AT&T Pebble Beach [Spoilers]

I understand that, but these celebs say they're 4 or 5 handicaps and look like 20-25's. If I was going to play in one of these events as a celeb I'd add 10 strokes to my handicap. I watched Kevin Dillion play Marky Mark on Trump's show and he didn't look like a 7.4 at all.

Ironically I have played in a charity event with him and he shot 76. Not too shabby.

Sometimes things dont always appear the way they are. I saw a ton of golfers at the THP Outing that I know are very capable and get crushed by the Bear Trap or somewhere else on that course. It happens to all of us and when cameras are on, galleries are around, different things happen to people.

I think if they were not pros and someone saw Furyk or Gainey play somewhere and struggle they would say the same thing.

Ironically I have played in a charity event with him and he shot 76. Not too shabby.

Sometimes things dont always appear the way they are. I saw a ton of golfers at the THP Outing that I know are very capable and get crushed by the Bear Trap or somewhere else on that course. It happens to all of us and when cameras are on, galleries are around, different things happen to people.

I think if they were not pros and someone saw Furyk or Gainey play somewhere and struggle they would say the same thing.

I couldnt agree more. It sure is easy to sit behind a cpu screen and talk about your game but its another to perform well

And duey is in first place!

Wow, I had to run over there and check, lol. Cool! I'm likely last in the DJ contest, completely different team.

I wouldn't call myself a capable golfer, but it sure crushed me.

Wow. I was wrong. That's crazy to me, but golf is such a mental game. I guess it's hard to judge their game unless you play with them in person. Maybe I should start paying some buddies to come out and look like a TV camera crew at big skins games to get people nervous.

I couldnt agree more. It sure is easy to sit behind a cpu screen and talk about your game but its another to perform well

Don't you have to perform well to get down to a low handicap?

of course! But thats pretty easy to do on your home course every round with your buddies

One would think and certainly it is true, but take my index for example. It says I am a 5.3. Been as low as a 1 and as high as a 9 over the course of the last 3 years. Yet I think I am the same player. Part of it is where you play, part of it is how often you play, etc...For example, lets say I am a member at a really hard course and play it 4 days a week. I might get decent at that course and no all the lays of the land. Take me away from that course and I might struggle, but it would be kicked out of my index anyway.

of course! But thats pretty easy to do on your home course every round with your buddies

That's more of what I was questioning. The rounds with buddies. I know a bunch of people I've played with and they re-tee balls they hit OOB and play it as one, give each other three footers, pick up after missing par or bogey putts. It just puzzles me why you would want a lower handicap than what you actually are.

That's more of what I was questioning. The rounds with buddies. I know a bunch of people I've played with and they re-tee balls they hit OOB and play it as one, give each other three footers, pick up after missing par or bogey putts. It just puzzles me why you would want a lower handicap than what you actually are.

I dont doubt he counts all of his strokes, I was just saying what JB said in a much better way

Gah, my players not doing too well.Hopefully they will get going,need to move up in the rankings.

TEAM TC in the top spot boys and girls.

I took a magical leap to 4th. Not where I wannabe. it bit me in the arse last week.

Way to go TC! I'm holding tough in 61st.

I've been bouncing all over the place. From 20s to 70s to 30s to 80s to 90s to 50s to 30s to 20s and currently in 8th. Wow.

I'm late to the party...Tim Clark will not be picked anymore. Those must have been some bad blisters to make him want to try and drag him self around with his elbows.

TC you knocked me out of my first place stop, lol. I really fell, 24th now

I just checked the Fantasy standing for the 1st time today, 76th right now with Tim Clark not playing, I also made the brilliant change of Marino for Snedeker just before posting my entry. Gonna be a looooooong week end.

GG and her last place team just moved into the top 10!

Chris Berman's swing = not made for TV

I'd venture to say it could be the ugliest swing this side of Barkley. And GC keeps subjecting us to it over and over again.

I'd venture to say it could be the ugliest swing this side of Barkley. And GC keeps subjecting us to it over and over again.

The Haney Project 4!

Spoiler
I won't be watching that one, either!

Why is nobody defending Chris Berman for being under pressure playing on TV with everyone watching?

Why is nobody defending Chris Berman for being under pressure playing on TV with everyone watching?

Do you think his swing is any less hideous when he's not on tv? I mean the guy looks like he's having fun, and he's certainly playing to the crowd and entertaining him, but his swing makes Barkley's look good.

My sleeper pick Joseph Bramlett is making a move! Too bad he isnt wearing a nascar Callaway hat or he would take em on the inside...wooo

Back