Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

I'd like some opinions from you guys. I think I'm going for the XHP's, but am torn on shaft. I tried the PX95 6.0 flighted shafts and hit them great. I currently use the KBS Tour shafts. I love the feel of the KBS in my current shafts, and in the "unknown shaft" test that THP did at some of the events, and it came up with the KBS Tour, but that said, I don't believe one of the shafts was the PX flighted. Any thoughts between the 2, and if one would be "better" over the other, or does it just come down to feel.

Dan

I'd like some opinions from you guys. I think I'm going for the XHP's, but am torn on shaft. I tried the PX95 6.0 flighted shafts and hit them great. I currently use the KBS Tour shafts. I love the feel of the KBS in my current shafts, and in the "unknown shaft" test that THP did at some of the events, and it came up with the KBS Tour, but that said, I don't believe one of the shafts was the PX flighted. Any thoughts between the 2, and if one would be "better" over the other, or does it just come down to feel.

Dan

I hit the KBS tour stiff and px95 6.0. Launch, trajectory, spin, and dispersion were nearly identical for me. KBS had a better feel so I went with them. Not that the PX felt bad, just not as good.

When results are so similar, go with what feels best to you.

I'm thinking about getting these but i don't know if I should get the pros or the regulars. I have JPX 800s now. I hit the pros but not the regular ones and I hit them good, I just don't like the chunkiness of the regular one. So should I get the the regular for a bit more distance than the pros, or the pros for more feel and better looks. I still get more distance from the pros than my current irons.

I'm thinking about getting these but i don't know if I should get the pros or the regulars. I have JPX 800s now. I hit the pros but not the regular ones and I hit them good, I just don't like the chunkiness of the regular one. So should I get the the regular for a bit more distance than the pros, or the pros for more feel and better looks. I still get more distance from the pros than my current irons.

Personally, I hit the pros a couple yards further than the regular XH. Mishits were a different story, but on solid contact, they averaged 3-4 yds longer.

Dan
Hey Danny boy, you know my love for KBS. Well the new PX 95 6.0s are great and I have no intentions on swapping KBS in these irons.

Personally, I hit the pros a couple yards further than the regular XH. Mishits were a different story, but on solid contact, they averaged 3-4 yds longer.

I think I'll go with the pros they look so nice

They are gorgeous indeed.

Can't get anything better looking without it being a blade.

Dan

So far im loving my xhp irons i was worried about the offset but so far hasn't been a big issue. Surprising how good they feel for a cast club and man are they forgiving and long.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I don't think either iron is going to be significantly longer if each has the right shaft, unless you struggle to get the ball in the air with an iron with less offset. The advantage with the X hot is going to be in forgiveness imo.

Callaway X Hot Pro Irons are the Bomb!!!

Callaway X Hot Pro Irons are the Bomb!!!

Best fricking iron I have ever hit in my entire golfing life! I absolutely love these beautiful weapons :blob:. If I kick the bucket tomorrow, please bury me with my X Hot Pro Irons :thumb:

Hit the demo day the other day. The X-Hots are my top GI irons, but the top "players" irons are without a single shade of doubt the AMP Cell Pros. Sorry X Hot Pros

Best fricking iron I have ever hit in my entire golfing life! I absolutely love these beautiful weapons :blob:. If I kick the bucket tomorrow, please bury me with my X Hot Pro Irons :thumb:
I expected more smileys buddy!

Glad they're treating you well. Definitely a set I need to hit!

Quit beating around the bush OG and tell us how you really feel!

My XHs came in yesterday, shafted with KBS Tour 90s. Perfect, unless I had ordered them with regular KBS Tours, which I did. Called today and replacement order has been placed and return shipping label is on its way.

Unfortunately there is no quick fix here but the customer service I received was top-notch.

Hit the pros today. Absolutely crushed them on the LM. Just launched a little to low for me and my spin was to low compared to others. Just not for me. But out of 6 irons tested with multiple shafts in each these where hit the furthest.

Hit the pros today. Absolutely crushed them on the LM. Just launched a little to low for me and my spin was to low compared to others. Just not for me. But out of 6 irons tested with multiple shafts in each these where hit the furthest.
You just completed an iron fitting. Curious to know what your launch and spin were vs the TM?

Interesting even with a different shaft your numbers didn't improve. What shafts did you try?

***aka AtChad***

what shafts did you hit in the pros

I just ordered the XHot Pros. What I found interesting is that the stock shafts are +1/4th inch longer than the Taylormade CBs that I'm upgrading from. Might be a subtle, but important thing for people to realize when they are getting fitted for the X Hot Pros....

Hearing great things about these. I must hit them soon.

TapAhoy!

I put the 6i through its paces today with a KBS tour shaft vs the PX on the monitor. KBS flew higher and longer by 11yds. Both shaft have good feel but the KBS just plays better for me.

I put the 6i through its paces today with a KBS tour shaft vs the PX on the monitor. KBS flew higher and longer by 11yds. Both shaft have good feel but the KBS just plays better for me.
KBS stiff? Vs 6.0?

Back