Buying new driver....but which one?

vj_ross

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm definitely leaning towards the R11 or maybe the Superfast 2.0 but is there something else out there any better? I've done a little research online and in golf shops and find it hard to beat the R11.

i tried the sp 2.0 it was great when it was hot but not for me try the titleist 910 D2

I'd hit them both. Find which one has the best distance, feel, and accuracy for you. Make sure you get fit!

I'd hit them both. Find which one has the best distance, feel, and accuracy for you. Make sure you get fit!

That is the best advise you will receive in this thread.

Srixon Zstar, i went from the R11 to the Zstar and couldnt be happier, fits my game much better

My in the bag driver is a Ping G10 with a Proforce V2 HL. Comparing the Superfast and a R9 460 (should be here Monday) against the G10. Right now the Superfast and G10 are in a dead heat.

Srixon Zstar, i went from the R11 to the Zstar and couldnt be happier, fits my game much better

This is why you should try as many drivers as possible. You need to find the one/shaft that fits your game the best!

I find it hard to beat an adjustable driver, whether it's an R11 or something else that suits your eye. Try as many as you can before deciding. Lots of great choices out there.

For who? For me it sure wasnt.

what do you mean there? do you not like the R11? or do you prefer something else? sorry i had a hard time deciphering whatcha meant there.

What would be your top 5 this year JB?

I find it hard to beat an adjustable driver, whether it's an R11 or something else that suits your eye. Try as many as you can before deciding. Lots of great choices out there.

This for me too.

My driver may be old but I love it and being able to adjust it to suit my game makes it even better

I'm definitely leaning towards the R11 or maybe the Superfast 2.0 but is there something else out there any better? I've done a little research online and in golf shops and find it hard to beat the R11.

two completely different drivers. i wouldn't even compare them to each other. one will work great for you and the other one won't. which ever one works for you, that's the one I'd buy if i were you.

Did you try the Titleist 910 d2? I went to my courses demo day today, looking for a new driver and hybrids. I thought i would end up with the R11, because i love my r11 3 wood. But the d2 with the Motore f3 60 was amazing for me. I actually hated the r11. Try the d2 if you can.

try as many as you can get your hands on

Try as many as possible on the monitor and then if possible take it to the range! I tried about 8 the other day and the Adams gave me the best numbers on the monitor, but once I got it to the range, I hated it! Worked with it for 3 days and finally took it back today and put my R9 back in the bag, which the Adams only slightly beat on the monitor.

yeah if anything take it outside!!! my mistake!!

I love my Z-TX so I think the Z-Star would be on my horizon at some stage and maybe also the Burner 2.0 and maybe the 910 D2.

I could not agree more with what everyone else is saying about getting fitted and trying as many as you can. I also agree with Biggsy about the adjustable drivers; they allow for club changes potentially as your swing or conditions change. I am getting back on a launch monitor this afternoon after spending some time on one Friday.

I pretty much tried everything available and my favorite thus far by sound/feel is the Titleist D2 with Aldila RIP 60 shaft. My goal today is to hit all of them again and record the LM numbers and then review all of that before making a final decision.

Looking for a new driver as well and so far I'm partial to the Titleist 910 D2. Love the look and feel.

Getting fit is the only way to go, but keep your eye's open to any thing available. Just because it works for others does not mean its right for you. A good friend of mine just picked up a driver off ebay that's not even made anymore, Nickent 4DX, and is hitting it longer and straighter than any driver he's ever had. I sold mine, wasn't for me.

The thing about Taylormade is that they have a great reputation and buzz going around their product. What you do need to be careful about though, is that the R11 is not the easiest club in the world to hit and no adjusting will change that.

I've only seen one person game it on the course thus far, but with his handicap, his swing speed, and his low ball flight, it just didn't send the ball up long enough to do anything. He hit one great drive that day.......and a lot of these 200 yd carry with like 40+ yard of roll kinda drives.

There's also a bunch of talk on the R11 driver thread about it not being the most forgiving as well. I can't comment on that. I've only played it on the range and not on the course so I was less concerned about the yardage and more about sailing it over the back fence.

May be an echo, but get fit. I personally struggled with the TM drivers on the monitor.

I'm looking at a new driver too....what's the most forgiving driver for 2011? I've read K15 is supposedly the easiest to hit.

I'm looking at a new driver too....what's the most forgiving driver for 2011? I've read K15 is supposedly the easiest to hit.

In my experience with my K15 it is ultra forgiving. I can leak left with it and I have had 2 big hooks on the course. Adjusting to the left tendencies isn't too terribly difficult once you spend time with the club. It absolutely takes the right side out. If you come over the top or have slice tendencies it is a driver to check out.

Back