Callaway HX Diablo & HX Diablo Tour Golf Balls - Preview

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
Yet more arrivals at the NE office of THP this week. This time it's the Callaway Diablo and Diablo Tour golf balls. My last testing experience with another OEM's golf balls left me surprised and impressed and I expect the same feelings from these offerings.

I'm looking forward to taking them on the course this weekend for an initial look. Thanks to Callaway for sending these for testing!

c213a0c2.jpg

157c2996.jpg

7a4fe50b.jpg

4bc12e91.jpg

b5b274c8.jpg

Good deal Hanks, looking forward to your thoughts on these.

Cool Hanks! Love the pics of the boxes showing the ball layers and such. Looking forward to your thoughts!

I also cant wait to hear what you think about these as well. I have not played the tour version but was pretty surprised on a tee box or two from the hx.

The best part about the packaging? Callaway stating how many 'pieces' the ball is in the lower left corner. Save the consumer from having to read the entire box to see hoe many pieces the ball is, etc.

Cool Hanks! Love the pics of the boxes showing the ball layers and such. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Can't wait to read your thoughts on these Hanks. I've heard some great things about the Diablo Tour. I'm always looking for a good low priced ball

Looking forward to your official review. I was given a sleeve of the non-tour balls and I was really impressed for that price point.

Looking forward to your review on these. I have spent some time with the HX Diablo Tour and have found it to be a pleasant surprise. It's a solid ball, especially at it's offered price point.

I already play these so waiting to hear your thoughts.

I already play these so waiting to hear your thoughts.

+1..... I look forward as well ..I wont comment until you do your review....

I play the HX Diablos, they are pretty sweet. Enjoy them I'm looking forward to your write up.

Thanks for the pics. Curious how the tour reacts around the green.

I've played the HX diablos, curious to see what you think of them.

havent played either of these, looking forward to the thoughts on each

I played a round with a :callaway: HX Diablo Tour the other day and was impressed. At first glance, i thought it may be to hard of a ball for me but it played well and didn't seem to have a problem checking on the greens. I'm not so sure I'm ready for a tournament ball change just yet but it's worth buying a sleeve and seeing how they work for you.

Is it me, or does the red chevron make the ball look cheap? The black looks awesome!

Great stuff Hanks, look forward to your thoughts on these, especially the Diablo Tours.

without researching any callaway balls - how do these size up to the tour Is? sorry i really know nothing about callaway golf balls

without researching any callaway balls - how do these size up to the tour Is? sorry i really know nothing about callaway golf balls

2&3 piece respectively, ionomer cover. The 3 piece is sleeper, very good ball, along the lines of the vapor speed, trispeed tour or burner tour in my opinion.

--
tapatalk

I cant wait to hear what you think my friend.

CG I found the HX Tour to fly a lot higher than the i(z) and spin was very close for me around the green. It rolled out just a tad more but was easier to get up on the green if that makes sense. Approach shots acted somewhat the same.

Not tryin to threadjack Hank'ster. Im really looking forward to you giving these a good thorough run down.

Sent from my Tapatalk App

Tour i(s) is their tour level ball. I guess you can call it a 4 pc since it has what they call a 2 pc core. Cover is also urethane so it'll be softer. The i(s) is Callaway's tour level spinnier ball like the ZStar, ProV1, etc. The comparable hierarchy, in this case, would be the Diablo Tour.

Hanks, I'll be curious to hear about the Diablo Tour. I'm gaming the i(s) now and if the DT is just as good then it'll be something to try since it'll be more price comparable to the Srixon Trispeed Tours.

Same here man....I'm thinking a softer Burner Tour at the same price point...yikes!

Great stuff Hanks, look forward to your thoughts on these, especially the Diablo Tours.

me too

2&3 piece respectively, ionomer cover. The 3 piece is sleeper, very good ball, along the lines of the vapor speed, trispeed tour or burner tour in my opinion.

--
tapatalk

I liked the iz a lot but not enough to consistently carry them in the bag. If these act the same way as those but cheaper? awesome value performance ball

I cant wait to hear what you think my friend.

CG I found the HX Tour to fly a lot higher than the i(z) and spin was very close for me around the green. It rolled out just a tad more but was easier to get up on the green if that makes sense. Approach shots acted somewhat the same.

Not tryin to threadjack Hank'ster. Im really looking forward to you giving these a good thorough run down.

Sent from my Tapatalk App

You were with me when I was testing the Burner and Burner Tour balls dude and saw how well I played with those....if these are in the same ballpark I may need to do a refresh on my last ball fitting....

Tour i(s) is their tour level ball. I guess you can call it a 4 pc since it has what they call a 2 pc core. Cover is also urethane so it'll be softer. The i(s) is Callaway's tour level spinnier ball like the ZStar, ProV1, etc. The comparable hierarchy, in this case, would be the Diablo Tour.

Hanks, I'll be curious to hear about the Diablo Tour. I'm gaming the i(s) now and if the DT is just as good then it'll be something to try since it'll be more price comparable to the Srixon Trispeed Tours.

The best part about the packaging? Callaway stating how many 'pieces' the ball is in the lower left corner. Save the consumer from having to read the entire box to see hoe many pieces the ball is, etc.

I saw that! It's a great touch!

I'm looking forward to your thoughts Hanks! I'v played both so far this year. I quite liked the Diablo Tour ball.

I am quite interested to find out what you think of these balls. Looking forward to the review.

Back