2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, went back and checked one of my goals for 2013 and the Morgan Cup. I wanted to play over 40 rounds of golf before I left. As I stand now, I'm at 37 with a round to go this weekend. I also played a few scrambles that would put me over that 40 mark. Mission Accomplished. :D

Leaving for Myrtle Beach in 5 days. This weekend cannot come soon enough!

Well, went back and checked one of my goals for 2013 and the Morgan Cup. I wanted to play over 40 rounds of golf before I left. As I stand now, I'm at 37 with a round to go this weekend. I also played a few scrambles that would put me over that 40 mark. Mission Accomplished. :D
Nicely done, that's some awesome preparation!!!

This time next week I will be on a plane headed to MB!! Can't wait.

Had a couple of really good rounds this weekend...played a course I had never seen with punched greens and still managed an 86....then dropped an 81 at my home course yesterday.....I am ready as I am going to get.

Bridgestone goodies heading my way tomorrow...cant wait!

Now that's great news!!

I am so pumped to share this experience with you guys. We're close!!

Also, it's not really my place to say, but give your club companies a shoutout during this final week of preparations. Get those threads going with your thoughts on the clubs they have generously sent our way. I think it'll go a long way for this event and any sort of potential for another one.

With a wife and 3 kiddos I'm excited I made that goal!

I hear that for sure. Closing on the new house and moving this week before I leave for myrtle has put the kabash on last minute practice. But the rest will do my body good!

Siri speaks for me!

Swing still has some work leading into next week but I was really rolling the flatstick much better yesterday. My short game is also going to be just as wicked as last year so if I'm within 20 yards of the green you might as well just say "thats good Bradd, pick it up"

Gonna get 3 or 4 more range sessions and hopefully 3 more rounds in before I leave for MB a week from tomorrow. It's getting close that its final prep time. Gonna use my speed sleeve every night to help build up stamina and a little strength that will help for the 36 holes Saturday at the MC.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Swing still has some work leading into next week but I was really rolling the flatstick much better yesterday. My short game is also going to be just as wicked as last year so if I'm within 20 yards of the green you might as well just say "thats good Bradd, pick it up"

Yippee! We will be good to go B-radd!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Crunch time! Good luck in your final weeks of preparation folks.

Due to a minor set back I have not gotten in quite as many rounds in these last couple of weeks as I would of liked to but it might of been a blessing in disguies. It has allowed me to sit and get my mind in the right place for this instead of stressing over golf shots. I will get a couple of rounds and range sessions in this week and then I have 4 practice rounds next week scheduled with some great people. I am ready for this event to begin!!!

At this point, the swing you have is the swing you're bringing. Nothing else to do other than keeping it fresh in your mind. Short game and putting are the things to work on.

I'm excited we are so close and am taking the relaxation route unwillingly. We are down in LA for my step-dads retirement party. 5 days of no golf then back to the grind for a few days before heading to MB.

My game is in good shape and I think this was the perfect time for a break, even if I didn't want it. I played/practiced 9 of the 10 days prior to leaving for LA so my body was definitely ready for a break. Hopefully I can get some practice in when we get back so my game is sharp in MB.

At this point, the swing you have is the swing you're bringing. Nothing else to do other than keeping it fresh in your mind. Short game and putting are the things to work on.
That is sound veteran advice right there!!!

Hawk is wise.

This man knows his stuff. I remember talking to a few guys about there swing at the BBQ and everyone had the same opinion, It is what it is now.

No doubt. You can sharpen up that feel on the green though.

No doubt. You can sharpen up that feel on the green though.

Even on media day no point banging balls out there. It's better to pick markers and keep your wedge game sharp as well as spending time chipping and putting on the practice green.

Even on media day no point banging balls out there. It's better to pick markers and keep your wedge game sharp as well as spending time chipping and putting on the practice green.

That's my plan. Wedges and putting.

Love that driving range. All kinds of targets out there. Good practice bunker too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back