2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to throw this out there. I know I am an idiot.

I am relativley new to THP and the Morgan cup, but all along I have though that each team was sponsored by one manufacturer. I just dug a little more to find out that each team has all manufacturers represented.

How in the world am I going to pick a side?
Team Dot Com is never a bad choice!

Team albatross has a club. Youre already a member and you got a sweet hat. May as well put your mouth where your money is!

:D

Well my original and uneducated support was with Team Albatross. This was only because I listed my Albatross Club purchase in the "What golf stuff did you buy today" and someone told me I needed to support Team Albatross. This may have been on my first day of finding THP on the internet.

Now I understand a little more about the MC and have interacted with a few of you guys. I now feel that I owe the MC and myself a good bit of research before casting my support.

Good luck to all teams and I will make my decision soon.

Ha

i love that Caledonia is ranked higher than True Blue and i thought True Blue was stunning and i hadn't had a chance to play Caledonia yet. i'm so stoked to get down there and start playing some golf on some AMAZING courses with some good friends.

i love that Caledonia is ranked higher than True Blue and i thought True Blue was stunning and i hadn't had a chance to play Caledonia yet. i'm so stoked to get down there and start playing some golf on some AMAZING courses with some good friends.

True Blue is phenomenal, but Caledonia has a little something extra. Picturesque is the word that comes to mind. It is hard to explain, but you will see it for yourself soon enough.

How exciting is this? Golfweeks listing of the best courses by state that anyone can play. South Carolina:

ery9y9y4.jpg

With all the courses in and around MB...it's pretty amazing that both course come in so high on the list...but how about Caledonia coming in at #3 right behind 2 courses that host tour events!!! Pretty dang amazing!

Just want to throw this out there. I know I am an idiot.

I am relativley new to THP and the Morgan cup, but all along I have though that each team was sponsored by one manufacturer. I just dug a little more to find out that each team has all manufacturers represented.

How in the world am I going to pick a side?

Pretty Easy...you go with the best team.....Team DotCom!!

Team Dot Com is never a bad choice!

Listen to this man...he knows what he is talking about.

Well my original and uneducated support was with Team Albatross. This was only because I listed my Albatross Club purchase in the "What golf stuff did you buy today" and someone told me I needed to support Team Albatross. This may have been on my first day of finding THP on the internet.

Now I understand a little more about the MC and have interacted with a few of you guys. I now feel that I owe the MC and myself a good bit of research before casting my support.

Ha

Don't let those Team Paradise guys try to fool you. Albatross is the place you want to be!

Don't let those Team Paradise guys try to fool you. Albatross is the place you want to be!
Pipe down beaver. Paradise rocks steady

I had a really great chat with Cobra yesterday and we have some exciting stuff for you guys for your apparel. That is all I am going to say at this time.

How cool is that!!!

I had a really great chat with Cobra yesterday and we have some exciting stuff for you guys for your apparel. That is all I am going to say at this time.

#getexcited
#gotime

Yeah, the people that ask a lot of questions

Still on the questions thing eh? I stopped posting them so that should of made you happy. Though I kinda thought we were asked to get the forum involved in the MC by discussing the products and what we were thinking as far as gear. But now that I think about it, I sure did ask alot of questions. Shame on me!!!

Still on the questions thing eh? I stopped posting them so that should of made you happy. Though I kinda thought we were asked to get the forum involved in the MC by discussing the products and what we were thinking as far as gear. But now that I think about it, I sure did ask alot of questions. Shame on me!!!

You're a good man WR, you can't learn nothing if you don't ask

You're a good man WR, you can't learn nothing if you don't ask
If the Morgan Cup has taught me anything it's certainly that, asking a question and making sure you're playing what you should be is always a good description.

Posted this in the Odyssey thread but wanted to post here as well. I'll be taking much better pic's tomorrow of both putter and driver

DSC_0988_zpse587764f.jpg

Posted this in the Odyssey thread but wanted to post here as well. I'll be taking much better pic's tomorrow of both putter and driver

DSC_0988_zpse587764f.jpg

That's darn sexy right there brother

DSC_0988_zpse587764f.jpg

Woah....there's like...6 balls there :D

Woah....there's like...6 balls there :D

6 balls and 10 years of sinking putts between them.

P.S these are the only 3 putters i have ever owned.

Ha

This part made me smile. Team Hackers is where it is at, root for the defending champs!

