Club Making Legend Answers THP Reader Questions

LOL at John's answer to JB's comment about the mix of cast and forged clubs in his bag, "Well since there is no difference in the feel, it doesn't really matter."

His answer to my sweetspot question was very interesting. Very thorough answer and I appreciate that he answered it so well.

That was a great show, very entertaining. I loved the answer to Hawk's question, then to me the funniest part was when he said he didn't know how that Titleist PT metal wood was so successful and he's the brains behind it! I love it!!

Great show, thanks guys and thanks Hoefy!

Why is he playing Vokeys when the arc wedges are his all time favourite that hes designed?

Why is he playing Vokeys when the arc wedges are his all time favourite that hes designed?

I have asked him that before. He did not have the ARCs he needed for his lofts.

I am unable to get the Podcast to start. I have tried opening/starting from Chrome/Firefox/Explorer. Anyone else having issues?

Interesting point w/ Bubba and shafts. Makes me think long and hard about how much thought I have put into them to date and where to go from here.

Interesting point w/ Bubba and shafts. Makes me think long and hard about how much thought I have put into them to date and where to go from here.

No kidding eh? Makes me understand how much thought I havent put into them.

No kidding eh? Makes me understand how much thought I havent put into them.

Exactly, I have put a ton of time into most other aspects of my equipment but beyond using Mizuno's shaft optimizer I have paid almost no attention to shafts.

This is a great idea JB. Great job.

Follow up to his answer to my question. Regarding the weight issue, can someone delve a bit deeper into what he meant about shafts being similar through the bag? Such as my driver and iron shafts, with the push for lighter driver shafts how does this affect the average player?

God I hope this rambling question is somewhat clear.

--
tapatalk

Great radio show!

I think a greenside radio show looking at shaft weights and selection would be great. Thanks JB and GG for another informative program!

LOL at John's answer to JB's comment about the mix of cast and forged clubs in his bag, "Well since there is no difference in the feel, it doesn't really matter."

His answer to my sweetspot question was very interesting. Very thorough answer and I appreciate that he answered it so well.

Lot's of Nickent stuff in his bag. Didn't Dick's Sporting Goods buy them out? I wonder how many THPer's are heading to DSG this w/e to hit some Nickent gear! They got some good use on the N'wide before. It's a crazy, Marketing world we live in!

Lot's of Nickent stuff in his bag. Didn't Dick's Sporting Goods buy them out? I wonder how many THPer's are heading to DSG this w/e to hit some Nickent gear! They got some good use on the N'wide before. It's a crazy, Marketing world we live in!

There are some threads on it here.
They bought the name, not the inventory.
He has no part in the design of the new Nickent products.

shall be listening to this later, want to make sure that iTunes automatically downloads it for me

Really good show jb and gg. I never thought about the sweet spot on clubs like that before. Can't wait for the next radio show.

Is anyone else having trouble getting iTunes to download the podcasts, mine keep saying the url is out of date and will not download any podcasts even though I have subscribed

Awesome show as ever. Some really great questions from the members and some intriguing answers, put in understandable terms! Many thanks to JH and THP for doing this. I'll be listening to this a few times just to let it sink in.

Itunes on my iphone doesnt show anything later than 5/3 for me. I'm gonna try and stream from the homepage though. Can't wait for this one.

Is anyone else having trouble getting iTunes to download the podcasts, mine keep saying the url is out of date and will not download any podcasts even though I have subscribed

I'm listening right now. So far I am really enjoying this show! I could listen to him talk club design and technology all day. If he ever showed up at an outing, he would be sick of me following him around by noon.

Great show guys. John certainly know's his stuff!

Great show. That was probably my favorite THP radio show of all time. He just has so much information. Do you what club that was that couldn't get off the ground for golfers?

Also really makes sense when you think of weighting in the shafts throughout your bag. Something to really consider and now makes the Golftec analysis more intriuging. 3-4 strokes is alot to take off you score because of mishits with the less forgiving clubs. I've got all these thoughts running through my head right now lol. Thank you so much for the show!

I'm going to test that 3-4 shot idea since I'm going from MC(players cavity) to Razr X irons(GI).

Amazing show, I hope he comes back and does a live chat in the near future. Can we have him be the keynote speaker at The Morgan Cup

Back