Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

That headcover is ultra cool.....looking closer at the crown, I actually think they club would look even more retro without the 'Classic' script alignment aid as the over lap of the gold from the face could serve as an alignment aid all by itself

The in hand pics are awesome! I love the colors on this club. When will it be available?

I saw in an article yesterday an estimation of late January.

I find it really disappointing that we're hearing nothing of the performance of this driver. Hopefully I'm wrong, but this would suggest that Cleveland is advancing driver technology not at all, and they have resorted to pretty packaging to sell their clubs. So with that, are they admitting there is nowhere to go technology-wise?

And while I do think the headcover looks cool, I also think the driver itself looks kind of clunky. Sorry Cleveland.

It's been on the range for a few swings. That's a whole lot of assumption you have going there.

That headcover is ultra cool.....looking closer at the crown, I actually think they club would look even more retro without the 'Classic' script alignment aid as the over lap of the gold from the face could serve as an alignment aid all by itself

I agree, and that's what is odd about this offering from Cleveland, as they typically don't offer alignment aids at all.

The packaging is very cool. I'm not sold on the looks though, it is fun to talk about and all but I don't anticipate it being much more than just a novelty item really.

The packaging is very cool. I'm not sold on the looks though, it is fun to talk about and all but I don't anticipate it being much more than just a novelty item really.

That's what I feared at first. But I must say that Cleveland look like they're packing a whole load into this driver, every little detail has been covered. It's in line with their Ultralight series, and there's a C Kua in there too.

This sounds really nice, and I like that it's different to anything else on the market. Really interested to read about how it performs too.

OK, I really like this. The new photos are great. Super classy. What is the shaft length? Is it going to be a limited edition? Will there be 270 and 310 models? I want to know more!

There is a 270 version. I would like to know if the shaft is going to be different flex codes than the original C Kuas.

OK, I really like this. The new photos are great. Super classy. What is the shaft length? Is it going to be a limited edition? Will there be 270 and 310 models? I want to know more!

believe I read there will be a 270 model

Just wanted to chime in. I just wanted to say that I watched the videos (good work as usual). Love the packaging, and the overall old school look of the Classic. Just unsure of the headcover. That is one heck of a deep face... low spin bad boy. Miyazaki shaft like the latest series.... deeper face version of the TL290?

Alex

I'm guessing I know this answer, but I want to ask anyway.
The C Kua shaft in this driver looks like it has the Cleveland Classics Logo on it and is limited edition. Is this a true C Kua or is it a made for C Kua?

I think this driver is going to be perfect for me and I can't wait to hit it. I love that shaft and it fits me perfectly, and I generally like smaller than 460 heads with deep faces. Oh it also looks so freaking good to me its silly.

There is a 270 version. I would like to know if the shaft is going to be different flex codes than the original C Kuas.

In the video JB has a 290 with the 43S C Kua that is the same flex code 8722 as the current C Kua.

In the video JB has a 290 with the 43S C Kua that is the same flex code 8722 as the current C Kua.

That's what I thought, but hadn't checked out the Miyazaki site. The only reason I wondered is that the Black seems to have different profiles.

I love this driver. I want to see reviews of it from any MC 2.0 staffers who get this! I love the looks, headcover, and technology involved!

very good point, I had forgotten about that

I agree, and that's what is odd about this offering from Cleveland, as they typically don't offer alignment aids at all.

I like the head cover, and generally am a big fan of the retro look... I just don't know about how the driver head looks. I think it's something that I'll have to see in person, but still on the fence on the looks. I do love that Cleveland is putting out some new products that are different than the rest of the crowd and is giving us so many choices to fit anybody's game.

Wow! That is classically styled and beautiful! I couldn't imagine what you were describing last week. Now I know...very nice!!!

loving the old school colors

Looked at the pictures but can't get video here at work. I still think I need to see this in person before I decide, it is growing on me but still seems like a driver for hipsters.

JB forgive me for asking if you covered this in the video but it looks like the face is closed a bit in the pictures, is that how the driver comes stock?

It is not a limited edition driver. There will be a 270 model as well and we will have tons more info coming up soon.

Just wanted to chime in. I just wanted to say that I watched the videos (good work as usual). Love the packaging, and the overall old school look of the Classic. Just unsure of the headcover. That is one heck of a deep face... low spin bad boy. Miyazaki shaft like the latest series.... deeper face version of the TL290?

While yes, it has a deeper face and still a 290 in series, there is a lot more to the changes. I think we might have to have someone from R&D come on the THP Radio show as it gets closer to launch and discuss them all.

Alex

I'm guessing I know this answer, but I want to ask anyway.
The C Kua shaft in this driver looks like it has the Cleveland Classics Logo on it and is limited edition. Is this a true C Kua or is it a made for C Kua?

It is the real deal.

Looked at the pictures but can't get video here at work. I still think I need to see this in person before I decide, it is growing on me but still seems like a driver for hipsters.

JB forgive me for asking if you covered this in the video but it looks like the face is closed a bit in the pictures, is that how the driver comes stock?

Just picture angle. If I was guessing without specs, I would say pretty neutral.

Really is a unique, but attractive club. I'm struggling with the C Kua shaft in the SL290, so not sure about the combination of me and that shaft, but definitely one I want to hit when it becomes available.

As they do retro models, great touch that they are including retro headcovers.

I'm a fan of the looks, but I was hoping it would have the 59 series shaft in it. You said there is going to be a 270, is there no 310?

It is the real deal.

That's what I figured, but just wanted to check. Thanks! I can't wait to see this in person

Back