THP is a gateway drug...

jlukes

Reaction score
...to the dark dark world of putter addiction. I was fine with my Rossa Daytona 1 from a few years ago. I putt well with it. Doesn't have the best feel, but it gets the job done.

Then.... I join THP... and my head starts spinning. There are so many putters out there. Why do I have only one. Should I have more than one putter? What about 3... or 4?

Do I go with an insert.... or a milled putter... or a milled putter that has an insert.... or all three?

This is a very bad addiction to be developing, especially because I just bought a house and am getting married in a year.

Yet, that didn't stop me from putting on the indoor surface at my local New York Golf store for the better part of an hour this afternoon. I must have tried 5 different putter brands and who knows how many different styles.

I almost pulled the trigger on the Cleveland Classic Bronze 1, but then my attention turned towards the Taylor Made Ghost 110 Tour. And then the Scotty. And then the Method.

What do I do? Is there a way to cure this itch?

I feel like Tyron Biggums from Chapelle Show.

tyrone_biggums.jpg

Joe Rogan, I like to putt rocks.

I was a junkie long before THP...it just added fuel to the fire.

i`m starting to get hooked! :S have a scotty cameron studio style and just bought a odyssey two ball black series putter

I had an Odyssey White Hot #1 when I found THP, and I loved it. Now I have it, a White Ice #9, a Daytona Ghost, a Seemore Si1, and an Odyssey Backstryke DART! I hear ya brother but boy, is it fun or what?

Welcome to the dark side! It's a collection that will definitely evolve over time...have fun with it.

I had an Odyssey White Hot #1 when I found THP, and I loved it. Now I have it, a White Ice #9, a Daytona Ghost, a Seemore Si1, and an Odyssey Backstryke DART! I hear ya brother but boy, is it fun or what?

Same here, when I joined THP I had only my Wilson Staff 8876 which is still my gamer, but now I have a Odyssey Mallet, Cleveland Classic 1, and a mystery Ghost putter.

THP has caused me to spend a lot of money. But well worth it. Have bought. Driver shaft, superfast 3w (sold it later), bought another superfast 3w with miyazaki shaft, 2.0 irons, xFT wedges, DG spinner shafts for said wedges, cleveland classic 4 putter, Corza ghost putter, TM kia ma daytona putter, Nike BC 101 putter, had that putter customized, TM SuperLaunch hybrid, Bushnell V2 Rangefinder, oh won a R11 because of this site, and also have a few more small things. I think I might have a problem.

I think one possible solution is to help my fiance find some hobby she wants to spend money on. Then, when she says "can i get it", I'll say, "fine, but I'm going to go grab that club I had my eye on."

How much does a kidney fetch nowadays? You only need one, right?

I am just starting, so I am a little overwhelmed. It's probably what that dude on sister-wives felt when he found another chick. It's like, holy crap, I want to have more than one... and I can...

But where do I start. Do I try something drastically different? Do I stick with a style I like but go with a different brand?

Before THP I never thought about fitting, shaft lengths, custom shafts, bending wedges, DG Spinners and all those crazy customizations.. Now what I thought was great for my game I feel I'm so far off.

I was a junkie long before THP...it just added fuel to the fire.

This.

I went from putters are pretty to freaking Golem about them...

Preeeeeeecious, my preeecious...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we talking legally or black market? Cuz, uh....I might know A guy that occasionally flips kidneys for Betty's, Scotty's, and the occasional Seemore...

I haven't actually made any purchases since joining THP, but I'll definitely admit that this had made me want to buy more golf things :D

This.

I went from putters are pretty to freaking Golem about them...

Preeeeeeecious, my preeecious...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL.... That's hilarious. This website has sent me on a whirlwind to find the best irons for my game. I've tried so much more because of this site. It has opened my eyes and educated us all.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

It's just Kool Aid! Don't drink the Kool Aid!

I did and have some Niblicks as a result.

I wasn't much interested in adding putters to my collection. My current gamer is working well for me. But, every single time I'm in this forum section.....there's another beauty! I need to stop clicking into these threads! Or.....should I just buy some? Maybe I'll just go test them....

I am just starting, so I am a little overwhelmed. It's probably what that dude on sister-wives felt when he found another chick. It's like, holy crap, I want to have more than one... and I can...

But where do I start. Do I try something drastically different? Do I stick with a style I like but go with a different brand?

I think if you're adding putters to your arsenal then you have to start with one basic question: do you want an insert or not?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Yeah this forum as got my interest in wedges I "need" more of them! Now I "need" a mallet putter as well...thank god I have no money...(repeat to self 5 times then close the browser Andrew)

Last report I heard was about 15 grand, but you have to go to shady 3rd world hospitals, and deal with some pretty slimey Ex doctors in the states to make the connections. :act-up:

It's just Kool Aid! Don't drink the Kool Aid!

I did and have some Niblicks as a result.

You say that like it is a bad thing!

When I joined this site, what seems a very long time ago, I was just getting back into golf and looking more for info on my swing, drivers and irons. The more involved I became the more I started looking at everything in golf.

Then going to the fall outing and winning a custom milled putter that I didn't feel right about playing made me want another that I could actually take on the course.

Just look at what I have become today, a poor putter addict with less closet space.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I have a very addictive personallity. Not that I'm addicted to anything illegal... LOL But I started playing golf 3 years ago, this being my 4th. And I'm always doing something that involves my golf game, whether it's researching equipment, reading articles about the way "the pro's" do things on the course and practicing my game. Even during winter in NW Ohio, I putt in my basement. Then I find THP! Now, not only am I constantly thinking about my game, even at work I have THP up all day in another screen... THP definitely fuels my addiction when I can't actually be on the course with a club in my hand! I have 2 putters. But I only use one of the. Both are TM Rossa. One is a blade and one is a mid shaft mallet (don't like the mid shaft always push putts with it, why I changed). I too have been recently drooling over putters. I want a GHOST!! I may be going after one soon!

I have a very addictive personallity. Not that I'm addicted to anything illegal... LOL But I started playing golf 3 years ago, this being my 4th. And I'm always doing something that involves my golf game, whether it's researching equipment, reading articles about the way "the pro's" do things on the course and practicing my game. Even during winter in NW Ohio, I putt in my basement. Then I find THP! Now, not only am I constantly thinking about my game, even at work I have THP up all day in another screen... THP definitely fuels my addiction when I can't actually be on the course with a club in my hand! I have 2 putters. But I only use one of the. Both are TM Rossa. One is a blade and one is a mid shaft mallet (don't like the mid shaft always push putts with it, why I changed). I too have been recently drooling over putters. I want a GHOST!! I may be going after one soon!

Haha I feel like I typed this post. Very similar to me.

I, too, think I am going to be purchasing a ghost next. It's just a matter of time...

Thisis hilarious, with all the newbies I've been posting similar things on their "Welcome!" threads... "Welcome to THP, its like Crack for your golf game!" I'm not a putter hoarder just yet, but I'm quickly becoming one!

I wasn't much interested in adding putters to my collection. My current gamer is working well for me. But, every single time I'm in this forum section.....there's another beauty! I need to stop clicking into these threads! Or.....should I just buy some? Maybe I'll just go test them....

I am this way with Drivers and Irons, luckily I have no cash to burn on clubs or I would need a garage just to hold my clubs!

Me too bullfrong! As soon as I get to work, I open THP and then it sits in a window and every chance I get, I'm in here!

Back