What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball striking is finally coming around, both the tee and irons. After a lesson with my wife (No BS she knows my swing like nobody else) we got everything sorted out. Shot a +4 38 (9 holes) today after work. Felt good to hit the ball well.

Way to go buddy! How was the putter today?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Way to go buddy! How was the putter today?

Really good actually...this is the strongest I have putted since I began playing again. I feel really confident over the ball, and believe I can sink anything within 15 feet...which is a far cry from just trying to cozy everything up almost begging for 2 putts. Can't stress enough how good this feels after struggling MIGHTILY the first 2 weeks of the season.

Really good actually...this is the strongest I have putted since I began playing again. I feel really confident over the ball, and believe I can sink anything within 15 feet...which is a far cry from just trying to cozy everything up almost begging for 2 putts. Can't stress enough how good this feels after struggling MIGHTILY the first 2 weeks of the season.

Fantastic news brother! Just wait til you get that dark, milled, goodness from Callaway. You'll be lethal!

That is solid!

Imagine how much better you'll be with a ghost in the bag.

Thanks my lefty brother. I was pretty happy with it considering two triples and a double on the front. LOL.

Not sure the Ghost would have helped due to the condition of the greens, bceause I missed three putts inside four feet on the back. Par on the back is 35, so that 40 could have been 37, but I left those three by not getting the ball to the hole on the really slow greens. My fault, especially since I told my playing partner I wasn't going to leave anything short on the back. But it's hard to convince yourself to really whack it when the greens are generally pretty fast during the season.

We need some sun and some wind. Get the grass growing and drying out.

Kevin

don't feel bad I have started off terrible this year. Today was the first day I actually felt confident over the ball. Coincidentally it was also the first day over 50 and winds below 25 mph
Thanks for the kind words JRod. Today was our first real decent day too. I'm also trying to discipline myself through some swing changes.

Shot a 89 at Highland Creek Golf Club, a tough track today. Not a bad round, but I have some shots I would like to have back. One three put for the day, so not to bad on the putting side of things.

Recovering From Three knee Scopes in One Month, but managed to play 9 today. Shot 41 which is horrible but did manage to stick a 6 iron within One foot from 174 for The first bird of the season

Recovering From Three knee Scopes in One Month, but managed to play 9 today. Shot 41 which is horrible but did manage to stick a 6 iron within One foot from 174 for The first bird of the season

Sorry to hear about the knee, but sounds like a solid round under the circumstances.

My scores so far this year have been anything but great, although I feel like I'm playing some of the best golf ever. I seem to have a hole here or there that just kills an other wise great round.

Played Iron Horse in Omaha yesterday. The slope and ratings really don't reflect how tough this course can be. Its a tight course with trouble from a lot of directions and lots of slope. I hit the ball great overall and still ended up with a 47/47 on the day playing from the gold, (one step off the tips). The toughest hole, #10, takes a long well placed tee shot across the lake to a narrow fairway. Shot two for me was a layup about 100 yards to put me at the edge of a very narrow neck with trouble everywhere. Shot three after the layup was 160 up hill into a strong windout of the rough and you can't see the flag. I rolled by the pin out to about 20 feet and two putted for par.

Over all it was a great day. Extremely windy and the greens were as fast as any I've ever played, but a beautiful course none the less. Three three putts on the front nine, two on the back attested to the fast greens and poor scoring.

79 for the opening round of the year. very pleased with that!
front nine was very wet, shaking off the winter...42
back nine was drier, back to back birds, but an ugly double and another bogey...37

can't wait to get out there again!

Shot a 95 yesterday (51/44) with 34 putts.

My tee game was wildly inconsistent on the front 9 which was the most discouraging considering I was striping balls at the range. I've noticed a pattern lately where all the good tempo I practice at the range leaves me for the first 2-3 holes of the course. I feel nervous and rush my tee shots until I calm down and get settled in. However that usually means a start of double double or double triple, etc. I had a good ball striking day with the irons and hybrids while putting was so so however the greens did seem to have more sand on them than the beach and you just couldn't seem to get a good roll going. The best thing about my round was my par 3 scoring, aside from a triple I had on one due to not being able to get out of a bunker in a timely fashion, I was happy with 2 pars and a bogey on the other par 3's. Overall my tee game on the front 9 kept me from breaking 90 but playing with OEM Kevin and G4L is always a good time so all things considered it was a good day.

Sounds like a fun day out there Hanks. I know what your talking about the sand on the greens. We've been dealing with that so far this year as the cover the greens with sand for he winter and let it just work in over the spring, so they are slooooow as it gets on my home course. Playing yesterday at Iron Horse Club was really tough as their greens don't have the sand and have always been super fast. I seldom 3 putt anymore and had five yesterday, haha

Sounds like a fun day out there Hanks. I know what your talking about the sand on the greens. We've been dealing with that so far this year as the cover the greens with sand for he winter and let it just work in over the spring, so they are slooooow as it gets on my home course. Playing yesterday at Iron Horse Club was really tough as their greens don't have the sand and have always been super fast. I seldom 3 putt anymore and had five yesterday, haha

Sounds like a fun round Hanks, its nice that everyone is finally getting out consistantly now and golfing. Something that has been a wierd adjustment here with the greens is that with the rain and the cold of the winter, the speed of each green is totally inconsistant. The greens that are open to the sun are fast and smooth and easy to putt, the greens that have some cover and don't get a lot of sun right now, are still very slow, and play much differently. I find it very hard to putt with inconsistant speeds on the greens.

