TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver

Yeah Ive watched it a couple times now and it talks to you. But for some reason I keep getting stuck on Natalie...

Did you catch the stretching part to the video? :act-up:

The white look is growing on me and I agree with you re: the shaft length. I would think it would need to be cut down a bit for my taste.

As an aside, I love the consistent sound that this driver makes. sounds almost the same no matter who hits it

Well, I just don't think I can survive 2011 without getting a new driver. Too many great new options. I love the white look. Not sure I'm sold on a 46.5 inch shaft though.

Did you catch the stretching part to the video? :act-up:

mmhmm sure did. :call-me: Natalie oh and bring the SF 2.0 with you Nat

This may have been asked earlier in the thread, but why didn't TM install the shaft adjustment adapters in the Superfast line?

This may have been asked earlier in the thread, but why didn't TM install the shaft adjustment adapters in the Superfast line?

No, no adjustment tech in the superfast line.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I am very curious on which one becomes more popular. I think that after the success of the SuperFast last year, the Burner line could become more popular than the R series.

I am very curious on which one becomes more popular. I think that after the success of the SuperFast last year, the Burner line could become more popular than the R series.

i think you may be right, however, the sheer fact that i can bring my R series driver to a THP demo day and plug multiple shafts in it gives it the nod for me.

Do you think that the Burner series' simplicity makes it more attractive than the R series? Kind of a swing and hit as opposed to a swing/hit/tinker? The adjustability is neat, but I think it could cause a fair number of problems compared to just hitting a club that was set from the manufacturer.
Also, I wonder how many people buy an R series driver to have that bragging factor of adjustability. I have a few friends who have them, and have no idea how to modify them. In some ways, it just makes more sense to buy the Burner.

i think you may be right, however, the sheer fact that i can bring my R series driver to a THP demo day and plug multiple shafts in it gives it the nod for me.

I would agree here. I wanted an R series driver just because I can change the shaft so easily. I will pay for the convenience. Now, if the SF played just like the 07 Burner I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I have said this in a couple of other threads I think, maybe this one. But as a Superfast TP owner, I would possibly by the R11 just so I can switch shafts easily.

I was just informed that THP will have this in hand in a little bit. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to your thoughts on both these drivers.

I was just informed that THP will have this in hand in a little bit. Looking forward to it.

Sweet. As soon as you get it, forward to my address. I'll PM it to you when it gets there.

D@MN, TM, y'all have to stop or the wife is gonna kill me!!! I must have a date with this lady at Roger Dunn come first week of Feb.! The deciding factor...will it work well with my Kusala Blue? I'll leave a driver head in a heartbeat but not my Miyazaki! It's like that shaft was made for my silly haphazard swing!

Were there positive sales trends for the R9 series after each update (R9 460, R9 ST)? Just kinda curious as to what happened sales wise with both the R and Burner line.

I personally prefer the R line because of the adjustability and how easy it is to make changes on my own. But thats me lol. Would the adapter hurt the Superfast design (slow it down)?

Sweet! A burner superfast 2.0 with a Miyazaki C. kua shaft in the near future?

I dont play a C. Kua now.

I'd be happy to review it if you are looking for a tester. :)

Sweet. As soon as you get it, forward to my address. I'll PM it to you when it gets there.

Both of you are welcome to come to the outing and try it out.

Were there positive sales trends for the R9 series after each update (R9 460, R9 ST)? Just kinda curious as to what happened sales wise with both the R and Burner line.

I personally prefer the R line because of the adjustability and how easy it is to make changes on my own. But thats me lol. Would the adapter hurt the Superfast design (slow it down)?

I think its important to have two separate lines for them based on price point.

Is there a much bigger cost to manufactur the adjustable drivers? I really liked the Superfast but for some reason the ability to swap shafts anytime I wanted with the turn of a wrench just stuck with me. I think a Superfast with that technology would be great. But like you said, it is important to have the separate price points.

I think its important to have two separate lines for them based on price point.

Is there a much bigger cost to manufactur the adjustable drivers? I really liked the Superfast but for some reason the ability to swap shafts anytime I wanted with the turn of a wrench just stuck with me. I think a Superfast with that technology would be great. But like you said, it is important to have the separate price points.

No, but look at it from a marketing perspective. The market adjustability with one and distance with the other. If distance also had adjustability, hmmmm, why would anybody want the other?

Haha, very true. I was being greedy there. I'm thinking about what youre saying and my mind is racing with everything they would have to change if they went with an adjustable Superfast.

No, but look at it from a marketing perspective. The market adjustability with one and distance with the other. If distance also had adjustability, hmmmm, why would anybody want the other?

Golf Town has the pricing up for these now. They'll be $349.99, which is interesting seeing as the original SuperFast is still $299.99. Both in Canadian dollars obviously.

I saw something somewhere about Taylormade releasing the Superfast 2.0. What exactly does "release" mean. They have released that it exists or it's now for sale?

Back