2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

see the bolded above. did you mean loft was annoying, or offset? i get that they're related, but i would agree that the offset in the honmas (and many of the clubs we're seeing these days) is a bit bothersome. ok, more than a bit...

i too prefer a much straighter look at address. unlike you, the t100s tech is built for me and my needs. gimme dat spin, but also gimme dat help. so i could be all about some t100s 1* weak, maybe get a little cray and blend in some t200 1* weak. not gonna happen anytime soon, though.
I mean the lofts. This 32, 34 business. It screws it all up for me. I'd prefer less offset than more, but less bounce than more, so all awesome irons just need to go ahead an be 33* and solve that issue right now! Somebody get on that. I'll likely go T100 because I fought some of the stuff in the 100S last time around. It's just hard to want to give up the ball speed once you've seen it. I prefer the 100 in most ways, but I want that feel with just a little more speed, without adding offset.

I mean the lofts. This 32, 34 business. It screws it all up for me. I'd prefer less offset than more, but less bounce than more, so all awesome irons just need to go ahead an be 33* and solve that issue right now! Somebody get on that. I'll likely go T100 because I fought some of the stuff in the 100S last time around. It's just hard to want to give up the ball speed once you've seen it. I prefer the 100 in most ways, but I want that feel with just a little more speed, without adding offset.

Hit the 100S today. Turned into an immediate ponder. Even with the stronger loft was getting a nice high ball flight and good peak height, and that's with heavier shafts than I would play. The feel is so good. They definitely require center(ish) strikes though. Not to be confused with a forgiving iron, but there is a touch of help there. I didn't expect to like them as much as I did. They slightly scare me if my ball striking regresses, but hey maybe its a reason to keep improving??

Not sure it will help anyone, but below are some numbers I had with the T100 7 iron, TP5X ball.

1FDB5546-36A4-4859-950F-3883DD07D2E9.jpeg

We have all had the loft jacking discussion. The clubs are those lofts for a reason based on design, I know many don't even know the loft of their 7 iron they only know how far it goes. Being a better player I assume you are more sensitive to that but if you know how far it goes what does the loft matter?

We have all had the loft jacking discussion. The clubs are those lofts for a reason based on design, I know many don't even know the loft of their 7 iron they only know how far it goes. Being a better player I assume you are more sensitive to that but if you know how far it goes what does the loft matter?
Oh I don't really care about any perceived loft jacking as long as the gapping works best. In fact, I think I'm technically saying I want me a little of that. :LOL:. It's just different with these because they look like the same club, where they usually don't. With Forged/Tour, 770/7MC, Pro/TCB, etc there are more more obvious differences other than loft so it's apparently a lot easier for me take a pass on the stronger one.

If I were pondering.........I am not loving the shaft selection. Don't have either of my go-to's....

Went to a Titleist fitting this aft. Got there early to really get warmed up to find a good swing. I have the current Model T200’s and was focused on the same model. I asked for the KBS Tour 90 shaft as I had just purchased a set for my irons which are not installed yet.

I hit my gamer iron 4 or 5 times to get some baseline numbers. He handed me the new T200 and I hit it the same amount of times. I had one bad swing out of the 5 times I hit it. I gained 8 mph of ball speed with the new irons! Nice high ball flight with more club head speed and distance. The feel off of the face is much better with the new version. Carry distance with the 7 iron was in the 165-167 range with a total up to about 175.

I tried the T100s and that club is just out of my skill level lol. Great looking irons but I’ll take the forgiveness.

I didn’t hesitate and ordered the 5-GW with the KBS shafts. There was no up charge for those shafts so I now don’t have to deal with switching shafts around. Going with the GP micro suede grips for the whole bag.

Since I didn’t have a GW now I added on 3 SM8 wedges to gap out the rest of the bag. 52F a 56M and my favorite club a 60D.

Now the wait begins :LOL:

Went to a Titleist fitting this aft. Got there early to really get warmed up to find a good swing. I have the current Model T200’s and was focused on the same model. I asked for the KBS Tour 90 shaft as I had just purchased a set for my irons which are not installed yet.

