Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

CG has done it again, Cool old School looks packed with great technology this one will spike lots of interest on the course.

I like it. I could do without the "Classic" on the top, but other than that, it's nice.

I like that Cleveland is sticking their necks out with the old school design. In my book, great design is either universally praised or very polarizing. I also have no doubt that the club has technical chops. And once again, nice deft touch shown in the pictures.

Just picture angle. If I was guessing without specs, I would say pretty neutral.

good deal, can't wait to hear more after you have had a chance to fully test this out. Curious to see the spin numbers with the deep face.

Not my cup of tea (I guess I'm too young?) but I do think it is a nice design and applaud Cleveland for sticking their necks out with it. Big cajones.

From the video the face looked super deep, is it that deep or just the camera making things look bigger then they actually are?

From the video the face looked super deep, is it that deep or just the camera making things look bigger then they actually are?

Its pretty deep. I spent some more time with it just now and will have a full write up coming up soon.

Its pretty deep. I spent some more time with it just now and will have a full write up coming up soon.

would you say it plays similarly to the SL290 or any other in that line?

would you say it plays similarly to the SL290 or any other in that line?

The shaft yes, but the rest is very different from what I can tell so far.

Interesting, you really have me thinking about this driver.

I'd wonder how that yellow holds up over time too..

I'd wonder how that yellow holds up over time too..

I have hit 25 balls with it so far and not a scratch. I guess we will see. Like most drivers, I expect range balls and such to add some scratches and nicks like on a lot of the darker faces. TIme will tell.

I have hit 25 balls with it so far and not a scratch. I guess we will see. Like most drivers, I expect range balls and such to add some scratches and nicks like on a lot of the darker faces. TIme will tell.

For sure man, I'm just hoping it wears like the darker faces in the sense that it wont start to come completely off. If that makes sense!

I absolutely love the looks of this friver. I know a lot of people dont like the old school look. But I love it

I'm such a nerd, but I want specs and all that jazz from the company.

The headcover is something I've never seen before. I think I'd rock it.

Thanks for the video and the pics, JB. I've been curious about this since Graeme McDowell dropped some pictures of it on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. This may be one for me to take a serious look at.

I love the look and hope I like the way it feels and plays, too.

Well this is definitely a step in a different direction, and I like it. While most companies are trying to show off all of the bells and whistles, and adjustability, Cleveland steps up with the Classic and I think they have a winner here. I can't wait to hear more about this. I know they are different, and you've only hit it a handful of times, but how would you compare this to the Black?

Well this is definitely a step in a different direction, and I like it. While most companies are trying to show off all of the bells and whistles, and adjustability, Cleveland steps up with the Classic and I think they have a winner here. I can't wait to hear more about this. I know they are different, and you've only hit it a handful of times, but how would you compare this to the Black?

They are completely different drivers. I mean really nothing alike about them at all.

I love the packaging!

Which would be more similar to the SL290, this one or the Black?

Which would be more similar to the SL290, this one or the Black?

Honestly? Neither and I am guessing that is why the 290 will carry over to the new line.

Man that face is tall! I also think the sound is almost iron-like... but it could just be the camera/my speakers.

I'm such a nerd, but I want specs and all that jazz from the company.

Me too!

Yes to the head, No to the Kua, On the fence over the head cover. An intriguing package so far

Back