2011 THP Demo Day Thread

me too. I have only really seen any info on them in the Golf Digest. Question...did you use the sticker? haha

Could you guys please request some Method CORE putters.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I'd like to see those there too. I really like the Method putters at the last outing, so much that I now have one in the bag. Interested to see how the insert in the Method Core putter feels.

Here's a question/request for demo day, would it be possible to get one of those Mizuno Shaft Optimizers for demo day? Or would having one of those mean having a Mizuno rep there to work it? Just curious.

Here's a question/request for demo day, would it be possible to get one of those Mizuno Shaft Optimizers for demo day? Or would having one of those mean having a Mizuno rep there to work it? Just curious.

No it is something we inquired about, but they do not allow this without a rep present and since we do not allow that, it cannot take place.

No it is something we inquired about, but they do not allow this without a rep present and since we do not allow that, it cannot take place.

Ok, cool. Just thought I'd ask. It would definitely be a cool tool to have there!

It might be impossible but

Spoiler
Center Shafted Rossa Ghost

me too. I have only really seen any info on them in the Golf Digest. Question...did you use the sticker? haha

I saw that and when I tried to take the sticker off it ripped :sad:

Starting shortly after the PGA Show we will start updating the 1st post with items as they come in for the THP Demo Day. Obviously items that are NOT released will not be listed and we can assure that we will have some of those as usual.

How about asking True Temper if they will send some DG Spinners and then installing them in some of the wedges that will be available? Or asking the OEM's to send their wedges stock and with the DG's. I'd like to see the difference for myself before committing to a change. Sorry, this is probably a tough one to ask, but it never hurts to throw it out there :)

How about asking True Temper if they will send some DG Spinners and then installing them in some of the wedges that will be available? Or asking the OEM's to send their wedges stock and with the DG's. I'd like to see the difference for myself before committing to a change. Sorry, this is probably a tough one to ask, but it never hurts to throw it out there :)

Maybe JB will let you use his wedges or OEM will let you or Hanks. Any lefties that want to try them out are more than welcome to give my wedges a go as well.

Maybe JB will let you use his wedges or OEM will let you or Hanks. Any lefties that want to try them out are more than welcome to give my wedges a go as well.

Thanks TC, and for lefties a good test if they wanted to see the difference would be to hit my MPT-10s with no spinners against TC's MPT-11's with spinners.

That would be an idea too.

I have the wedge + DG spinners in my wedges. Anybody can try those to compare to the wedge shafts.

Aren't the heads a little different between those two wedges as well? Speaking of wedges, since thats next on the horizon for me. Will there multiple lofts and bouce options available for each model or will it kinda be standard across the OEM spectrum? It's a noob question, but I am what I am :alien:

On another note, JB during the putter round-up you took a moment to show how easy it was to pull a head from an iron. Is there anyway possible you could take a small window of time and do something similar like that again. I ask because it was probably the most interesting thing I learned that day (second to finding Sushi I actually like) and getting club work done is expensive. I know it's probably not feasible due to traveling and hotel restrictions but just tossing it out there.

Last edited:

I've got them in my xFTs too Hawk, you're more than welcome to give them a wirl too if you like.

Hands off my wedges.

I trade you my Mashie for awhile ;)

I could do that!

Here's a question related to the topic at hand. For people wanting to try something like my xFTs with the Spinner shafts, is that even allowed? Or would those wanting to try something like that have to get together separately on the range before or after our rounds to try them out?

Can we get the Taylormade Ladies R11 driver at demo day! And am interested if it can be fit with custom shafts.

JB got a question of sorts on hybrids. do you just ask a company to send hybrids & is it up to them to decide which ones to send, as in 2i, 3i & 4i. Or do you ask them to send say 2i & 3i hybrids. I ask because even tho I like mine, they are older ones & I'm lookin @ replacing my 3 & 4.

We ask for all lofts, but it is up to them what they send.

any chance of getting some of the oban shafts?

First post will start getting updated this week. Keep the requests coming.

Back