I hit my gamer iron 4 or 5 times to get some baseline numbers. He handed me the new T200 and I hit it the same amount of times. I had one bad swing out of the 5 times I hit it. I gained 8 mph of ball speed with the new irons! Nice high ball flight with more club head speed and distance. The feel off of the face is much better with the new version. Carry distance with the 7 iron was in the 165-167 range with a total up to about 175.

I tried the T100s and that club is just out of my skill level lol. Great looking irons but I’ll take the forgiveness.

I didn’t hesitate and ordered the 5-GW with the KBS shafts. There was no up charge for those shafts so I now don’t have to deal with switching shafts around. Going with the GP micro suede grips for the whole bag.

Since I didn’t have a GW now I added on 3 SM8 wedges to gap out the rest of the bag. 52F a 56M and my favorite club a 60D.

Now the wait begins :LOL:
Nice! Sounds like you were smoking them! Congrats on the order.

I'm just curious, have you played the micro suedes before?

Should have some T100S in hand in the next week or so, should make for some fun conversation in here. (y)

Nice! Sounds like you were smoking them! Congrats on the order.

I'm just curious, have you played the micro suedes before?

I just started with a few to try them. I have one on my driver and hybrid. Was using the MCC. Will see how they hold up in the summer heat with super sweaty gloves etc. I do like the grip they provide.

I just started with a few to try them. I have one on my driver and hybrid. Was using the MCC. Will see how they hold up in the summer heat with super sweaty gloves etc. I do like the grip they provide.
Okay, cool. I'm glad you've had your hands on them. They can seem noticeably smaller on some setups. I really like them, but usually have to build up a little to get the same size and feel.

If I were pondering.........I am not loving the shaft selection. Don't have either of my go-to's....

Same situation. I'm willing to try other graphite shafts, but not seeing what i"m comfortable with.

jeez that is some low spin for a 7i with as much speed as you have

Part of it couuuuuuld be hitting off of mats. But yes, I struggle to produce spin for whatever reason.

Part of it couuuuuuld be hitting off of mats. But yes, I struggle to produce spin for whatever reason.

is sub 5k typical for your 7i outdoors?

TBH, I have no idea. I have not been on a LM outdoors, off of grass.

I guess I can simply say that my ball flights seem good (not low). I only start having issues in the 4 iron typically.

Today will be a good numbers test of differences between the 100/100S and my TCB setup when I definitely don't feel great. Which has a lot of value for me. What fine lines get crossed on flight and spin when I don't have my best stuff and am compensating probably matters more to me than any best case/ideal numbers ever could. It's making me just excited enough to go hit them all in a bit. That and fistfuls of nsaids. Lol

What typically your spin spread indoor to out? Depends on a mats and clubs but if I'm near my indoor goal number of 5800-6000, I'm usually somewhere in the 64-6600 range outdoor.

What typically your spin spread indoor to out? Depends on a mats and clubs but if I'm near my indoor goal number of 5800-6000, I'm usually somewhere in the 64-6600 range outdoor.

pretty big drop off for me. like 4k 7i indoors off mats vs 6-ish outdoors.

pretty big drop off for me. like 4k 7i indoors off mats vs 6-ish outdoors.

I hope I'm in that kinda similar category. Makes me think that a fitting outdoors on grass may be in order.....

So much information. Superb review, James, one of your very best. As a former TItleist-ho, I loved it.

No matter how much I like the looks of them, I know I'm not a T100 or 100s player. I love the looks of the T200 but it may be too much for me too. I'd love to see it compared to the Forged Tec. They aren't the same club but that is what my comparison would be.

I have zero doubt the T300 will perform. But, it would take me a little while to get used to it.

So much information. Superb review, James, one of your very best. As a former TItleist-ho, I loved it.

No matter how much I like the looks of them, I know I'm not a T100 or 100s player. I love the looks of the T200 but it may be too much for me too. I'd love to see it compared to the Forged Tec. They aren't the same club but that is what my comparison would be.

I have zero doubt the T300 will perform. But, it would take me a little while to get used to it.

Slightly smaller than the Forged Tec. I'd say similar in characteristics.

20210802_132801.jpg20210802_132819.jpg

Going to hit a couple more, but thinking of you @DNice26 and @McLovin and getting an interesting pattern with TCB/t100/TP5x/CSX right now.

Back