Cleveland Classic Hybrid Preview Thread

Thats some big distance your seeing I love that the roll out not so much. Have you had clubs in the past with rails on the sole?

Thats some big distance your seeing I love that the roll out not so much. Have you had clubs in the past with rails on the sole?

At 38* of descent, I seriously doubt I see anything like that on a green.

Have not played anything like that with the rails. Obviously a game changer on grass rather than a sim, but it definitely intrigues me. I don't see it being much of an issue.

At 38* of descent, I seriously doubt I see anything like that on a green.

Have not played anything like that with the rails. Obviously a game changer on grass rather than a sim, but it definitely intrigues me. I don't see it being much of an issue.

Yeah your right on the descent. I think you are going to have some nice success with this very soon. Team Albatross FTW!!

Yeah your right on the descent. I think you are going to have some nice success with this very soon. Team Albatross FTW!!

I love it!!! Thanks man!! I think the rails are subtle enough that it won't be a huge deal at all. I've enjoyed the mashie's I've hit which I suppose is one of the closer matches, but never found one with a shaft to match.. In this case, even the stock stiff matrix held up extremely well.

I can't stop thinking about this thing -- I think I need to go hit it again.

Anyone else take a run at the new Classic hybrid this weekend? Thoughts?

I actually hit one and bought it.

I compared it against the Nike VR Covert Hybrid which was set to 17* and I was hitting the 18* Classic Hybrid 3-5 yards further and it just feels so solid. I love the way it looked at set up.

I immediately bought it. Plus I love the stock shaft.

Let me also add that I hate bulky hybrids. I noticed that some of the new hyrbids look more like fairway woods and less like hyrbids. I prefer a smaller footprint and this definately has a smaller profile similar to the I20 hybrid I loved and just plain delivers.

I actually hit one and bought it.

I compared it against the Nike VR Covert Hybrid which was set to 17* and I was hitting the 18* Classic Hybrid 3-5 yards further and it just feels so solid. I love the way it looked at set up.

I immediately bought it. Plus I love the stock shaft.

Nice Grim!!! Awesome purchase!

Rocking the Ozik XCon stiff in there? How was the dispersion?

Shockingly enough, they had one of these to demo at the GS by my house. I am pretty set in the hybrid slots but my Mashie hybrid love over came me so I gave it a few swings. Very very easy to hit. I still did not like the offset, thought it seemed to me that it was less than with my Mashie. It is a really nice looking club at address also. Would really like to hit this on grass but I would imagine that it would perform just as well as the Mashie and probably better. Dan, I would imagine you would crush this thing from all lies.

It was tight.

I naturally play a draw and every shot I hit was almost exactly like the last on the simulator. They all landed anywhere from 235 to the longest being 243. This Hybrid is extremely forgiving and I feel I could work it as well. Plus I see using this out of the rough as not being an issue at all. Great versatility in this club.

Also, I did not notice much offset at all. I hate offset, but this to me, if it has any, sure hides it well, but thats just my opinion.

Shockingly enough, they had one of these to demo at the GS by my house. I am pretty set in the hybrid slots but my Mashie hybrid love over came me so I gave it a few swings. Very very easy to hit. I still did not like the offset, thought it seemed to me that it was less than with my Mashie. It is a really nice looking club at address also. Would really like to hit this on grass but I would imagine that it would perform just as well as the Mashie and probably better. Dan, I would imagine you would crush this thing from all lies.

That's what has me so excited.. Sure, off Galaxy mats it was flush, but the gliderails and slight v groove really intrigue me from fairway/rough as well. I bet it's an all condition beast.

That's what has me so excited.. Sure, off Galaxy mats it was flush, but the gliderails and slight v groove really intrigue me from fairway/rough as well. I bet it's an all condition beast.

I know with my Mashie Hybrids, I hit it from everywhere without any issue. I am thinking about throwing my 4 Hybrid back in, just to use from the rough.

It was tight.

I naturally play a draw and every shot I hit was almost exactly like the last on the simulator. They all landed anywhere from 235 to the longest being 243. This Hybrid is extremely forgiving and I feel I could work it as well. Plus I see using this out of the rough as not being an issue at all. Great versatility in this club.

Also, I did not notice much offset at all. I hate offset, but this to me, if it has any, sure hides it well, but thats just my opinion.

I also struggled with the original mashie offset in a bad way. I saw some fades in the sim which really, really surprised me. If that ability to manipulate the flight between draw/fade converts to the course, this thing will be an absolute monster for people this year.

That's some great distance as well Grim. Very nice!

The thing I worry about with offset clubs is them turnig into hook monsters, which tends to be my miss, but no issues with this hybrid.

Trust me, im being unbiased as I tried a few others, but I did have a price cap so I did not compare this to the Adams new hybrids as they were $300 each. But for my price point and performance I was pretty much blown away. I mean it did everythng my I20 hyrbid, which I loved, did and then some. Plus I love the way this thing looks at address.

Well hello there!!

e6yqega7.jpg

Loving that classic headcover. Sweet!

Hate to be a pest, but can you show me a comparison pic of this at address next to the J40?

Not being a pest at all, here are a few!

15B95AF6-B192-4D9C-947A-20B7B8D384D5-4474-00000183F3B592FD_zps6c08b7ec.jpg

E6C05B46-DB06-4988-AFAC-C6C8F96D6EE2-4474-00000183F807CCD8_zps49573130.jpg

You rock Cookie! Definitely see the offset in the Classic, but I actually like that at address more than the Mashie or Mashie+. Thanks man!

I thought this looked fantastic in person. Compact head. Just a great looking hybrid that needs to find its way to a driving range near me.

Posted via tapatalk.

I thought this looked fantastic in person. Compact head. Just a great looking hybrid that needs to find its way to a driving range near me.

Posted via tapatalk.

Compact is an awesome way to look at it.. With all the tech involved on the bottom, I was expecting something larger.

Compact is an awesome way to look at it.. With all the tech involved on the bottom, I was expecting something larger.
It really reminds me more of the J40 hybos than the older Mashies. I like that a lot.

I need a hybrid like I need another inch on my waist, but it seems inevitable.

Posted via tapatalk.

It really reminds me more of the J40 hybos than the older Mashies. I like that a lot.

I can support that.. Very much an iron feedback in my books, and that design going from silver to black on the top line gives me a familiar look to the J40.

Back