Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Double Black Diamond Driver Preview

Gorgeous. And holy shaft options!

This one looks and sounds crazy cool... Would love to watch a pro hit it hahaha... Do love the no upcharge on shafts similar to the other offering...

Yep, this one would be out of my league. Hahaha

I would want to watch MikeDean hit one of these just for funsies

Looks sweet, but the 815 is definitely more my speed. And I said it in the other thread, but holy shaft options (well actually drp did, but same difference :alien:)!

Sexy. I love the name it signifies "experts only" to me similiar to a black diamond ski run. Well done callaway. Though it wouldn't be for me since I have no clue what the center of the face is I'd still like to hit one.

Hmmm. I could get down with this. Yes sir I can.

I am loving the looks of this one. Look forward to more info.

Interesting, the shaft I was fit into is no additional charge which I'm paying for through PING. Love the look of it, might have to give it a swing

This thing is refreshing. Both from a marketing standpoint and an options standpoint.

I like the look of this, but I know it is not for me....it wouldn't stop me hitting one just for fun though, and knowing my luck I would hit the one perfect drive of my life :D

This driver is certainly not meant for me but in a year or two when they hit the used club rack for sub $150 pricing, I will buy. Even if I can't hit it, it may be worth the purchase off the used rack for the shafts alone.
I love the way it looks too!!!

Wow,it is gorgeous for sure. Thinking this one is not for me,but would be fun to try out.

I can't stop coming back and looking at this driver. I LOVE the shape of Alpha DBD!!! I'd like to see how this feels compared to the 815 and what my numbers are with both, but this may sneak into my bag if the numbers are right....maybe. If it's not that much of a difference though, then I'd rather be in the fairway.

This looks sick! Saw this last week, glad it's being released. Very Noice

No idea if it's for me but I'm going to try it out at some point. The available shafts are a great touch.

I'm thinking that with their presence in the world of long drive with Sadlowski, Miller and others, some of that R&D is making it's way into the release cycles now.

DEFINITELY out of my realm of expertise but it is a beautiful looking club. I'm sure there will be a few on here that purchase it when available. Look forward to hearing more about it.

This thing just looks dangerous. I probably fit into the regular 815 a lot better, but hey, I wouldn't mind giving this a spin. I loved my Classic (I'd say that was an ultra low spin driver) but I have a feeling the DBD won't have the forgiveness that the Classic had.

I have no business hitting this thing but I'm going to anyway.

Interesting, the shaft I was fit into is no additional charge which I'm paying for through PING. Love the look of it, might have to give it a swing

I had that same thought about you when I saw that.

Slick looking....probably out of my class but I will want to hit this bad boy.

Well if anyone buys this driver and trades it in a few weeks later saying it was not forgiving enough, then they should be sent to a 1st grade reading class.

Although this sounds leathal in the right hands. .....calling ForTheLoveOfGolf !!

Watching him hit drives on Sunday was awe inspiring, he would melt golf balls with this beast

I think this driver is going to show a lot of people that they don't hit the centre as often as they think they do.

I completely agree with everyone loving the way they are marketing this - it's a breath of fresh air to hear a company say "look, this is an awesome driver, but if you're not a great player, it's probably not for you."

Personally, I'm probably not quite good enough for this one. I love deeper face drivers, but I don't think I probably have quite the ball speed or consistency for this one. That's not to say I won't try it out (or that the forgiveness of the regular 815 isn't just as intriguing).

Back