Becoming a scratch or better player.

I just realized that my golf season is nearing a close, and I didn't even bother to take a single lesson this year.

feeling like things were really coming together and then I kind of bottomed out at a 1.5, only to start back the other way again. I think if next year wants me finding a lower number, I need to commit to an instructor for at least a lesson a month. Your efforts to take lessons and work towards a greater goal are definitely inspiring CBBK.

I just realized that my golf season is nearing a close, and I didn't even bother to take a single lesson this year.

feeling like things were really coming together and then I kind of bottomed out at a 1.5, only to start back the other way again. I think if next year wants me finding a lower number, I need to commit to an instructor for at least a lesson a month. Your efforts to take lessons and work towards a greater goal are definitely inspiring CBBK.
Thanks buddy, your swing is really really nice. I aspire to that.

One big thing that I'm working hard on is eliminating one side of the golf course. I want to take right out of play completely thats a stupid side of the golf course and I never want to be over there.

Thanks buddy, your swing is really really nice. I aspire to that.

One big thing that I'm working hard on is eliminating one side of the golf course. I want to take right out of play completely thats a stupid side of the golf course and I never want to be over there.

Is that a pull or a hook for you to the right? I've been dealing with some similar issues. I fear that having a driver that is open and fade bias, and pretty much all other clubs neutral or closed, has caused me to pick up some bad habits this year. It also doesn't help that when my driver has a nice baby draw, everything else is a battle to not hook.

And thanks re: the swing. It means a lot!

Is that a pull or a hook for you to the right? I've been dealing with some similar issues. I fear that having a driver that is open and fade bias, and pretty much all other clubs neutral or closed, has caused me to pick up some bad habits this year. It also doesn't help that when my driver has a nice baby draw, everything else is a battle to not hook.

And thanks re: the swing. It means a lot!

For me that's a hook. I don't generally pull the ball and recently I've been batteling the hooks big time. I don't even like drawing the ball. I like playing a fade and I want it back.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I made it down to 2.8 but I have started to go backwards myself.

I think you could me much lower if you had the time. I lurve your golf swing and you hit the ball a ton.

It's really given me a good appreciation of what it takes for everything to be working right..

Some putts falling and two moron swings a round have been the difference between even and +5 for me. Gotta find a few more strokes to cut.

Well, even though I didn't feel like it, I dragged my butt off of the chesterfield and went to the course. I had made a 12:45 tee time, but instead I just decided to spend my time on the range hitting some balls and grooving these swing changes.

Its amazing, the only thing thats really changed is a grip change and a set up change, everything else is to remain the same but boy does it feel weird. Anyway, I started with a ton of stretching as my setup has been poor because it was just really uncomfortable for me to get in what would be considered a good set up position. After that, I began hitting balls with a good degree of success. A little shorter that I would normally be hitting them, but a nice ball flight and the contact was really good.

Because I was playing with a closed clubface before, I was having to hold the clubface off a little at impact and I was told that once I get used to playing with a square face and can release properly into the ball, that I will see some distance gains and by the end of the range session this was definatly the case and I could really see where my swing was going.

The best thing about today though, was not a single ball went right, NOT ONE! This just made my day, I was seeing balls with a slight fade all day, or a straight ball which is exactly what I want to see and it was great to have the fade back, and a consistent miss. I would pick my target, then pick a target a little to the right of that, and just watch the ball fade in, ahh the bliss.

I won't be playing again until wednesday during men's night but I will be going to the range monday and tuesday, and I will be stretching multiple times per day to try and make the setup a lot more comfortable.

Sic em Cool! I am pulling for ya to make your goal :clapp:

Well another great range session today and I'm already starting to see great progress. I have to really concentrate over every ball or it will not go well by when I take my time and set up properly I'm seeing great results.

Again today I didn't have a single ball go right and was just hitting high fade after high fade. BLISS.

I had enough confidence in the way I was swinging that I brought out the driver and it went really really well. I picked two targets to make a fairway and then I aimed at the right hand target and then let the ball fade into the fairway. Never once was I right of my target and my miss was a push fade but because I had aimed at the right hand side of the fairway the ball would have still been in play.

I have one more range session planned for tomorrow and then I will be playing my first round with these changes on Wednesday.

I think you could me much lower if you had the time. I lurve your golf swing and you hit the ball a ton.