My tee game was wildly inconsistent on the front 9 which was the most discouraging considering I was striping balls at the range. I've noticed a pattern lately where all the good tempo I practice at the range leaves me for the first 2-3 holes of the course. I feel nervous and rush my tee shots until I calm down and get settled in. However that usually means a start of double double or double triple, etc. I had a good ball striking day with the irons and hybrids while putting was so so however the greens did seem to have more sand on them than the beach and you just couldn't seem to get a good roll going. The best thing about my round was my par 3 scoring, aside from a triple I had on one due to not being able to get out of a bunker in a timely fashion, I was happy with 2 pars and a bogey on the other par 3's. Overall my tee game on the front 9 kept me from breaking 90 but playing with OEM Kevin and G4L is always a good time so all things considered it was a good day.

I had that problem too. I started playing the first two or three holes on the range beforehand and it helped out. Just try to really visualize the exact shots you need to play on those holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to play twice yesterday (my wife is out of town). The first round was part of a Masters tournament. I picked Paul Casey as my partner so I was out of contention from the get go :D. I was driving and striking the ball really well, but I could not putt to save my life. I had 36 putts and missed 5 putts from within 4 ft. Grrrrrr! I ended up shooting an 82. The best shot of the day came on the 18th hole. I tried to put a little extra juice on my drive (the 18th is a par 5, with water in play on your second and third shots on the right) and I pushed it way right. From the angle I had I could either punch it lateral and have 170 left to the pin with wind blowing straight towards the water, or I could go over the water with 215 to carry into the wind. I decided to go over, so I grabbed my M1 and hit it perfect, ling but perfect. I had about an 80 ft putt with a big drop off and I missed the putt by less than two inches and ended up tapping in for birdie. :bananadance:

They let me replay for $17 dollars and this time I went out with a phenomenal young golfer. I putted much better this round but had a few really terrible approach shots which just killed me and two penalies. I shot an 80 on this round with 30 putts. I went for the green on 18 again and this time I was more straight on and put it in the water so I finished up with a double. However the best shot of this round was awesome! I hit a really good drive on a par 4 that ended up in the first cut and left me with about 170 to the pin into the wind. I grabbed my 6 iron and tried to just hit a smooth 6. I could tell that I hit it well and knew that it was close, but when I walked up to it this is what I found.

43aa877c-cd66-0a07.jpg

My first fly in eagle :bananadance:

did you guys play the same course we played when I was down there?

Awesome stuff Doc, those are two very good rounds, and a fly in eagle to boot!! Nice shot with the M2 as well, takes some large west coast stones to take on that shot.

yeah, sand sucks for sure especially when you're seeing the amount that's still out there

We were seeing the same thing...greens you thought would be slow weren't and vice versa. Maddening at times. There were a few 4 and 5 jacks out there which we all just laughed at because the ball just wouldn't roll true sometimes
Sounds like a fun round Hanks, its nice that everyone is finally getting out consistantly now and golfing. Something that has been a wierd adjustment here with the greens is that with the rain and the cold of the winter, the speed of each green is totally inconsistant. The greens that are open to the sun are fast and smooth and easy to putt, the greens that have some cover and don't get a lot of sun right now, are still very slow, and play much differently. I find it very hard to putt with inconsistant speeds on the greens.

Visualization helps me but my main issue is tempo due to nerves when just starting out a round. Whether I'm playing with people I know or not, I still get nerves where I'm tight and way too quick in my transition which kills my scores to start a round.
I had that problem too. I started playing the first two or three holes on the range beforehand and it helped out. Just try to really visualize the exact shots you need to play on those holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah same one but with no wind. No wind...that just sounds funny since that's all we've had here lately.
did you guys play the same course we played when I was down there?

first round of the year and I shot 78 (41/37), 34 putts (20 on the front), and no lost balls!

I shot 88 today, which is good for me. I hit good wedge shots and some good iron shots. My driver was a little weird. I had a little fade or the pulls going on, so I am pretty sure I am coming too far inside on my backswing. I played in a scramble on slower bumpier greens yesterday, and I had a little trouble with speed today on my slick home course greens.

Played horrible today. Very wet from yesterdays rain, along with wind gusting to 25mph. I got on a bit of a bogey train and ended up shooting 87.

Played from the gold tees with some long hitting ladies today. I shot a 93 with another HORRIBLE day of putting. I had 42 putts today. I don't know what's going on with that. Maybe I need to call Seemore and let them help me figure it out. I love my Seemore but I'm just struggling with it this week.

Played 9 holes, 35 (-2). They're dirteasy, so nothing to get excited about. Shortgame and driving is still really good. Need my new wedges sorted so I can get used to the new loft (54 instead of 56) and work on yardages.

Awful day...97...sigh.... Practice, practice, practice. Lessons. More practice. Oy vey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back