2011 THP Fantasy Golf is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have a tentative team set for this week. I took 33rd in practice. Things are gonna be a lot different when we have players missing the cut.

wow, 2 of my players out and im in the bottom lo. this is gonna be atough year!

Well, finished 25th in the practice round. Got a team set for next tournament.
My wife thought I had gone insane, yelling at the tv about missed putts until I told her I was playing for "Valuable Prizes" :D

This is the first tournament that I ever rooted against a player. I might pick my next line up and try to forget it.

Alright everyone, it looks like the practice week went off without too many issues, good job to a few of you. Nice work to JB for edging me by exactly $1000 in total prize money!

We're going to make the change to get ready for live action next week so you're going to want to hold off on picking players for a little bit because once I change if any players you have in for the SONY will be wiped out and you'll need to re-enter.

Now it's for real, good luck everyone!!!

OK. I bet I don't pick the same team I had before, hahaha!

I didn't do extremely bad, nor great. Low 40's, but that's what I get for listening to P4B, haha. DJ, Scott and a couple others just needed to pull their skirts up the last two days.

Next time I got this.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Enjoyed checking my score this weekend. Couldn't watch since I don't have TGC. Finished top 20 with a Camillo DQ, so it went pretty well for a first try. Good luck to all in the coming weeks!

I did ok as well, had the winner, and 3rd and a top 5 with one player (Ogilvy) with a $0.00. Why didn't it count lol?

I took John Daly this week, so what?

Edit: P4B is wiping some stuff out, and Ill still pick JD.

After Camilo go DQ'd, score checking was few and far between for me
Enjoyed checking my score this weekend. Couldn't watch since I don't have TGC. Finished top 20 with a Camillo DQ, so it went pretty well for a first try. Good luck to all in the coming weeks!

The Camilo DQ really didn't affect people as much as one would think. There's a lot of us who had him, and some of the top finishers finished high despite having him on the team. Even Ogilvy withdrawing, unless he did really well it doesn't change much. It's all about having people in the top 3 or top 5 (having the winner definitely helps!) more than anything else since it's based on money won. You could have 7 of the top 10 but if they are 4th thru 10th and someone else could have only three of the top ten but they are 1st thru 3rd, they are gonna whip you pretty bad!

Avoiding players who miss the cut is going to come into play starting this week as well.

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint. One week won't hurt you that much because everyone is going to have some bad weeks.

Alright guys, last week is gone and now we're setup for the real test! Good job on the win JRod, but unfortunately for you that was practice man, not a game, not a game, PRACTICE! We talking about PRACTICE.

Good luck everyone, I have all the final results from the test week saved so if you really want to know just PM me and I'll tell you how you did.

My picks did save. Cool. I never would have remembered who I picked, hahaha!

Just thought I'd say it while I can:

I'M IN FIRST PLACE, BABY!

without limits on number of times you can use a golfer, it's going to really make things interesting....

Good luck to all....

I talked myself into joining the league (even though I probably don't need any more distractions at work). This should definitely make watching the tournaments much more interesting. Good luck all!

O dear so many golfers to choose from in regular weeks....it was hard enough to choose with 30 :bulgy-eyes:

The Camilo DQ really didn't affect people as much as one would think. There's a lot of us who had him, and some of the top finishers finished high despite having him on the team. Even Ogilvy withdrawing, unless he did really well it doesn't change much. It's all about having people in the top 3 or top 5 (having the winner definitely helps!) more than anything else since it's based on money won. You could have 7 of the top 10 but if they are 4th thru 10th and someone else could have only three of the top ten but they are 1st thru 3rd, they are gonna whip you pretty bad!

Avoiding players who miss the cut is going to come into play starting this week as well.

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint. One week won't hurt you that much because everyone is going to have some bad weeks.
I had camillo at it almost cost me but I eeked it out. Most of the time 3-4 picks will play no part on your team.

Any thoughts on doing a LPGA Fantasy league since this one is so much fun?

Any thoughts on doing a LPGA Fantasy league since this one is so much fun?

Not right now, because there are so few events televised, but maybe. Not a bad idea to look into.

I am going to try it...lol.

I picked me some players I have never heard of and some old favorites. Go team clam fist. Get Some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back