Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I will say it again, Cobra staffers are going to be HOOKED up

I missed this when I looked at the irons. Holy hell those things are awesome looking. Love this time of year seeing all the new stuff coming. Cobra is stepping up to the plate big time.

Got to swing these at the Atlantic City Tour Van stop. Thanks to Cobra for sending us some great pre-release equipment. These things were certainly the topic of conversation on the range. At first it was because of the colors, but it quickly turned in to a conversation about the performance. I think for all that liked the AMP driver, you will definitely like this. Had a nice sound to it, which still sounds funny when talking about Cobra drivers, and offered plenty of forgiveness. I felt like I couldn't miss with this driver. The different color heads did not bother me one bit, which I thought they would. In fact after a couple of swings the color wasn't even in my train of thought anymore. To me the coolest thing about this was the fact that when you changed the loft, it actually would tell you what loft setting you had it on. No more guessing, no more looking at R or L, + or -. You would easily see your driver setup go from 10.5, to 9.5.

The only downside was the headcover. It was the same style as the AMP with the handle, although it looked like it was hit with a bunch of different color paintballs. The handle with the slots is the thing that bothered me, just like it did with the AMP.

Overall I thought it was a great package and one that I will be looking forward to trying again when it's released.

Agreed on the headcover.

Agreed on the headcover.

in the end though it's not a big deal. Rarely do I use the OEM driver head cover anyway. But nowadays it's like an added bonus when you get one like the Classic.

For sure. It's not a deal-breaker in any way.

these look amazing. i'll take one now please.
that MyFly + SmartPad is awesome technology. another great offering from Cobra.

Last edited by a moderator:
and it's easy adjustability because it tells you what you are set at!

Some of the coolest adjustability we have seen IMO.

I liked it, just not the stock shaft personally. Cobra is impressing me, that's for sure.

I didn't pay any attention to the color or the head cover.
What I did pay attention to was this is one Kicka$$ offering from Cobra.
This Driver flat out worked beyond believe at the AC Tour Stop.
This Driver and 3 Wood is on my list of must haves.

Thanks THP and Cobra for making these available to hit and drool over.

I didn't pay any attention to the color or the head cover.
What I did pay attention to was this is one Kicka$$ offering from Cobra.
This Driver flat out worked beyond believe at the AC Tour Stop.
This Driver and 3 Wood is on my list of must haves.

Thanks THP and Cobra for making these available to hit and drool over.

I was just gearing up to hit that driver when the monsoon hit in A/C! Gotta give it a whack as soon as I see one. Really like the blue one for some reason!

this thing looks DEEP. For those that have seen/hit these, can you confirm that? I haven't had all of my coffee yet this morning so maybe it is just me.

Sounds like a solid driver. Still think being properly fit is the only way to go. No driver has tempted me since being fit. Flexibility of this driver seems like it will make it that much easier for someone to be fit.

This was the driver I hit best at the demo day in Des Moines. The R11s was a close second, but I loved this driver. The three wood was very good too.

The second I showed up on the range for the Des Moines THP Tour stop someone handed me the fw and I was like wow....this is awesome. Then someone else handed me the driver and I didn't let go of it until it was time to put everything away. I love what Cobra has done with this line and cannot wait to get a hold of one for more AMP action! Great work Cobra!

this thing looks DEEP. For those that have seen/hit these, can you confirm that? I haven't had all of my coffee yet this morning so maybe it is just me.

The face looked very similar to the AMP from what I remember. Sort of in the middle.

Why, yes. I will be interested in trying this Saturday. Awesome.

*I love my current driver*

I want this one badly. In the past I've been a critic of Cobra drivers but with the introduction of this model they've shut my mouth and put a smile on my face. It has everything you could want in a driver, adjustability, forgiveness, and creativity; all of those add up to the total package of an awesome freaking driver. Without a doubt I hit this one more than anything at the CLT stop, I think I had one bad result from the lot and that was due to a bad swing, everything else was little fades or dead straight. It didn't matter where on the face I made contact the ball flight stayed very consistent and I didn't have much perceived distance loss.

Home Run Cobra!

That is a lot of tech packed in there, and I like it. I'll take the Amp Cell 10.5* draw in Barbados Red please. Freaking sweet

The second I showed up on the range for the Des Moines THP Tour stop someone handed me the fw and I was like wow....this is awesome. Then someone else handed me the driver and I didn't let go of it until it was time to put everything away. I love what Cobra has done with this line and cannot wait to get a hold of one for more AMP action! Great work Cobra!

For sure dude, I could certainly rock some AMP Cell'age in the top of my bag.

ONE MILLION TIMES YES!

THIS WAS MY BABY AT THE AC EVENT!

What an amazing driver. You know it's good when a crowd gathers around you to watch you hit it. I need to Forum Test this!

This is what I was so impressed with. Same sound and feel of the AMP that most seemed to really like, but adding some tech that might be the easiest to use out there is just perfect.

JB, was the Driver I hit at the AC event the Tour or the Offset version? What was the shaft/loft as well?

Anyone other than JB remember? I was too deep in Ponder Mode (more like Lust Mode) to remember the details

I took a few cuts with the AMP Cell in St. Louis, but unfortunately I picked up a Regular flex driver, so obviously, I wasn't seeing too terrific of results on the range. I did love the look and the way the driver set up at address. Had a nice sound to it and even though I wasn't swinging the right set up, the face had a real springy feel to it. With the right shaft in it for me, this one may be something to keep an eye on for next season.

man, I was bombing this driver. I need more time with this

Back