2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent news! I can't wait to hear who it is!

I have a couple names in my head for this one, but to me there is one person who would really deserve a captaincy.

Yeah, I have a couple of names in my head...but knowing JB and GG, they are liable to suprise us again!

Man I have no idea who would be the best for captain. There are really 5-10 people who all would be 100%deserving.

I think it should be Jake. If he can lead JakeNation then he can easily captain 2 MC teams at the same time.

can't wait to find out who the 4th will be in my singles match on Sunday. :alien:

can't wait to find out who the 4th will be in my singles match on Sunday. :alien:

Did someone mention anything about singles? I dont recall anything about any formats yet....hehe

I think I have an idea as well. However, JB and GG have been known to surprise me.

I think it should be Jake. If he can lead JakeNation then he can easily captain 2 MC teams at the same time.

Well he is twice the size of Chunky

Fun sitting back and watching all the excitement. I have a couple names in my mind that would make great captain picks, but JB and GG always pull out the big surprise.

Did someone mention anything about singles? I dont recall anything about any formats yet....hehe

well i'll be.......

Format change away from the singles competition could relieve a lot of pressure and make everything a lot more fun.

he just blew your mind didn't he?

lol, everything he says/does seems to do so, practically on a daily basis.

Format change away from the singles competition could relieve a lot of pressure and make everything a lot more fun.

where's the fun in that? I thought the singles was a lot of fun.

I didn't mention format change either. Just making sure nobody gets ahead of themselves....

I didn't mention format change either. Just making sure nobody gets ahead of themselves....

yeah Frank, take it easy.

It's all part of the process and pairings but there would be groups with huge handicap differentials with maybe 2 people having more of a competition with the 3rd having a much different experience.

Same here. Plus, it makes sense that at some point in a competition like that, you have to play your own ball and be completely responsible for the outcome. I realize that you have to play your own ball in the best-ball, but even in that format you can rely on a teammate.

Looking forward to Captain number 4! Oh wait..........the phone is ringing!!!!!!

Nevermind...wrong number.

It's all part of the process and pairings but there would be groups with huge handicap differentials with maybe 2 people having more of a competition with the 3rd having a much different experience.

That is true. But it also depends on how pairings are made. Last year was random, the year before they were agreed upon. But we are getting way ahead of ourselves here

Excited to hear about the new captain! Been a busy weekend and it looks like I have a lot to catch up on, but this will definitely give me a lot to be excited about tonight waiting to hear the announcement!

Can't wait to hear who captain #4 is! I've got a sneaking suspicion, but I love that 99% of the time I'm always wrong on those suspicions.

buckjob said:
Looking forward to seeing who is picked for the last captains spot! This Morgan cup is gonna be awesome with 4 teams really looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
That is true. But it also depends on how pairings are made. Last year was random, the year before they were agreed upon. But we are getting way ahead of ourselves here

I'm just wondering when favorite sandbaggers are announced. I'll be first in line.

My guess is that the person already knows and is busting with pride. Can't wait to see who it is. And JB with the possible no singles announcement. I can't imagine that we would not have a Sunday singles match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back