Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Home safe and sound. Work tomorrow.

I don't have anything else to add here that hasn't been said 100 times.
And I get it to it again next month!

Glad you are home same RxGus. Glad you had a great time in our great state of Ga.

I think I went to bed tonight around 7 pm because I was just so exhausted from all the fun this weekend. Gray said he fell asleep in the recliner for a while. I cannot begin to tell you guys how much fun I had. RxGus and Seth are such wonderful, smart and funny guys. I teased about them being too intellectual for us but somehow we hung in there. Thank goodness they had each other to talk to about all the stuff we had no clue about. They seem to have a lot in common.

Having a Ryder cup match on Sunday was the most fun I've had in a long time. Thanks to all those who rooted for Team USA! It was like having our THP family right there and added a lot to the fun. I want to taste that bacon popcorn when we get to the outing Mary! TC should have known better to root against the USA.

It was funny seeing all the reactions to Rx's outfit at Lake Jonesco. All our regular guys were there when we arrived and they came off the porch and welcomed the two and told Rx he was a bit overdressed for Lake Jonesco. Half or more of them had on jeans. One guy even rode up to RxGus from from another hole on the course and told him how sharp he looked. I teased the guys about being matchy matchy because their bags matched and so did their shirts (thank goodness Seth's was underneath another shirt at first). I had to clarify to some of the guys that they were not a "couple" because I goofed and referred to us as the old couple vs the young couple. That got some good laughs.

After playing about 12 holes with the guys on Saturday, I decided that I would play the red tees on Sunday if I was going to be a help to our team. I am glad I did because I could not hit my driver worth a toot on Sunday. Luckily my short game saved me on a bunch of holes. I have never played with RxGus before but I have now played on several occasions with Seth. His game is getting better and better every time I play with him. It's so neat to see his progress! He can knock the heck out of a golf ball. I just love watching his swing. He murders the ball. I knew RxGus was nervous about this being the first time he has hit a ball in quite a while and after going through major swing changes via lessons. He was pretty hard on himself yesterday but I saw some gorgeous shots out of him and predict a really good game for him in the near future. He can hit a ball so long! I mean LONG! His problems certainly didn't come from a swing flaw that I saw. His swing is really good. His short game was just rusty from not playing and I'm sure he wasn't used to playing off hard pan either. It is tough on the wedge shots.

My boss REALLY appreciated hearing wonderful things about the conditions of the greens. He said his head was swollen from all the compliments. I really appreciate the fact that they took the time to talk to him. Superintendents work hard and need to know their work is noticed.

Seth knows he is like family to us and we really love it when he comes to see us. He is one talented guy! We got him to autograph some of our THP poker chips. Gus is a fine young man with such a promising future. It's hard to believe he is so young because he is already so successful. It's neat hearing about their families and getting to know them better. Both are very fine young men.

Thanks THP for giving us the opportunity to meet such great people and for allowing us to share our fun. THP is like family to both of us.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the next time I get in a round with "Kyle with style" glad you made it home safely, and keep working on that swing, it is really looking good.

I told Gray that I would stop by one of my "home" courses and take a couple pictures. As you can tell, it was pretty late when I got off work and this is the only picture that turned out. #9 of Briarwood CC. 195 yard, Par 3. Tee box is between the two stands of trees on the left and carries a currently frozen lake.

Look at that flag stick there... just mocking me.
53517214.jpg

I don't think the yellow e-6's would help too much on that hole.

I told Gray that I would stop by one of my "home" courses and take a couple pictures. As you can tell, it was pretty late when I got off work and this is the only picture that turned out. #9 of Briarwood CC. 195 yard, Par 3. Tee box is between the two stands of trees on the left and carries a currently frozen lake.

Look at that flag stick there... just mocking me.
53517214.jpg

OMG! Now I can certainly understand why you wanted to head south Kyle!!! Man that sucks :bad:

The Euro team in action this weekend!

"All Day"

OMG! Now I can certainly understand why you wanted to head south Kyle!!! Man that sucks :bad:

Does Footjoy make snowshoes?

Gus hit some bombs last weekend!

As did Seth, both of you were really fun to be with and to watch bomb the ball. Hope to see you again soon.

Nice videos. the swings looked good!

Georgia February Get Together

Georgia February Get Together

Tomorrow morning we have SW FLA rolling into Gray, Ga. for a round of golf with myself, DawgDaddy, & KellyBo. If the rain holds off until late tomorrow afternoon as it's supposed to, we will have a great time! SW FLA has not met KellyBo or DawgDaddy yet so it will be fun. I played with SW FLA at our Blairsville, Ga golf trip last October and he is a great guy and fun to be around!
We are looking forward to tomorrow :golf2:....:clapp:

+1 It will be fun meeting SW FLA and getting in a round with my friends KellyBo & Ole Gray. The weather calls for rain around 3 in the afternoon.

