Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

Gray isn't that what you said about the Rocketballz :bulgy-eyes:

I have to say the RBZ irons were awesome in there own respect, however the X Hot Pro irons are more versatile in my opinion. I love the thinner top line these irons have. It's odd for me to say this, however these X Hot Pro irons inspire more confidence for me. I suppose I never knew what I was missing, because my last few sets have had the fatter butt/bounce type soles. When I look down at these puppies they just say, "Pull the trigger hoss and watch the show" :D. My wake up call was when I demo'd the J40 pass it along set of irons, that had almost the same head size as these. I was wanting them in a bad way. Well these are just as hawt and I'm tickled to call them all mine now.

I wasn't able to swing either of these but I was toying with them at the store and they look really sharp. The Pros look absolutely deadly at address.

I have to say the RBZ irons were awesome in there own respect, however the X Hot Pro irons are more versatile in my opinion. I love the thinner top line these irons have. It's odd for me to say this, however these X Hot Pro irons inspire more confidence for me. I suppose I never knew what I was missing, because my last few sets have had the fatter butt/bounce type soles. When I look down at these puppies they just say, "Pull the trigger hoss and watch the show" :D. My wake up call was when I demo'd the J40 pass it along set of irons, that had almost the same head size as these. I was wanting them in a bad way. Well these are just as hawt and I'm tickled to call them all mine now.
I LOVE it!!! To say you don't have me excited to game these is like saying that there coon dog can't hunt. BS cuz we know it can and we know I'm excited for these puppies!!

Im glad those work out for you OG. I know Freddie liked the C-Tapers in his xhot pros, but to me the PX95's are AMAZING! Ive been saying it all along!

Tapping away on my S3
The more I hit the PX, the more I like them. I want to swing the ctapers again as well as the s400s before I decide

haha I'll try to get them up tomorrow good buddy :thumb:

Ok here is the deal. I compared the X Hot Pro irons that I was fit with, the GS95 TT shafts to the the Project X 95 Flighted shafts. I found the PX 95 Flighted shafts to work great for me :blob:! I had to go to my golf course and see the action on the course. I warmed up on the range and the smile :D starting growing. Out on the course is where the real fireworks began! I was hitting low cuts, the high draws, and pured straight shots. Good Lawd have Mercy the fitting with the PX irons fit to a tee. I'm in love with this X Hot Pro irons with the butter smooth PX Flighted 95 shafts :thumb: I can really see my golf game making a huge turn around this spring. I absolutely love the AW in this set. My little buddy Herbie, sit on the side lines all day as I was able to hit so many cool shots around the greens with the gap wedge :bulgy-eyes:. I'm not sure if the new fitting with the 1/2 inch longer clubs combined with the 2 degrees up or what, but it was soooooo easy to pitch and chip around the greens with the AW in this set. Mind blowing kind of good! Yep I'm officially a Cally homer now and looking forward to sleeping with these irons tonight :in-love::guitar::kiss::kissing::kissed::love::zdance::thumb:. To be honest, I was a bit scared prior to the arrival of these irons, that my game would not be suited for them. It certainly looks like a players iron but they performed every bit as well as any GI iron set I have ever owned. Simply blew me away to say the least.
OG, I'm gald you settled on the shafts that work great for you buddy

Thanks Freddie and Gray that just cements what I thought I already knew. I'm absolutely dying to get out on the range with these irons!!!!!!
I do what I can my brother

I LOVE it!!! To say you don't have me excited to game these is like saying that there coon dog can't hunt. BS cuz we know it can and we know I'm excited for these puppies!!

Good buddy, I hate to see the pain you are gonna inflict on some unsuspecting fool ,with these dart throwers!

The more I hit the PX, the more I like them. I want to swing the ctapers again as well as the s400s before I decide

OG, I'm gald you settled on the shafts that work great for you buddy

I do what I can my brother

You are swinging the old school PX 6.0's correct? Not the PXI or PX95?

