2013 Morgan Cup Matchups

Fiddle or buddy?

:act-up:

Lol, you'll have to pardon my teammate, he likes to play the paper games.

#thatswhyyouplaythegame

will i get a translator in my singles match so i can understand what caster is saying? Or so someone can explain to him what Gawf is. :alien:

I am super surprised that people aren't going to play their opponent and are only going to worry about their game. There is so much that goes into matchplay, just playing your own game can get you outsmarted. Thats why I said that. lol

I am super surprised that people aren't going to play their opponent and are only going to worry about their game. There is so much that goes into matchplay, just playing your own game can get you outsmarted. Thats why I said that. lol

Well being aware of the match and what your opponent is doing is a "must" in my book. But "playing the match" and "playing them like a fiddle" are a little different.

The internet can't be undone.

I had to rib you some on this one! Hahaha

Well being aware of the match and what your opponent is doing is a "must" in my book. But "playing the match" and "playing them like a fiddle" are a little different.

The internet can't be undone.

I had to rib you some on this one! Hahaha

Hopefully you accomplish what you are out to do. I wouldn't want to go in expecting to play my opponent like a fiddle and end up playing them like a harp. That'd be embarrassing.........

Playing like a fiddle has nothing to do with winning. Playing them means not being outsmarted or making mental mistakes in the match.

Its not like I said that I am going to roll my opponents and they dont have a chance. Thats the last thing I would say lol

Hopefully you accomplish what you are out to do. I wouldn't want to go in expecting to play my opponent like a fiddle and end up playing them like a harp. That'd be embarrassing.........

Looking forward to my match with Wadesworld!!! Alot of interesting pairings on that list, should be a great day of golf (or Gawf for Buck)

Buckjob! Man I'm excited to play with you on Sunday!

Playing like a fiddle has nothing to do with winning. Playing them means not being outsmarted or making mental mistakes in the match.

Its not like I said that I am going to roll my opponents and they dont have a chance. Thats the last thing I would say lol

Play someone like a fiddle

1. (idiomatic) To manipulate (a person) skilfully. He played you like a fiddle.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/play_someone_like_a_fiddle

Lol. I'm just bustin on ya, but it sounded like you wanted to roll somebody when you use a phrase like that. :alien:

i sure love to gawf i wonder if Castor Gawfs.... boy that would be awesome on sunday if he did.

Back on topic: If my math is correct (and it always is), it looks like me and icey will be accompanied by canadan and dhjkelly. which is awesome. Sunday will be a blast.

Dean and I will have an epic match.

What will be more epic is the smack talk between the other two in our group. Chunky vs Jake. I think Dean and I will quite enjoy harassing those two about their match.

looks like someone already has played someone like a fiddle!

We could start a bluegrass band with all the fiddle playing in here. :alien:

Back on topic: If my math is correct (and it always is), it looks like me and icey will be accompanied by canadan and dhjkelly. which is awesome. Sunday will be a blast.

as much as i'd like to play with more THPers i kinda hope singles go out alone i think that would be awesome and add another element to the competition.

as much as i'd like to play with more THPers i kinda hope singles go out alone i think that would be awesome and add another element to the competition.

We wanna be done before dark dude! I see no way that we go out as 2-somes.

I love the matchups. They are really evenly balance. Should be awesome. Love the captains match to finish it out.

I had a dream that we all had caddies. That was awesome. Each team had a different color bib and everything lol

backpedaling34.jpg

Never know, with the more serious tone this year might just go out at twosomes. Remember around here anything is possible.
So, you couldnt potentially have the final group sitting on the tee box for almost 2.5 hours waiting?

Back