Best Burger Place in Your Home Town?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We travel a lot for THP Events, and always like to hit up the local places. We were talking yesterday about best burger places in this area, and it got me wondering about other areas. What is the best burger joint in your town?

A place called Blueprint. It's locally owned by a guy who went to my high school and they use local meats and vegetables. He hires local college kids too. Really good guy. He just opened a sister restaurant as well. Same type of place, slightly different menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-spot ftw

Boogies Burgers on Edmonton Trail It sounds and looks like a tiny shack and it is but the burgers are fantastic.

For us it would be a place called The Avenue Eat/Drink in St. Pete. I had a burger topped with blueberry jam, bacon and melted brie....best burger ever! Plus you can get tots, fries or onion rings!

• Admin
B-spot ftw

Really good place by Michael Symon.

For us it would be a place called The Avenue Eat/Drink in St. Pete. I had a burger topped with blueberry jam, bacon and melted brie....best burger ever! Plus you can get tots, fries or onion rings!

Is that the best? Its really good. Craft Street has great burgers and so does Burger Monger.

Really good place by Michael Symon.

Is that the best? Its really good. Craft Street has great burgers and so does Burger Monger.

Yes, it's the best burger I have ever had. Craft street is good, and Burger Monger to me is like a 5 guys, but Avenue gave me blueberry jam and brie.

Henderson's. A locally owned and operated place that has fantastic burgers and fried chicken.

Haven't found a great "local" burger place yet in the Pensacola area. But, Tin Cow, although a chain, is pretty good.

I'll have to try it.

Square One in Tampa is very good as is BrewBurgers in Venice.

Not a big fan of BrewBurger but I think it's the bund I'm not a fan of.

In orlando I'd have to say The Fillin station has the best burgers that isn't a chain.

Slim's Bar & Grill. Options are very limited up here.

Grover's on Transit in East Amherst, nothing close IMO. LB44 might second this.

Yes, it's the best burger I have ever had. Craft street is good, and Burger Monger to me is like a 5 guys, but Avenue gave me blueberry jam and brie.

Blueberry jam and brie sounds interesting.

In orlando I'd have to say The Fillin station has the best burgers that isn't a chain.

Never been. I do enjoy a good burger but I don't order them often. Tap Room at Dubsdread does a good burger. Nothing else comes to mind honestly.

Small place called Boots Burgers in Rockwall where I grew up.

Never been. I do enjoy a good burger but I don't order them often. Tap Room at Dubsdread does a good burger. Nothing else comes to mind honestly.

Good call, they are outstanding at Tap Room. Completely forgot about that spot!

My favorite local burger is at a local pub called Samz Pub, runner up is the Feenie burger at Cactus Club.

There are many bigger burgers out there but for quality and taste the above are my favorite.

Best local burger is at a beer shack by the river called AJs. All they serve is burgers and they are amazing.
Haven't found a great "local" burger place yet in the Pensacola area. But, Tin Cow, although a chain, is pretty good.
I've heard great things about Blue Dot in Pensacola, still haven't been.

Sear Shack is #1 for mr around here and 5 Guys would be a close second.

Sear Shack makes their own buns every morning and they also have homemade dill pickle chips that are just so darn good.

JM

One of the things that sucks living in the middle of nowhere.........there isn't any good place!

Jones Lunch in downtown Clayton. Old school Americana, spartan menu, cafeteria type seating complete with red & white checkered tablecloths, but oh soooo good burgers.

My wife would say Five Guys, but I consider Red Robin the best.

I hope for the participants sake you don't have a THP event in my hometown (not Oakland) but if you do, I would go with the a burger from Big Jim's drive in:

Gorge Burger
1/2 lb. beef patty, 2-ham, swiss,natural cheddar, dressing, lettuce and tomato on a 6” bun

You could go with the T-Rex which is double everything above (except for the bun) but that is a bit much (both to eat and price wise).

Found a spot in the new city that's pretty solid. Burger had cheese, ham, bacon, and a fried egg. So good.

Back