2011 THP Outing Recap Thread

Love reading all the recaps while waiting for the ferry home. Everyone at the outing were great people and I enjoyed every minute of the trip except for as Dr Teeth can tell you bursting my right eardrum on the decent into houston. I didn't know it was burst until he told me I had blood running out of my ear, awesome. AnywayDr Teeth it was great spending all that time with you and mr and mrs blind9 at the airport and look forward to seeing you soon. One more award goes to TC for the worst cart driving award, he knows why!

Ouch!

I think Gus should get a cart driving award as well. He tried to drive over my cart this morning, the ensuing laughter caused me to 3 jack.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Love reading all the recaps while waiting for the ferry home. Everyone at the outing were great people and I enjoyed every minute of the trip except for as Dr Teeth can tell you bursting my right eardrum on the decent into houston. I didn't know it was burst until he told me I had blood running out of my ear, awesome. AnywayDr Teeth it was great spending all that time with you and mr and mrs blind9 at the airport and look forward to seeing you soon. One more award goes to TC for the worst cart driving award, he knows why!

Doh! I was hoping you would've forgotten that dude.

I want to do some more awards b/c they are fun.

Most in need of a haircut: coolbreeze. How in the hell you kept all that hair on down there in that heat, I'll never know.

Most I shouldn't play golf with Uncle Daddy: dmb012. You can't hang buddy, and it will cost you a lot when that cart girl cruises by.

Most awesome 50 yard driver shot: yoccos FTW!!!!! I still think you should've brought that driver to dinner and fed it some bbq.

Most awesome shirt: not team Bushwood! Cotton + Florida in May = not good!

Most awesome with the flat stick: cmoors! That dude can roll the rock folks. He must've made 300 feet worth of putts for Team Bushwood.

Most awesome fish tacos: the ones I paid for about 3 hours after I ate them. Thanks Wider.

coolbreeze it was great hanging out with you and Mr and Mrs Blind9! That made the 2 hour layover super enjoyable! Hope you get home safe, I know you have got to be tired (I know I was when I pulled up to my house at 5:30 am Florida time). I cant wait to get the chance to tee it up with you, good luck in the Morgan Cup! You are going to rock it!

I want to do some more awards b/c they are fun.

Most in need of a haircut: coolbreeze. How in the hell you kept all that hair on down there in that heat, I'll never know.

Most I shouldn't play golf with Uncle Daddy: dmb012. You can't hang buddy, and it will cost you a lot when that cart girl cruises by.

Most awesome 50 yard driver shot: yoccos FTW!!!!! I still think you should've brought that driver to dinner and fed it some bbq.

Most awesome shirt: not team Bushwood! Cotton + Florida in May = not good!

Most awesome with the flat stick: cmoors! That dude can roll the rock folks. He must've made 300 feet worth of putts for Team Bushwood.

Most awesome fish tacos: the ones I paid for about 3 hours after I ate them. Thanks Wider.

Wider rules. Took him 10 minutes to fully grasp my order of a bacon cheeseburger and he then brings me a cheeseburger. Wider truly earns his 18% lol

Hahaha! Man that sport bar was bad! The first night we got there, I tried to order 3 times and finally decided that it wasn't worth it cause I wouldnt get my food until 1130pm. So I ate popcorn for my dinner instead!

Wider rules. Took him 10 minutes to fully grasp my order of a bacon cheeseburger and he then brings me a cheeseburger. Wider truly earns his 18% lol

Hahaha! Man that sport bar was bad! The first night we got there, I tried to order 3 times and finally decided that it wasn't worth it cause I wouldnt get my food until 1130pm. So I ate popcorn for my dinner instead!

lol!

Whatever though. Who puts a guy like that in charge of a section. He was clearly overwhelmed. I was starving though. So much that I almost ate those baco's.

I'm so glad to hear everyone had a great time! I am also jealous! :)

lol!

Whatever though. Who puts a guy like that in charge of a section. He was clearly overwhelmed. I was starving though. So much that I almost ate those baco's.

I was watching you guys eat those bacos and just praying that someone didn't vomit. Hawk almost lost it a couple of times, and each time he came close I almost lost what little I had in my stomach :D

I'm so glad to hear everyone had a great time! I am also jealous! :)

and just so you know, I received your message via Dr. Teeth buddy! Great gesture! I'll see you at the next one I'm sure of it.

lol!

Lol the Baco challenge was awesome. Your dad has an iron stomach!! Hawk on the other hand not so much. Hawk that was the lamest attempt at an eating challenge ever! And then you give your wife a beer with baco throw up bits in it to drink. She is truly blessed

and just so you know, I received your message via Dr. Teeth buddy! Great gesture! I'll see you at the next one I'm sure of it.

I am glad he did that for me. Steve is a great guy, and he speaks very highly of you as well. I will do my best to make it next year! I have to see you make those clutch putts in person! :)

Man this thread has me missing that awesome Florida vibe and fantastic Wider service. Along with all the great people. Shame on vanessa for letting me order that dessert in the first place lol.

This outing was amazing. I cant wait to post some more and see you all again. Got another flight for 410 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of more awards that have to be given.