Just put in my order for J40 DPC irons! The J40 DPC thread has all of the specs.

I still need to put my order in

Cody, for one you can't go wrong with whatever team you choose. If I were in your shoes, I would go with Team Dot Com. Dean is my favorite person besides One-T and Tyno. Well after typing that out, I guess I would root for Team Hackers.

Bullfrog was made fun of for months due to some silly drunkenness at the Outing. He came back at the MC and won some crucial points for us on Sunday.

Tyno is awesome and that is all that needs to be said, however I can point out that technically he hit the greatest clutch pitch shot in the history of the MC and his point determined the winner of the entire Morgan Cup.

Bradd was a beast last year. Poked fun of by everyone leading up to the event and was told he had zero chance of winning points. He only went out there and helped keep Team Hackers in it on Saturday, but he shocked the world on Sunday with 2 points .

Cookie is one of the most helpful human beings on this forum. Took crap for a year about his swing. Went to the MC and performed!! Another 2 points on Sunday and the only reason he didn't get a point on Saturday was because he had me as his partner.

Yorkem kept us in the event with some great golf on Saturday. Clutch putts kept Team Hackers in the event. Plus he smashes keyboards

DHJKelly hits tree woods and even dragged my sorry ass to points on Saturday. Dude starved himself for 6 months in order to save money to get here from Ireland. Plus had a room full of men crying when he proposed to his girlfriend AT THE FRIKKEN MORGAN CUP!!

And last but not least, One-T is the bestest dude you can ever hope to meet. My first round ever played with a THP'er was with him and I ain't afraid to admit that I love that dude.

That right there is a motley crue of unlikely champions. And quite honestly, we won the night time festivities as well. But whomever you throw your support behind, Thank you dude.

DSC_0988_zpse587764f.jpg

2Ballyness out the windows!!!!!

Nice dude! That's a great lineup.

I still need to put my order in

Cody, for one you can't go wrong with whatever team you choose. If I were in your shoes, I would go with Team Dot Com. Dean is my favorite person besides One-T and Tyno. Well after typing that out, I guess I would root for Team Hackers.

Bullfrog was made fun of for months due to some silly drunkenness at the Outing. He came back at the MC and won some crucial points for us on Sunday.

Tyno is awesome and that is all that needs to be said, however I can point out that technically he hit the greatest clutch pitch shot in the history of the MC and his point determined the winner of the entire Morgan Cup.

Bradd was a beast last year. Poked fun of by everyone leading up to the event and was told he had zero chance of winning points. He only went out there and helped keep Team Hackers in it on Saturday, but he shocked the world on Sunday with 2 points .

Cookie is one of the most helpful human beings on this forum. Took crap for a year about his swing. Went to the MC and performed!! Another 2 points on Sunday and the only reason he didn't get a point on Saturday was because he had me as his partner.

Yorkem kept us in the event with some great golf on Saturday. Clutch putts kept Team Hackers in the event. Plus he smashes keyboards

DHJKelly hits tree woods and even dragged my sorry ass to points on Saturday. Dude starved himself for 6 months in order to save money to get here from Ireland. Plus had a room full of men crying when he proposed to his girlfriend AT THE FRIKKEN MORGAN CUP!!

And last but not least, One-T is the bestest dude you can ever hope to meet. My first round ever played with a THP'er was with him and I ain't afraid to admit that I love that dude.

That right there is a motley crue of unlikely champions. And quite honestly, we won the night time festivities as well. But whomever you throw your support behind, Thank you dude.

I don't see how anyone COULDNT root for Team Hackers after that summary. I think people are underestimating us again this year thinking we can't pull it off again, but they are in for a treat!

EDIT: And by the way Chunky...quit Chunkypondering

I don't see how anyone COULDNT root for Team Hackers after that summary. I think people are underestimating us again this year thinking we can't pull it off again, but they are in for a treat!
I sided with Team Hackers last year for many reasons, but mainly cause I saw the Eye of the Tiger in many of your eyes. Listening to what was posted, what was said; you guys were hungry and it showed. The fire was burning bright with your team and that's why it was easy to pick you guys. But I have to admit, this year is different with Team Hackers. You guys are enjoying the good life. Hoisting the trophy and are the toast of the town since that epic Sunday charge. I think the hunger burns brighter in many others now.............and they are coming for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back