Wilson Staff FG Tour Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These arrived at THP HQ for demo day and I wanted to put up a few pictures. They are such a contrast to the TW9 wedges that I know many THPers liked quite a bit.

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

dsc_5879-L.jpg

dsc_5876-L.jpg

Sharp looking wedge.

That sure is gorgeous, but the leading edge sure does look way rounded. Is that the case or is it just me?

Nice looking wedge. Reminds me of the scratch 8620 milled wedges a little. Does the milling go out to the toe of the wedge or stop with the grooves?

• Admin
That sure is gorgeous, but the leading edge sure does look way rounded. Is that the case or is it just me?

Holding it up with the wedges you are playing now, it appears to be very similar in terms of leading edge.

Nice looking wedge. Reminds me of the scratch 8620 milled wedges a little. Does the milling go out to the toe of the wedge or stop with the grooves?

It covers the entire face.

THen it's going to be a wicked wedge.

What's the shaft.

Holy smokes that thing is freaking gorgeous!

Dang those look nice. I really want to hear more about these bad boys.

can't wait to hear what you guys that are going to the demo day think of these.

wow that is a nice looking wedge. Very different looking from the Tw9(which I liked a lot). I can't wait to test them out in about 2 weeks.

These are very pretty! Will be looking forward to hearing the write ups. I'm still kinda in a love/hate with my TW9s, but I'm working through it....unless of course these come in and steal my cheatin' heart. :D

Love the looks of those wedges!

I had a chance to demo these last month outdoors off of grass. By far, these had the best combo of feel/accuracy/distance compared to Titleist, Callaway, and Cleveland. For me, these were point and shoot. If I remember, these had DG shafts. And the best part is that the retail is $99.

I had a chance to demo these last month outdoors off of grass. By far, these had the best combo of feel/accuracy/distance compared to Titleist, Callaway, and Cleveland. For me, these were point and shoot. If I remember, these had DG shafts. And the best part is that the retail is $99.

What made these more accurate do think than the other 3? I mean where do you think forgiveness comes from here? They are blade wedges like the others, well the Cleveland should have had perimeter weighting if it was the 16s and not the 15s.

I'm liking those! Simple, but sexy!

My friend bought one of these last month and it looks so slick!

It looks like Wilson is really bringing it this year with their entire lineup of clubs. A good looking wedge for sure.

What made these more accurate do think than the other 3? I mean where do you think forgiveness comes from here? They are blade wedges like the others, well the Cleveland should have had perimeter weighting if it was the 16s and not the 15s.

On a wedge (due to the shorter shaft and smaller head) I don’t believe that perimeter weighting comes much into play, so forgiveness is not a factor. For me, the wedges have nice weighting, the sole grind fit my swing (although I think I would like a little more heel relief), and the full shot trajectory fit my eye, so I could put a nice relaxed swing and get the results I was expecting. I normally do not like DG shafts, but these in the Wedge flex worked nicely for me. All of these factors combined to simply allow for me to pick a target, step up, and swing away. I hit to flags from 60, 85, and 100 yards with I believe the 52* and just about each shot (out of 20-25) I would have been left with a decent/makable putt. I was also able to vary the trajectory fairly easily, which I like.

I currently play the Nickent ARC wedges with 100g Nippon Shafts. I love these for chipping and sand shots, but so-so for full shots. I need to spend a little more time with the Wilson wedge around the green, but can definitely see putting these in my bag this year. I almost pulled the trigger the day of the a event, but instead bought the Bobby Grace putter which I discussed in another thread (and which I absolutely love!).

Very clean looking and I prefer that to the TW9. They definitely look round to me.

On a wedge (due to the shorter shaft and smaller head) I don’t believe that perimeter weighting comes much into play, so forgiveness is not a factor.

Ironically I think very differently for most golfers. Again, its a personal thing based off of our testing, but I am glad that they worked for you. Love hands on feedback.

wow, thats a nice looking wedge, I cant wait to hit it!

D@mn good looking wedge. Wilson is making quite a comeback in the golf industry.

Back