Nope, the PX 95 flighted shafts

I was a bit cautious about these shafts for some reason. I thought they might be over my golfing skills or what ever but ya know what, I'm glad I tried them. They just might be a game changer for me.

They are solid shafts and I have never been a fan of the PX line
I was a bit cautious about these shafts for some reason. I thought they might be over my golfing skills or what ever but ya know what, I'm glad I tried them. They just might be a game changer for me.

Dangit! Why did I read this thread! Ponder alert! Sheesh!

I put the Xhot 6i head to head with the xforged 6i with the same PX 6.0 shaft. And I have to say I could see the subtle differences between the two in performance. Very small difference but the Xhot pros are a 1/2 a club to club longer. They both launch on the same trajectory (to the naked eye) but the Xhot stays airborne just a bit longer. Don't get me wrong the forged are longer than standard, but what is standard anymore. Lets just say you wont be upset with the distance in Xforged. But the length I am seeing with the xhot pros is a head scratcher. I'm not talking tour length but just to be a club longer than your brother (xforged) is immpressive.

The heads on the two are very close in size from the top line. Yes, the Xforged are thinner but not by much and they (xforged) are shorted, heal to toe. This difference makes the Forged look very compact and difficult to hit. I stress the "look", because nothing could be farther than the truth. The Xforged are a joy to swing. Both the Xhot pro and Xforged had great feel, different sounds at impact but great feel in their own way. The best way to describe it is this...If you have pured a forged iron, you know that feel. It's almost like slow motion release of the shaft into the head as the ball melts into the face. Well that is what it felt like with both clubs, just a heavier hit with the Xforged. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being heavy hit with total forgiveness and 1 being nothing but total club head forgiveness. The Xforged are a 10 and the Xhot pros are a 8.5. The Xhot pros are closer to a 'players' iron feel than you might think.

I was also able to hit every other club in the xhot pro line, from the A wedge to the 4i. I want to talk to you about the 4i and how this club launched into the air with so much ease. I have long iron issues and the xhot pros may be the savior of that part of my game. They weren't all perfect shots and only practice can cure what is broken. But practice with the Xhot Pro by my side is like Lance Armstrong riding his bike for the past 20 years on EPO, an unfair advantage. I typically get frustrated with the low liners I hit with my long irons, well the mid/high shots I saw the the Xhot pro 4i will kill that frustration and keep me working on my move. Oh, the rest of the clubs in the set are pretty darn good as well.

After an evening with both irons, I am still leaning the way of the Xhots but I must hit the long irons in the Xforged to absolutely sure. All I know is that Callaway has some serious equipment in their stable this year and if you have a chance, you need to hit it.

haha I'll try to get them up tomorrow good buddy :thumb:

Ok here is the deal. I compared the X Hot Pro irons that I was fit with, the GS95 TT shafts to the the Project X 95 Flighted shafts. I found the PX 95 Flighted shafts to work great for me :blob:! I had to go to my golf course and see the action on the course. I warmed up on the range and the smile :D starting growing. Out on the course is where the real fireworks began! I was hitting low cuts, the high draws, and pured straight shots. Good Lawd have Mercy the fitting with the PX irons fit to a tee. I'm in love with this X Hot Pro irons with the butter smooth PX Flighted 95 shafts :thumb: I can really see my golf game making a huge turn around this spring. I absolutely love the AW in this set. My little buddy Herbie, sit on the side lines all day as I was able to hit so many cool shots around the greens with the gap wedge :bulgy-eyes:. I'm not sure if the new fitting with the 1/2 inch longer clubs combined with the 2 degrees up or what, but it was soooooo easy to pitch and chip around the greens with the AW in this set. Mind blowing kind of good! Yep I'm officially a Cally homer now and looking forward to sleeping with these irons tonight :in-love::guitar::kiss::kissing::kissed::love::zdance::thumb:. To be honest, I was a bit scared prior to the arrival of these irons, that my game would not be suited for them. It certainly looks like a players iron but they performed every bit as well as any GI iron set I have ever owned. Simply blew me away to say the least.

