Tour Event 2020 Rocket Mortgage Classic

Pretty interesting leaderboard heading into the weekend. With no wind in the forecast again, expect a ton of birdies.

Crazy stat: If Webb wins, he moves to #2 in the world, and would be the top US Golfer.

That is nuts to think about

That is nuts to think about

My $ is still on Bryson to win. Think the course just sets up too well for him. He needs to get his irons dialed in a bit (which he probably did this afternoon), and its game over.

So much to catch up on today... Seemed like it played pretty hard for some. I wish there was a replay thread so it would feel like I was watching with buddies.

I missed the afternoon action. From the leaderboard it doesn’t look like the afternoon guys did much to separate from the field.

Holy Webb Simpson, he’s on one hell of a run.

I dont disagree, but I guess my question is really more in depth and more of a question.
Why when Bryson struggles with wedges is it because of the length of his and anybody else struggles with wedges it is because of their swing, mind, etc?

This is where I struggle so much with Ryan's piece. Here we have a guy that spent months working primarily on swinging faster and hitting it further. He comes out of the gates hot and is the most talked about on tour. All of the sudden after three top 10s, his wedges are the wrong length.

That is my thought on it, and maybe mine alone.
I don’t see why length on wedge would be an issue for him. If he dials in all his yardages with same length clubs length shouldn’t matter at all. I would lean towards all the added mass affecting feel.

Rickie back to old irons?

Dude is on the struggle bus.
Yep, saw him get on. I’m the driver of said bus this week.

Moving day. Who goes low today?

Moving day. Who goes low today?
I think Bryson and Webb establish control. And what a weird ass pairing that would be on Sunday.

Course should be nice and firm today could be interesting to see who plays well

Hoping the uncles are interested in watching this today! It’s going to be in the 90’s so I assume we’ll be inside except when the grill is going.

Course should be nice and firm today could be interesting to see who plays well
I think the rough is going to kick some asses.

That said, at least we don’t have the lame ass and boring finish we did yesterday with the weekend repairing. Thank goodness.

Harry Higgs is becoming my favorite golfer!

Course is definitely playing firmer and faster today, and a few tricky hole locations that I've seen already. Should be fun.

How far back is too far back? Based on the numbers over the last few days 6 or 7 under have the best shot to climb the leaderboard with good play. I think the 5under groups are just a bit too far back.

Finau drained a 20 footer on 18 to make the cut now is flying up the leaderboard. Definitely possible to make a charge

Holy cow! Can that putter Bradley is using get any longer?

Finau quietly climbing the leaderboard. He is up to -11. Looking at the scorecard the eagle at 7 helped make the turn in 32 and is -2 on the back through 5.

Course is going to get a bad wrap again for being too easy which is too bad because when you have 0 wind for any day, these guys are going to destroy most courses.

matsuyama and finau today...

Really happy to see Wesley Bryan back and playing well again.

Some pretty low scores this morning, but based on the last 3 tourneys, I don’t expect any of the last groups to go very low and create much separation. We’ll see.

I’m anxious to see the afternoon guys and see if someone can get hot.

Back