Bridgestone J15 Forged Wedges Preview

I find I like the chrome better when new, but a nicely worn black wedge has a certain charm to it. The black will rust over time correct?

I'm a fan of satin finish, but if I can somehow get the "Matt Kuchar" finish on all the irons and wedges I'll take that :)
That raw finish wasn't available in the j40 line, not sure it'll be with the J15

I love the look of the black oxide. I'll have to double check tomorrow morning, but I am fairly certain there was very limited wear on any of them after a full session.

Adam had mentioned to me that the finish was holding up well. Would love to hear back today too. They sure do look good.

JM

There is something about a wear mark in the center of a black ox wedge....it just screams confidence!

I love the simplicity of these. Something I like in wedges and irons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is something about a wear mark in the center of a black ox wedge....it just screams confidence!
Yes to this. I saw Spicoli's Black J40 start to develop one in MB. It was about the size of a dime too! :act-up: I fear mine might look like a couple of poker chips.... :alien:

JM

I couldn't agree more, love that look. Also love the rusted out look they get.

Rust on wedges is a win IMO

These wedges are AWESOME. I can open them however much I want. I can flop, pitch, punch -- There really doesn't seem to be a shot I can't get comfortable with based on the cut. Had a blast with a few guys around the practice green. We had to alter the designs of our 'mini-game' because we kept holing out.

PLus, the finish is fantastic. I'm all for the black oxide.
Love to read the former, and curious about the latter. Updates after today's rounds? I'm pretty sure I'll be sporting one of these at some point.

That raw finish wasn't available in the j40 line, not sure it'll be with the J15
Yeah. It would be sending off to 3rd party to get it done

Yeah. It would be sending off to 3rd party to get it done

I think I have my plan for that haha. I am going to play them normal all year then send them off next winter (wedges and CB) and get them done. That way I wont change irons for a full 2 years no more club hoing ;)

My chrome J40s have rust all over them, but they've been through the meat grinder a few times. I'm thinking I might just go black oxide this time around.

Here's a wedge that saw quite a bit of play.

2c6ee574739b447d9b9839c478a13e8b.jpg

8a8dc950ba6b3e07e1ff450a6568dc57.jpg

bd2c415062fcbb45516301ea4a7b447f.jpg

Ok now those in hands look way better. Yesterday's made them look way darker

Here's a wedge that saw quite a bit of play.

How was its performance in relation to your greg ulnar gamers? Did you find that the spinners worked better in the J15 over their pairing with the J40s?

Ok now those in hands look way better. Yesterday's made them look way darker

Similar to what others call slate of I'm seeing it correctly

How was its performance in relation to your greg ulnar gamers? Did you find that the spinners worked better in the J15 over their pairing with the J40s?
I didn't take many full swings with them guys, sorry. Loved them around the green though.

I didn't take many full swings with them guys, sorry. Loved them around the green though.

That's cool, curious is all. It's just a matter of time till they are bagged.

Probably will be a little down the road since I just got new wedges, but the black ox are definitely in my future!

I played the heck out of the 60/6 this weekend between the range saturday, the round Saturday and today it's saw a ton of use.

I missed plenty of greens so had plenty of shots of varying types from short sided, flops, chips and pitches to partial swings.

I had zero problems opening the club up and still getting under the ball, closing it down to get the lower flight pitch or tossing the ball up and letting the slope take it toward the hole.

My only struggle was on half to "full" swing I came up short every single time, the shaft stemmed to just launch the ball high killing distance.

After the weekend

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422228118.596986.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422228137.127514.jpg

OK, I need to just go satin and stop debating it.

I love the satin, looks SO sick. And will look better with some volt paintfill. :alien:

OK, I need to just go satin and stop debating it.

I love the satin, looks SO sick. And will look better with some volt paintfill. :alien:

Hahaha but dude that colt will pop like mad against that OX finish :)

Back