Matching Clubs...

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
How many of you have a complete set of clubs? What I mean by this they are all the same brand and model. For instance... I have a complete set of TaylorMade r7's.... Driver, fairway woods, and irons... There isn't a R7 putter, so that is the only club i will accept if it doesn't match... Lets see who has style...:D

I was, but then cheaper clubs came'round and I said fuhgettaboutit.

I really just wanted a big snake on everything, but yeah...

LOL!! I've got a mis-mosh mess in my bag. I have TaylorMade driver and 3 wood, Cleveland M4, Cobra 7 wood and Callaway X22 irons 4-SW. I couldn't have all the same brand because I just hit well with others for certain clubs.

As you can see by my bag, I have no style. Just a hodgepodge of clubs that work pretty well.

I doubt I'll ever have a matched set, its possible but I've never came across the opportunity. Of course a trip to the kingdom might change all that ;)

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I don't have "matching clubs". Whatever works the best for my swing. You're hurting your game if you'll only consider playing "matching clubs". If they're what work best for you than go for it.

Geez, I'm pretty close to an all matching bag. I've been enjoying Taylormade's wood(s) offerings a lot lately and really am liking the 2.0 irons, but I can't wait to post back in this thread in a few months and say, "Yup, all matching bag".

Good thread. I'm starting to head in that direction it appears, but not on purpose. Those Cleveland wedges aren't going anywhere though so I don't think I'll ever get to a 1 OEM bag myself.

How many of you have a complete set of clubs? What I mean by this they are all the same brand and model. For instance... I have a complete set of TaylorMade r7's.... Driver, fairway woods, and irons... There isn't a R7 putter, so that is the only club i will accept if it doesn't match... Lets see who has style...:D

Not sure it has anything to do with style, but I once had a bag full of Callaway Big Bertha clubs, driver-woods-irons-wedges-putter. I think it had little to do with style and more to do with buying all new clubs one winter and BB was the current line.

I have a pretty mixed bag, but plenty of TM in there. I would think it hard to have a completely matching set if you are trying to find the best club for every situation.

Well, i haven't been playing golf but 3 years... This will be my 4th. My handicap is a 12. I like having a matching set of clubs. I guess I know just so little about the game, that my matching set doesn't hurt me... I like comfortity!

Although I do have to say, I won't buy anything other than TM... It has my name on it... LOL See i guess I don't know much about golf.

Although I do have to say, I won't buy anything other than TM... It has my name on it... LOL See i guess I don't know much about golf.

I think it's a good idea to try out other things, especially as a fairly new golfer. What if a Ping driver, or a Nike driver gives you better #'s than your R7? Would you consider switching?

Well, i haven't been playing golf but 3 years... This will be my 4th. My handicap is a 12. I like having a matching set of clubs. I guess I know just so little about the game, that my matching set doesn't hurt me... I like comfortity!

12 is pretty solid for just 3 years, Im not there myself after much longer. But Im guessing that in time you too will find the joy of trying everything that comes down from all the companies. I think I have 8 different names in my bag without counting balls.

I don't really care what brand is in my bag so long as it works for me. I'll try and be willing to buy any brand.

Definitely not a matching set and doubt I ever will. Demo lots and use whatever works the best (or what the wife will let me purchase)!

i guess a good place for me to start trying other types of clubs would be a demo day... Anyone know of any in NW Ohio anytime soon?

I have a mixed set. R9 driver, r7 irons, adams hybrids, Cleveland wedges.

I've got close to a matching bag but the titleist 909f isnt going anywhere because I hit missiles with it. I'm also VERY intrigued with the new Cleveland TL310 driver and will more than likely be picking one of those up this spring.

I think I naturally drift towards nike gear because it has never let me down in the past, apparel and accessories included. I've played so many different sports now that its nice to be able to go to one company for every need and have quality/sizing/expectations be consistent.

no matchy match for me

no match for me. I have TM, Ping, Cleveland, Adams, and Nike all carefully placed in my Nike bag

I used to have a completely mixed up bag, but now I have a Cleveland driver and Cleveland irons. My putter, wedges and fairway woods are other brands.

I'm about half/half. But I am going to ruin that with a new driver purchase in a day or 2. (Ping G15 :joy:)

i have a tm superfast 2.0 driver r580 3wood and 5wood tm dual resue 19* 4-sw tm burner 2009 model and a tm tpi23 putter and its all in a tm bag :D

Back