Thank you bro. I believe I could again as well I just don't have the determination to do it. I like to get out twice a week and play. I just don't have the drive to take lessons and spend many a day at the range. I admire your determination though.

Thank you bro. I believe I could again as well I just don't have the determination to do it. I like to get out twice a week and play. I just don't have the drive to take lessons and spend many a day at the range. I admire your determination though.

Thanks man, you've been there though and now like where you are with your game. I want to get to that point and then stay there for a while.

I can't wait til I'm out west and CB comes and visits me. We shall play some sick golf!

That will be awesome, when are you planning on being out here?

Thanks for sharing your updates over the past few months. Posting so I get email updates and to encourage you in your endeavors! Look forward to see how your swing changes work on Wed.

Thanks for sharing your updates over the past few months. Posting so I get email updates and to encourage you in your endeavors! Look forward to see how your swing changes work on Wed.

Thanks man. That's very kind of you, and it means a lot that people care about this at all.

Thainer we will have to get together when you are near here.

Wow!! A lofty goal. It took me a year to break 100 as a kid of 13 and 3 years to be a 4 handicap. And then it took me 1 year to be a scratch amateur. Then it took me 2 years to do in amateur competition and win my first stroke play tournament. Then it took me 5 years to win my first LPGA tour win...
Golf is a journey. Love the journey and who gives a rip about the time. You will get there cos you have desire. The toughest part of getting the prize is to remember you GOT DESIRE!!! YOU WIN!!!!
Look forward to listening to your journey.
Peace
Pen

CB I'm jealous of all the time you've been getting on the range lately. I wish I could engrain my swing like you are currently, if you see John once a month and keep up your practicing habits I can see you meeting your goal fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!! A lofty goal. It took me a year to break 100 as a kid of 13 and 3 years to be a 4 handicap. And then it took me 1 year to be a scratch amateur. Then it took me 2 years to do in amateur competition and win my first stroke play tournament. Then it took me 5 years to win my first LPGA tour win...
Golf is a journey. Love the journey and who gives a rip about the time. You will get there cos you have desire. The toughest part of getting the prize is to remember you GOT DESIRE!!! YOU WIN!!!!
Peace
Pen
Thanks Penny, while I won't be winning LPGA events any time soon, I have the desire to be good at this game.
CB I'm jealous of all the time you've been getting on the range lately. I wish I could engrain my swing like you are currently, if you see John once a month and keep up your practicing habits I can see you meeting your goal fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy, I'm trying too spend 10 hours a week on the range right now, with most of those hours spent on my full swing. Once I feel I have this new grip and posture down then I will see him again and go from there.

Peace
Pen

Awesome post Penny! That's what I call quality motivation right there!

good to catch up breezy sounds like you're heading in the right direction. i know for me this week has shown me just how much you can't afford to take much time off. i mentally couldn't handle golfing for 2 weeks and man it showed. i SUCKED for my standards when i got back but a lesson in the middle of last week and 2 rounds and 3 VERY LONG practice sessions i feel like i'm heading back in the right direction again. and although my handicap went back up due to the 2 "bad" rounds today i had a stretch i was proud of and if i had time to warm up before my round i def would have shot VERY well. i am glad i have golftec over the winter cause i need to get this swing ironed out and i know i won't be spending a month or two during the season getting in golf shape and knocking the rust off. i was just blown away at how much i took steps backwards in such a short time. and thinking about it on my drive home today from my round i remember when i shot my career low round i had played 4 rounds in the 4 days before then. Glad i am putting the time in i need to try to succeed and it looks like you are too. also nice to have someone else motivating me to keep on it! hope we reach our goals at the same time!

Reading through this and seeing where my game has come in the past month. I think I might have to join in on this challenge. I have been working hard in this past year to get to single digit and since I broke 80 less than a month ago, I have now dropped from a 9.5 to a 7.1 handicap. I think it is going to start to get very hard soon to get it drop more. I can't give strokes away during a round and have to play smarter. I just need to avoid misses that will cause strokes. I have been working on my putting a lot and it has paid off. My last three rounds were 34, 25, 31. I am at the point now that I can't wait to get back out there and go after the course again.

I think I could join this challenge too. Though I don't have as much time for golf being in college and whatnot. I still have some, and I think it would be awesome if I could get to scratch by the time I graduate. I have plenty of time.

Back