Awesome thoughts guys!! Glad to see you are getting closer to your MC irons Freddie, and it sounds like they fit like a glove for you OG!! So great. Can't wait to see them in action in person.

I can't wait to get some range time with these at Tangle Ridge. I was looking at them in the store the other day, and really liked pretty much everything about them.

Freddie, would you be likely to add in a 50 degree wedge into the bag with the xforged irons as your MC set? If I recall your pondering, you were likely to put an xhot 4i in the bag as like a 4 hybrid of sorts. Depending how you do your iron setup, that wedge spot could be the choice of what to do throughout both sides of the bag.

Has anyone hit the irons with PX95 and KBS Tour side by side? Thinking about getting a set but unsure of which shaft between the 2. I've hit both and found the PX95 setup feels oddly weighted. You can tell most of the weight is towards the clubhead, unlike the KBS which is more balanced. From what I've read the PX95 it'll actually launch lower in this setup vs. the KBS.

Has anyone hit the irons with PX95 and KBS Tour side by side? Thinking about getting a set but unsure of which shaft between the 2. I've hit both and found the PX95 setup feels oddly weighted. You can tell most of the weight is towards the clubhead, unlike the KBS which is more balanced. From what I've read the PX95 it'll actually launch lower in this setup vs. the KBS.
I hit these and the Ctaper at the Callaway demo day. They all launch high and the Ctaper launched the highest. The kbs and px95 launch very similar

Tadashi -

With your on the course testing, would you think the PX95 is for a player with a quicker transition? Traditionally I've never gotten along with the PX line because I have a moderate/smooth transition. I play a natural fade and don't want to turn those into hard fades/slices on the long irons.

Ummm...am I the only one wondering where the pictures are?

You asked for pics so here are a couple. It was so windy outside it blew my bag over :bulgy-eyes:. It was on the grass so no damage done :D

IMG_0282_zps0aa829b1.jpg

IMG_0281_zpsfab20c09.jpg

Same as Tadashi minus hitting the c-tapers. I hit the KBS tour stiff and px95 6.0. Launch, trajectory, spin, and dispersion were nearly identical for me. KBS had a better feel so I went with them. Not that the PX felt bad, just not as good.

Beauties OG!

Beauties OG!

Thanks JLit! I had to go back out to day in the chilly & windy weather to hit these again. I felt like yesterday might be some sort of good dream however the dream is still going on :thumb:. I am chipping and pitching so well with the gap wedge, that I am seriously pondering the sand wedge . I'm hitting my iron shots higher and longer than my previous set of irons which were cannons. Yup I'm quite pleased to say the least. Now to find a putter that works as well as these irons do!

Thanks Freddie and Gray that just cements what I thought I already knew. I'm absolutely dying to get out on the range with these irons!!!!!!

Sheesh...I would be happy to hit them indoors...crappy lack of LH selection around here!

You asked for pics so here are a couple. It was so windy outside it blew my bag over :bulgy-eyes:. It was on the grass so no damage done :D

IMG_0282_zps0aa829b1.jpg

IMG_0281_zpsfab20c09.jpg

OMG!! OG, those XHP's look gorgeous in that Cally bag!

Nice OG. I didn't need to see those. The new XHot line just looks good.

Sheesh...I would be happy to hit them indoors...crappy lack of LH selection around here!

OMG!! OG, those XHP's look gorgeous in that Cally bag!

I love these irons and my bag is getting really close to being set for 2013! The metal x #7 belly putter came out of the bag today and is for sale at my pro shop. Herbie is on the bench right now as my work around the greens, has been really good for me with the Cally attack wedge.

Nice OG. I didn't need to see those. The new XHot line just looks good.

They perform as well as they look too :D :thumb:

I'm sure your heart still skipped a beat though!

I'm sure your heart still skipped a beat though!

Oh yea! You don't want your new toys to hurt. I may put my ole niblick in the bag for those punch out of the woods type shot. The 42 degree works great for that. I have been really considering adding the X Hot Pro sand wedge to my bag. The gap wedge is working so well I may just do that!

Back