Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I've found the hosel and the damage isn't as bad as I figured it would be. Well struck balls are amazing. Miss a little and its ok. If you think this iron will bail you out of major misses on the toe and heel, you are looking in the wrong place. I love mine. I also know that, when I've done well they reward me. When I put a really bad swing, they laugh at me.

I couldn't be happier with these irons. Even though everyone who picks them up says they feel like sledgehammers they seem to work for me. I even really like the GW in this set, it goes the distance its supposed to haha. High ball flight, stop on a dime and look gorgeous in the bag. What more could you ask for?

they are sledge hammers lol, a pure shot with them is so addicting. Such a heavy hitting iron. Might be why they feel so good.

they are sledge hammers lol, a pure shot with them is so addicting. Such a heavy hitting iron. Might be why they feel so good.
Haha that they are. I need to get a scale and see what these come in at. I just picked up another set of irons I have here with PX LZ 6.0 in them and they felt like graphite they felt so much lighter. The LZ 6.5s are 125g vs the 120g 6.0 no way I could tell that just by picking them up.

I think you would have too, and thats not a knock AT ALL on the other irons....but these are truly special, plus, you have the ballstriking to play them!
Hey, quit making him feel good about himself. I like my opponents deflated and lacking confidence.

Haha that they are. I need to get a scale and see what these come in at. I just picked up another set of irons I have here with PX LZ 6.0 in them and they felt like graphite they felt so much lighter. The LZ 6.5s are 125g vs the 120g 6.0 no way I could tell that just by picking them up.

wonder if the MIM process results in a heavier head, since more “impurities” are cooked out. They definitely have a heavy hit like the Miura’s do.

I've found the hosel and the damage isn't as bad as I figured it would be. Well struck balls are amazing. Miss a little and its ok. If you think this iron will bail you out of major misses on the toe and heel, you are looking in the wrong place. I love mine. I also know that, when I've done well they reward me. When I put a really bad swing, they laugh at me.

these are way more forgiving laterally then the t100 I came from. Almost funny the stuff I’ve gotten away with.

these are way more forgiving laterally then the t100 I came from. Almost funny the stuff I’ve gotten away with.
Can't wait to see you're game out in Vegas!!! This trip is going to be so much fun.

I hit some absolute perfect iron shots today into some concrete greens that wouldn’t hold the ball. I was lusting after the new T200s just watching and ready reviews… no chance! Firmly planted in the bag.

mine swing weighted at D7, a literal sledge hammer lol

mine swing weighted at D7, a literal sledge hammer lol
o_O wowsers. Cobra site says they should be D2-D3 with 120g $-tapers.

All this talk about these feeling heavy has my interest. I tend to love and play well with a heavier head.

I currently have a set of copper Forged Tecs but don't love the short irons as much as I want to.

So I'm thinking of adding some Tours.

The logical set composition for gapping would seem to be Tour GW/PW, FT 9 upwards.

Any thoughts on this?

The 7 -9 really have more forgiveness than what some may think. Find a store and give them a hit. Best way to find out.

Unfortunately where I am (Sydney Australia) is in an extended lockdown, so no trial.

I switch to hybrids at 26* which means with my Forged Tecs my longest iron is the 30* 7. It's my 160ish club.

The main reason I'm a fan of modern stronger lofts is because it also increases the gapping.

If I went with the Tours all the way through the irons I assume I would need to add in the 29* 6 iron, which means an extra club.

Which means I'd have to drop a club at the top or bottom of the bag. My current setup of 5 hybrids (if I class the Cobra F6 Baffler as a hybrid rather than a fairway) at 16.5, 19, 21, 24 & 27 with each set up via adjustable hosels to do a certain job in terms of distance and shot shape is working well for me so I am reluctant to drop one of them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately where I am (Sydney Australia) is in an extended lockdown, so no trial.

I switch to hybrids at 26* which means with my Forged Tecs my longest iron is the 30* 7. It's my 160ish club.

The main reason I'm a fan of modern stronger lofts is because it also increases the gapping.

If I went with the Tours all the way through the irons I assume I would need to add in the 29* 6 iron, which means an extra club.

Which means I'd have to drop a club at the top or bottom of the bag. My current setup of 5 hybrids (if I class the Cobra F6 Baffler as a hybrid rather than a fairway) at 16.5, 19, 21, 24 & 27 with each set up via adjustable hosels to do a certain job in terms of distance and shot shape is working well for me so I am reluctant to drop one of them.
When I gave this a look at this during a fitting we were going to run two 8 irons but it sounds like that might not be an option given the rest of your bag.

You may be able to get the GW and PW bent a touch strong to help with gapping. You may not need it but without testing it's hard to say. Given I find it easier to lay off one then step on it a bit of bunching can be manageable, ymmv.

Anyone still gaming these besides us couple Morgan Cuppers? I actually came across a guy in my league that has the standard version and he was very envious of my copper haha. They definitely garner some attention on course. I'm going on record and saying these are the most accurate irons I have gamed in quite some time. :oops:

Anyone still gaming these besides us couple Morgan Cuppers? I actually came across a guy in my league that has the standard version and he was very envious of my copper haha. They definitely garner some attention on course. I'm going on record and saying these are the most accurate irons I have gamed in quite some time. :oops:
I'm not, but I found out on Sunday when we ran into him that one of the store guys I know here is playing them. I spotted them in a bag from a pretty good distance, realized it was his and ran over to talk to him. I thought it was pretty cool that a guy who tries just about everything and can get it all at cost chose them as his personal set for the summer.

I'm not, but I found out on Sunday when we ran into him that one of the store guys I know here is playing them. I spotted them in a bag from a pretty good distance, realized it was his and ran over to talk to him. I thought it was pretty cool that a guy who tries just about everything and can get it all at cost chose them as his personal set for the summer.
That is pretty darn cool actually. I've hit a lot of irons this year and these are in my top 3 regardless of Morgan Cup. They are really good irons.

I’ve hit most irons and to my preference I can’t find anything to replace them unless I wanted to go Game Improvement

Got my MIM Tour PW in Monday. Got out for 7 or 8 holes last night. It's a perfect replacement for the OL GW. It took a couple swings to get the feel, but my inside 100 yard partial swing club is back. This thing is noticable heavier than my SB wedges, but that is a good thing when cutting through thick rough. Ready for Vegas.

That is pretty darn cool actually. I've hit a lot of irons this year and these are in my top 3 regardless of Morgan Cup. They are really good irons.
I always thought that these would be a really good fit for your game. I am glad that you are enjoying them.

Do you think the blade length is longer than the T100?

I literally cannot say enough good things about these irons. I do not find them difficult to hit at all and they are more forgiving than they look. Even catching a few bottom grooves last week I didn't lose much distance and they stayed on line. Confidence is growing every time I hit them. I think the copper is wearing well too I really only have one mark on a club face due to some sand or a rock maybe and otherwise normal stuff. Definitely am not wearing a dime sized ball mark in the center though haha

I literally cannot say enough good things about these irons. I do not find them difficult to hit at all and they are more forgiving than they look. Even catching a few bottom grooves last week I didn't lose much distance and they stayed on line. Confidence is growing every time I hit them. I think the copper is wearing well too I really only have one mark on a club face due to some sand or a rock maybe and otherwise normal stuff. Definitely am not wearing a dime sized ball mark in the center though haha
Could you post a picture of the wear when you get a chance.

Back