You fellers will be home licking your wounds well before the rain gets there :) of course I brought my jeans so I'll fit in and to counter the denim I'll be sporting an IJP polo.

All kidding aside I'm really looking forward to getting out with yall tomorrow, thanks for the chance to play with middle Georgias finest.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

You fellers will be home licking your wounds well before the rain gets there :) of course I brought my jeans so I'll fit in and to counter the denim I'll be sporting an IJP polo.

All kidding aside I'm really looking forward to getting out with yall tomorrow, thanks for the chance to play with middle Georgias finest.

You are going to make me bust out my best pair of Sunday overalls dude :D....

All this talk of golf in the south is making me very jealous...:angry:

Glad that Casa del Gray is hosting some fine Get Together's.

Might have to look into that Robert Trent Jones trip down in Anniston we talked about last year...

http://www.rtjgolf.com/silverlakes/

with 9 hole courses called Mindbreaker, Backbreaker and Heartbreaker, how can you go wrong??

All this talk of golf in the south is making me very jealous...:angry:

Glad that Casa del Gray is hosting some fine Get Together's.

Might have to look into that Robert Trent Jones trip down in Anniston we talked about last year...

http://www.rtjgolf.com/silverlakes/

with 9 hole courses called Mindbreaker, Backbreaker and Heartbreaker, how can you go wrong??

KellyBo and I both want to put the RTJ golf experience in our things to do list for 2011! I have heard there are some incredible golf courses in your neck of the woods.

We have fun playing golf around the middle Ga area and are happy to have folks drop by. Like you said, "Casa del Gray house is right in the middle of Ga. If we can make someones weekend better, let's do it :D

P.S. KellyBo and I have made our minds up we are heading a bit south to play around of golf with Clay Cribbs this month!

KellyBo and I both want to put the RTJ golf experience in our things to do list for 2011! I have heard there are some incredible golf courses in your neck of the woods.

We have fun playing golf around the middle Ga area and are happy to have folks drop by. Like you said, "Casa del Gray house is right in the middle of Ga. If we can make someones weekend better, let's do it :D

P.S. KellyBo and I have made our minds up we are heading a bit south to play around of golf with Clay Cribbs this month!
I hope that rain turns to SNOW , because thats what its doing here right now :D :devil::eyepoke:

Have fun all! If they have GPS in the carts like in Blairsville SW FLA is gonna need to bring his helmet.

I hope that rain turns to SNOW , because thats what its doing here right now :D :devil::eyepoke:

I do feel sorry for ya Spray! Man I don't know how you guys handle it. RxGus was down a couple of weeks ago and sent back a picture of his golf course. It was completely covered with snow. I feel sorry when I complain about a little bit of rain now and then.

No GPS at Jonesco. Seems like sometimes you are better off guessing there anyway. It is a course that favors the local knowledge people. You really need to play it a few times to get the feel.

I do feel sorry for ya Spray! Man I don't know how you guys handle it. RxGus was down a couple of weeks ago and sent back a picture of his golf course. It was completely covered with snow. I feel sorry when I complain about a little bit of rain now and then.

You know us people with the bad weather have to ruffle the feathers of Y'all in the good weather states :)
Have fun and keep us posted on your outing ! :golf2::good:

Ugh I despised those carts passionately.

Have fun all! If they have GPS in the carts like in Blairsville SW FLA is gonna need to bring his helmet.

We had a really good time in spite of cold, foggy, and at time drizzly type weather. KellyBo played nine with us and then had to leave for her Cleveland fitting in Macon. The golf was not spectacular by any means however the wet, muddy, and chilly day did come into play for all of us. KellyBo as always showed with some great shots. She hates playing in the cold weather but pulled out some really solid shots. SW FLA has a wedge game to die for. He hit some sandshots that would make your head spin! The first one was on the par 3 third hole. The ball flew out of the trap, spun up the flag, spun some more on the ground and almost went in the hole. He showed his short game skill several more times during the round and another sand shot on hole #17 was a beauty. This guy has Gary Player type sand skills! DawgDaddy always brings a strong golf game to the course. He played some show nuff good golf on the front side and putted one in from around 40 ft for a birdie on hole six and made a beautiful lob wedge shot on #8 to save par. I had a mediocre front side with a couple of double bogies and brought my better game on the back nine. The company was great as always when THP'ers meet! Looking forward to the next get together :thumb:

Back