After The Morgan Cup Golf

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
Heading out shortly. I hope it cures my The Morgan Cup hangover. It's 74* with 50% humidity.

Kevin

Hit em well Esox!:golf2:

Hit them well Kevin, I played yesterday for the first time since the MC and it felt good to be back out there.

Good luck today Kevin. I can't wait to get back on the course and hit the R11 irons again. I have just been staring at them since I got back from FL.

Heading out shortly. I hope it cures my The Morgan Cup hangover. It's 74* with 50% humidity.

Kevin

Is this your first round since the MC?

That is a mighty fine hangover to be getting over my friend.

I haven't touched a club since either. I'm in a weird state of depression since the MC has been over. I miss my buddies and the clothes and cg13's cooking and beers in the pool.

I haven't touched a club since either. I'm in a weird state of depression since the MC has been over. I miss my buddies and the clothes and cg13's cooking and beers in the pool.

Same here. We should probably plan a 1 month reunion instead of 5 years.

Is this your first round since the MC?

It is. Work all the time since I got back. Spending the afternoon on the range and course with my daughter. I might unleash my The Morgan Cup wedge game on her and make her cry.

Kevin

I'm taking my staff bag to show off a little bit at the club.

Kevin

It is. Work all the time since I got back. Spending the afternoon on the range and course with my daughter. I might unleash my The Morgan Cup wedge game on her and make her cry.

Kevin

It made me cry Saturday morning.

It made me cry Saturday morning.

LOL!!

Esox forever placed doubt in DD's wedge game... The knockdown wedge will forever haunt him

Forget about it DD!

Full wedges are where it's at!

So I played from the back tees today and shot 79, my daughter had 82 from the ladies tees with four doubles. She was so ticked off about the doubles, she wanted to play another 9 holes. Then she wanted a piece of the old man in match play. I offered her the three strokes she'd get in a typical 'capped match, but she didn't want them. In true The Morgan Cup singles match style we traded holes back and forth and were all square after 6. She won the 7th hole to go 1 up.

I stuck a 9i to eight feet on the 8th, and a knockdown PW to three feet on the 9th to birdie the last two holes to beat her 1 up. I'm a mean dad.

All I could think of was holy crap, she's going to kick my butt in the near future on a regular basis.

Kevin

In a few years, Junior Lancer will be able to play in the Morgan Cup from the tees everyone else plays. And win.

Nice round today Kevin. Sounds like you and your daughter had a fun little match going.

John Deere Tappin...

In a few years, Junior Lancer will be able to play in the Morgan Cup from the tees everyone else plays. And win.

After struggling all Summer with her driver, really struggling, today she hit four longer than 215 yards and most between 190 and 210. One three putt, one bad bunker shot, and two bad chips cost her a 78. She just can't quite break 80 and it's driving her nuts. She had eleven pars during the 82.

Kevin

As part of my cure The Morgan Cup hangover program, I'm playing Brown Deer Park Golf Course tomorrow with my wife and daughter. Brown Deer Park is a Milwaukee County owned course that hosted the Greater Milwaukee Open/U.S. Bank Classic for many years. I don't know why, but I've never played it. My daughter has a nine hole conference match there Tuesday so we're going to play an 18 hole practice round. This place has fairways lined with giant oak trees, long rough, and smooth like glass greens rolling at 11-12 according to the assistant pro at my course who played it last week.

Best part? Cart fees only as we have free golf vouchers from a Spring promotion.

Kevin

Very nice Kevin. I am a little jealous of how good your daughter is, though!

As part of my cure The Morgan Cup hangover program, I'm playing Brown Deer Park Golf Course tomorrow with my wife and daughter. Brown Deer Park is a Milwaukee County owned course that hosted the Greater Milwaukee Open/U.S. Bank Classic for many years. I don't know why, but I've never played it. My daughter has a nine hole conference match there Tuesday so we're going to play an 18 hole practice round. This place has fairways lined with giant oak trees, long rough, and smooth like glass greens rolling at 11-12 according to the assistant pro at my course who played it last week.

Best part? Cart fees only as we have free golf vouchers from a Spring promotion.

Kevin

That sounds awesome! I went to Golfsmith yesterday and took the G20 hybrid for a spin in the hitting bays. I was next to a young girl all of maybe 15. The sound she was making with the driver was unreal. She was crushing the ball:female-fighter:

Played my first round since the Morgan cup-

Man i put the attas shaft in the r11 and was absolutely killing it. I forgot how awesome that shaft is.

Had a few lovely moments with the r11 irons too, one was a par 5 - I murdered the tee shot, it was windy and the tailwind just carried it.

Left me 190-200-215 to the uphill green- I hit a 5 iron that felt absolutely pured.... It gpsd to 205!!

Lined up the eagle but it lipped out :( one of these days I'll get an eagle!

Had another 8 iron that gpsd to tieback of a green at 159. These babies are loooong

Sounds like you're still hitting it well CG, keep it up buddy.

I had my first post MC round on Saturday, it was a 4 man scramble. My team won 1st place. I am loving that Razr Hawk driver, it just feels so solid and goes pretty dang long too. I've focused a lot on getting my weight transferred, it was painfully obvious looking at the videos that I was not doing that. I like the progress, a few balls went left on me, which is a Jake Straight phenomenon really...that was strange but I like the progress so far.

Back to the weekly Men's Club play this week.

Sounds like you're still hitting it well CG, keep it up buddy.

I had my first post MC round on Saturday, it was a 4 man scramble. My team won 1st place. I am loving that Razr Hawk driver, it just feels so solid and goes pretty dang long too. I've focused a lot on getting my weight transferred, it was painfully obvious looking at the videos that I was not doing that. I like the progress, a few balls went left on me, which is a Jake Straight phenomenon really...that was strange but I like the progress so far.

Back to the weekly Men's Club play this week.

Well had some good shots but I didn't play real well scored 94; too many penalties

I was in that spot too dude. I went to the range for a quickie friday night and did horrible haha. But my irons were good.

I played yesterday with Redlyne, Beanie and Concept. It was fun man. My front 9 score was a 52... hahahaha. 2 quads, a triple, a double a two , a couple pars and some bogeys. Then I came home in 40. It was just cool to get out. But yeah I was in a funk and still kinda am. Miss the stories and hanging out.

I haven't swung a club yet, but will this week between my various FF Drafts. I have the same hangover though...not going to be as much fun without playing alongside MCers.

Back