The Official Banter Away Thread

Tornado just missed my friends house, he could hear the debris hitting the house and of course the wind noise.

Thank you GG, I was up till about 10:30 drinking away my sorrow and went to bed.

Never heard a thing....good scotch

This is nuts there is a tornado going across I-4 right now in Lakeland.

That sounds scary. I didn’t think tornadoes really touched down in Florida

Here’s hoping the Florida contingent stays safe! Looks like y’all have a few more hours of nasty weather.

In completely other news. My daughter told us the other day that a boy was asking about her music choices. :cautious: Ugh. It’s getting closer and closer and closer.

Here’s hoping the Florida contingent stays safe! Looks like y’all have a few more hours of nasty weather.

In completely other news. My daughter told us the other day that a boy was asking about her music choices. :cautious: Ugh. It’s getting closer and closer and closer.
Like a freight train, brother. It's cool that your daughter told you about the conversation with the boy, though, seriously. I can't stress enough how important an honest and open line of communication with your kids is (regardless of topic). When they become teenagers, it's paramount that they know that they can come to you (or your wife) with ANYTHING.

Hehehe, this kind of makes me happy. I'd be even happy if I knew I wouldn't have to deal with it in the future myself.

Hehehe, this kind of makes me happy. I'd be even happy if I knew I wouldn't have to deal with it in the future myself.

They don’t, it’s very rare which is why this has been such a big deal.

I drove by the area hit, the damage is incredible. It looks like a giant lawnmower just cut all the trees off about 15 ft from the ground, roofs completely gone, screen rooms and stuff everywhere. It took the roof off a middle school and missed my friends house by about 2,000 ft.

Hurricanes suck but the surprise incredible destruction Tornado's bring scares me a lot worst, at least we have a week or so normally to run away if needed. You folks that live with these monsters all summer are brave, after seeing this 1st hand if I lived in the tornado belt I would have a blast proof bunker for sure and a tunnel from the house to that sucker.

I drove by the area hit, the damage is incredible. It looks like a giant lawnmower just cut all the trees off about 15 ft from the ground, roofs completely gone, screen rooms and stuff everywhere. It took the roof off a middle school and missed my friends house by about 2,000 ft.

Hurricanes suck but the surprise incredible destruction Tornado's bring scares me a lot worst, at least we have a week or so normally to run away if needed. You folks that live with these monsters all summer are brave, after seeing this 1st hand if I lived in the tornado belt I would have a blast proof bunker for sure and a tunnel from the house to that sucker.

I saw some of the destruction on the news, so sad. I agree, tornadoes scare me more than anything. You get about a 5 minute warning for them, and that's if you are paying attention to the news.

That is some scary stuff glad you all are safe.

Wow, I went over 16,000 posts at some point today. I never would have guessed that would happen when I joined a few years ago just trying to find a club review. 16,000 posts and a whole lot of memories!

Spending the evening by a bonfire at my house. Listening to music. Drinking some bourbon. Enjoying the company of some good friends from THP....vis text. Although we don’t see each other a ton, I love my THP fam. So many great men (and women) who’ve been a part of this community.

@KEV @dazeedmonds @brianmk24 @Big SoIL
Appreciate the convo tonight my brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Spending the evening by a bonfire at my house. Listening to music. Drinking some bourbon. Enjoying the company of some good friends from THP....vis text. Although we don’t see each other a ton, I love my THP fam. So many great men (and women) who’ve been a part of this community.

@KEV @dazeedmonds @brianmk24 @Big SoIL
Appreciate the combo tonight my brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always brother!!

Found a Nespresso VirtuoPLUS online this weekend at an local auction site, brand new, I won the auction for $41

Lol, the only thing that was wrong with anything was that the box was a little ripped. This thing works and operates perfectly and good lord the coffee and espresso are great.

Apparently a tornado hit the Dallas area last night (just south of where we live). This is now the 2nd time a tornado touched down in our area and I've been out of town. Still researching the damage that was done in the area but hearing it's bad.

In the midst of the 3rd snow producing system so far for October. 2 inches, melt, 5 inches, melt, now 3-4 more. I'm back to hat, gloves, coat, snow boots. With the morning dark I also have lights on the dogs and a headlamp for walks. It is an interesting contrast to the golf imagery that is stuck in the brain: light, green, warm, ...

It looks like a giant lawnmower just cut all the trees off about 15 ft from the ground, roofs completely gone, screen rooms and stuff everywhere. It took the roof off a middle school and missed my friends house by about 2,000 ft.

Both are incredible. Growing up in central KS and now in NE Missouri it just seems like another day if the sirens go off. Just gotta pay attention to your surroundings at all times because it can change in a hurry. Seeing one live I will admit is incredible also........

I have a significant beard right now.

Can't decide whether to shave or let it ride haha

Based on your next week...shave it.

I have a significant beard right now.

Can't decide whether to shave or let it ride haha

I've been letting mine ride and its a bit out of control. I've decided I "think" I will trim, not shave haha

Back