Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

+1 on the F5. Once again I hit it awesome yesterday.

Look at all this F5 love, I need to check this club out.

+1 on the F5. Once again I hit it awesome yesterday.

Two things: first, I'm with you in that I just always seem to hit this thing well, no matter what else is going in on the course. Second, wtf is that Avatar?

Look at all this F5 love, I need to check this club out.

I hit it for my 2nd shot on most of the par 5's when we played. I hit it more at Caledonia

I hit it for my 2nd shot on most of the par 5's when we played. I hit it more at Caledonia

Gotcha, read through the last week of posts about this club. After my 3H at 200, I don't like what I have between that and driver. Need more options (as I mentioned yesterday) from 210-230 or so. Will see what I can do between the F3 & F5 but will have to stick with only one or would have 15 clubs. Thinking that the F5 could be enough up to 220 or so and fill that need. Not often that I need (or can consistently hit) a 230 yard shot. Much more than that is approaching driver territory anyways.

That makes perfect sense to me. I swear dude, I'm not much further off the tee with the F3 but my confidence and accuracy with the F5 is far superior.

That makes perfect sense to me. I swear dude, I'm not much further off the tee with the F3 but my confidence and accuracy with the F5 is far superior.

And that's critical. Having that go to club when you must find a FW (see short dog legs at Caladonia) and then one that you know you can get on/around the par 5's in two is just what I need. Can already imagine several holes at my home course where this will get used quite a bit, can even get a bit more aggressive if this is as accurate as I am hoping it is.

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone in here, just absolutely great info for those considering them!

It will be. It's a joy to hit off the deck too.

I like that you got the F5 Cookie, but what's wrong with your J40 4 wood? Just not as good off the deck?

I like that you got the F5 Cookie, but what's wrong with your J40 4 wood? Just not as good off the deck?

It is really easy to hit under all conditions but I just launch it consistently too high and only see a max of 215 typically. I like the deeper face in the Mashie as well for off the tee.

What shaft in your 4wood cookie?

You know, I played with a fair amount of Bstone staffers and I saw a lot of love/hate when it came to the fwy woods. I suspect it was a shaft thing. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on that F5 for sure.

It is really easy to hit under all conditions but I just launch it consistently too high and only see a max of 215 typically. I like the deeper face in the Mashie as well for off the tee.

Cool. You think you'll like the Mashie's shaft better?

You know, I played with a fair amount of Bstone staffers and I saw a lot of love/hate when it came to the fwy woods. I suspect it was a shaft thing. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on that F5 for sure.

I think mine was a shaft thing. But I will say at MC when I needed to hit it good I did. I can only think of one bad shot I hit with it.

Cool. You think you'll like the Mashie's shaft better?

I have had decent success with the Miyazaki shafts in general and was gaming the F3 (regular flex) pre Morgan Cup. I was hitting it well but losing some right, I think the stiff flex in the F5 will help with that.

Ary, sent you a PM about your Mashies.

I am so glad that this is in the bag right now. I was hitting it consistently on the range and only used it once on the course. It was memorable, however. I hit a shortish tee shot on a longer par 5 16th. Put a smooth swing on the mashie and must have hit it perfectly because it flew high around 220ish. Left me a great little 3rd shot.

How great would a 3, 5, 7, 4 hybo set up be?

I am so glad that this is in the bag right now. I was hitting it consistently on the range and only used it once on the course. It was memorable, however. I hit a shortish tee shot on a longer par 5 16th. Put a smooth swing on the mashie and must have hit it perfectly because it flew high around 220ish. Left me a great little 3rd shot.

How great would a 3, 5, 7, 4 hybo set up be?

Dude, I'm glad you have the M3 in the bag now too. I'm really thinking about going to a strong 3w, 5w, 4 hybrid setup. I almost don't even need a driver with the 14* 3W. It's freaking beastly.

Dude, I'm glad you have the M3 in the bag now too. I'm really thinking about going to a strong 3w, 5w, 4 hybrid setup. I almost don't even need a driver with the 14* 3W. It's freaking beastly.

I have the F3 and still rocking the RBZ hybrids which I hit well today. The 14* scared me a bit and I figured if I needed to hit something that distance I would be better served laying up.

It's a deep fairway wood. I haven't used it off the tee much but I imagine I would like it.

I have the F3 and still rocking the RBZ hybrids which I hit well today. The 14* scared me a bit and I figured if I needed to hit something that distance I would be better served laying up.

It's a deep fairway wood. I haven't used it off the tee much but I imagine I would like it.

I'm going to get you to hit my 14* when we play. It scared me a bit to start too, but I primarily use it off the tee and it just freaking excels there. I've hit it off the turf too and never had any issues with it with the rails on the bottom really helping get the ball off the turf. I don't hit it a ton, basically because I've switched over to just laying up for everything on par 5s but I feel confident I could hit it 240-250 or so if I really needed to.

Got some more time in with the F7

210 yard par 3, ended up pin high just off to right, loved the ball flight

Then had a dog leg par 4 I hit this right down the dead middle, perfect shot and spot to be in for 2nd

then tried one off of the deck on a par 5, as you guys advised I moved it back slightly in my stance as I was up near F3 spot and was hooking. Hit this thing so pure, it felt great. Lead to an easy wedge on a par 5 and an eventual par

Got some more time in with the F7

210 yard par 3, ended up pin high just off to right, loved the ball flight

Then had a dog leg par 4 I hit this right down the dead middle, perfect shot and spot to be in for 2nd

then tried one off of the deck on a par 5, as you guys advised I moved it back slightly in my stance as I was up near F3 spot and was hooking. Hit this thing so pure, it felt great. Lead to an easy wedge on a par 5 and an eventual par

Nice dude! I think it's a great second shotter on the par 5's and you can use it effectively in the rough. Makes it a pretty versatile club.

I put the 15.5 back in the bag yesterday and was glad I did. I seemed to hit it better than I've hit the 14° in recent times. Not sure if it was a loft thing or a mental thing, but it performed very well for me.

Nice dude! I think it's a great second shotter on the par 5's and you can use it effectively in the rough. Makes it a pretty versatile club.

I put the 15.5 back in the bag yesterday and was glad I did. I seemed to hit it better than I've hit the 14° in recent times. Not sure if it was a loft thing or a mental thing, but it performed very well for me.

yeah, still havent tried the F7 from the rough yet, but liking it thus far

So much so im really pondering trading or selling my I20 hybrid, seems silly to have them both in the bag at the same time. but then again I can always take my 4I out as that thing scares me

Back