Best Beatdown By a Keebler Elf - Chunkylover handing One-T his pride in a paper bag after beating him by about 10 strokes.
Best Tony Romo Impersonation - The 70 yard driver contest and watching P4B hit it 15 yards instead of 70.
Best use of a tree - Ddec Clearly
Biggest Mistake of the weekend - 9Ironman forgetting his wedding band just days after getting married.
Best Dangerous Golf Outfit Alive - TC and cotton shirt equals funny westmoob sweat.
Best Driver Shaft in 2 pieces - Ole Gray showing that he can win without the big stick.
Longest Wedge of Weekend - Yoccos....Unfortunately it was the clubhead and not the ball.

Best Tony Romo Impersonation - The 70 yard driver contest and watching P4B hit it 15 yards instead of 70.

I just spit my pepsi out of my mouth all over the computer monitor laughing when I read this!

Lol the Baco challenge was awesome. Your dad has an iron stomach!! Hawk on the other hand not so much. Hawk that was the lamest attempt at an eating challenge ever! And then you give your wife a beer with baco throw up bits in it to drink. She is truly blessed

I have to go pick up my boy right now, but I will address this post soon! That was a sucker bet if I ever took one.

Wow....that's really all I can say....Wow.

I will not miss the 2012 Outing.....this I swear!

Couple of more awards that have to be given.

Best Beatdown By a Keebler Elf - Chunkylover handing One-T his pride in a paper bag after beating him by about 10 strokes.
Best use of a tree - Ddec Clearly
Biggest Mistake of the weekend - 9Ironman forgetting his wedding band just days after getting married.
Best Dangerous Golf Outfit Alive - TC and cotton shirt equals funny westmoob sweat.
Best Driver Shaft in 2 pieces - Ole Gray showing that he can win without the big stick.
Longest Wedge of Weekend - Yoccos....Unfortunately it was the clubhead and not the ball.

Not a great way to start, buddy. lol

Lets just start a 2012 pre-sign-up right now so we make sure we get our names on the list DrumDog. I am not missing out next year!

Wow....that's really all I can say....Wow.

I will not miss the 2012 Outing.....this I swear!

What a great weekend! I truly had a blast meeting everybody. It was so different trying to associate screen names with real names. I was so confused Thursday night. The demo day was just through the roof! I seriously think about 2 pm I was about to puke due to hitting so many balls in 90* heat. It was seriously hot in Florida. Good luck Morgan Cup teams. I think I hit every club there and even a few of the women’s for fun. I think the funniest time was when I tried a left-handed driver. That did not work out so well.

The THP dinner was so awesome. I don’t think I have eaten that much BBQ in one sitting. It was so good. I think everybody around me at my table one something, but me. I was so happy for them, but a little jealous inside. I kept eying Truetempers Bushnell Rangefinder the whole rest of the night. That thing looked sick.

On Saturday morning round, I was teamed up with UncleDaddy, Rbelbin and MrBlind9. We had such a great time. After the third hole, UncleDaddy and me realized our games were not on and started to drink some. It really made the round a lot of fun. He is such a great guy and I can see where OneT and TC get their personalities. I don’t think there was a piece of the course that MrBlind9 did not hit. I really don’t know how he hit that small metal post on one of the holes. Great! As everybody else said, Rbelbin just crushes the ball. He really has a beautiful swing and game to go with it. Morgan Cup players watch out! It is so depressing to have the best drive of the day and look 50 yds down the fairway to see Rbelbin’s ball. HAHA
The afternoon captains choice round, I was teamed up with Golf4Life, Flidini and TrueTemper. We had such a great time and great laughs. I think it was about the 5th hole when Flidini and I found our drink cart girl. After getting a few refreshing beverages our games were on point. We didn’t win, but I had the time of my life with those guys.

Saturday night at the iBar was a blast! Before I knew it was 2:30 in the morning and I realized I had to play golf in the morning. I loved hanging out with everybody that night and having some good times!

On Sunday I was teamed up with Biggsy, Hawk and Yoccos. I didn’t feel my best and surly didn’t play my best. I still had a great time and the Champion course owned me. That course is a very beautiful and hard course. I really enjoyed trying to play like a pro from the back tees in the Bear Trap. I didn’t fair out that well, but my group had some great laughs that day.

A few awards in my mind from the weekend.

Longest and straightest shot I have ever seen- Rbelbnin

Best roommate- SWFLA (Danny is the best roommate I have ever had. We picked me up and dropped me off at the airport Thursday and Sunday. We had some good laughs around the room and had a blast the whole weekend.)

Fastest Baco Eater- UncleDaddy (I think it is a Western NC thing.)

Smoked the most Cigs- Coolbreeze (I don’t think there was a time CB didn’t smoke the whole weekend. It was crazy. HAHA)

Best Joke- Bulldog (He has OneT and me crying at breakfast on Saturday)

All in all, I just had a blast the weekend and wanted to tell all the THP staff how great of job they did. Everybody worked so hard to make sure everything went smoothly. Thanks JB and GolferGal for all that you did and I can’t wait for next year.

wow this thread is full of win!!!

Funniest picture of the outing award: TC (sorry I had to delete it)

Most embarrassed award: Me when I introduced myself and gave a big hug to a stranger thinking it was Chunkylover

Most original dress like a pro award: Dr. Teeth for making at least 5 clip on teeth to make his teeth look like Lee Westwood. I thought they were his real teeth until he pointed them out.

Worst hole of the outing to me: #6 on the Champions course #1 handicap http://pgamembersclub.com/golf/video/video.php?mv=6

A special thanks to Bulldog for the cool pair of earrings he brought to me that say I:love:Golf! That was so sweet of you!

why is that the #1 handicap hole?? looks fairly generous... minus the water... or am i missing something? lol

Back