right now is flexibility. At my age, it's the pits and so important to the swing. Today I'm going to add some wrist curls to my routine since I have really weak wrists. That site is really awesome.

It looks good KB. Thanks for posting the link! I too work mainly on flexibility. I also do some exercises with resistance bands.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! KellyBo and I went to the gym for 1 1/2 hours and worked really hard Christmas day. Today we are going to Athens, Ga to visit kin and share presents and eat a Holiday dinner. I got a feeling the desserts are going to be awesome so it's going be be lax time today :D.. With that said, back to the gym tomorrow with an extra hard cardio workout. Hey you are going to have a few extra calories around the Holidays, however you got to work a little harder around the gym to offset em. Good luck folks with your dessert dodging (It ain't gonna happen) and if you are like KellyBo and myself, indulge a little bit, but keep your priorities in order :thumb:

Last edited:
No gym for me. We are expecting 20+ inches of snow so with all the shoveling I'll be doing I suspect that will suffice as a workout...and a half!

Mary C who was coming through Georgia stayed with us last night for a visit. Let me tell you she is looking GOOD! She is an inspiration to this thread and will no doubt reach her goal. We had a grand time with Mary. We went out for dinner, came home and talked about golf, watched the Monday night football game (Falcons lost :angry:), and had a great visit with her. She just left a few minutes ago to continue her journey to Florida. She staying with some of her kin folks down there. Golf is definitely on her radar as her and GG have a round scheduled so that should be fun! I just wanted to give Mary a big congrats on her progress towards better health. This girl is serious about reaching her goals!

She is most definitely an inspiration and I cannot wait to see her tomorrow. I also can't wait to see her transformation. She has been working so hard to reach her goals and I couldn't be more proud and more excited for such an amazing person.

We have golf, baking, and the gym planned for her visit. Should be a great time!

Mary C who was coming through Georgia stayed with us last night for a visit. Let me tell you she is looking GOOD! She is an inspiration to this thread and will no doubt reach her goal. We had a grand time with Mary. We went out for dinner, came home and talked about golf, watched the Monday night football game (Falcons lost :angry:), and had a great visit with her. She just left a few minutes ago to continue her journey to Florida. She staying with some of her kin folks down there. Golf is definitely on her radar as her and GG have a round scheduled so that should be fun! I just wanted to give Mary a big congrats on her progress towards better health. This girl is serious about reaching her goals!

If I keep reading these good reports I may become inspired to do something healthy soon. Seriously, it is good to read about everyone moving toward their goals. As local radio/tv personality Bill Powell used to say, "Keep on keeping on.:

She is most definitely an inspiration and I cannot wait to see her tomorrow. I also can't wait to see her transformation. She has been working so hard to reach her goals and I couldn't be more proud and more excited for such an amazing person.

We have golf, baking, and the gym planned for her visit. Should be a great time!

Way to go Mary C! I can't wait to see you in May!

I wish I could be there to taste the baking.

If I keep reading these good reports I may become inspired to do something healthy soon. Seriously, it is good to read about everyone moving toward their goals. As local radio/tv personality Bill Powell used to say, "Keep on keeping on.:

Dawg -- It get's even better when the workouts become a habit. I am heading out the door in a few minutes for and hour or so of gym work. One more cup of coffee and I'm off to the sweat shop :D

luckily, i have been able to run some miles outside lately here in the midwest when weather lets up. i'm up to 25 miles last week, hopefully the forecast of 40s-50s for the weekend are accurate, running in snow gear is for the birds! my buddy likes to remind me how "close" we have until our marathon, 122 days and counting

luckily, i have been able to run some miles outside lately here in the midwest when weather lets up. i'm up to 25 miles last week, hopefully the forecast of 40s-50s for the weekend are accurate, running in snow gear is for the birds! my buddy likes to remind me how "close" we have until our marathon, 122 days and counting

Nice job with the running but a marathon??? your crazy, but Good luck!

Yea good luck dubble! You are in a serious training mode and I bet your body weight has very little fat left. Congrats on the dedication it takes to get through an endurance run like a marathon :clapp:

i know i may be crazy, but a marathon is one of those 'bucket list' things i want to do. i figure if not now, when? hopefully being in better shape will help me break 80 for the first time this summer too!

I kind of lost this thread for a while. Since beginning the challaenge I have changed my eating habits and joined our local gym. I've only lost a couple of pounds so far but I feel great. As for the gym workout I have been on a routine of walking for 45 minutes at 4.2-4.5 mph, then doing some weight lifting/stretches. I have subscribed to the tread now so I'll try to keep up.

I kind of lost this thread for a while. Since beginning the challaenge I have changed my eating habits and joined our local gym. I've only lost a couple of pounds so far but I feel great. As for the gym workout I have been on a routine of walking for 45 minutes at 4.2-4.5 mph, then doing some weight lifting/stretches. I have subscribed to the tread now so I'll try to keep up.

Great job Oregon! You are on the path to good health man and we are all in this together. Keep up the encouraging posts :thumb:. I did my gym work this a.m. and now I am heading to the golf course for a little workout of 9 or 18 holes :D:golf2:

Back