Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

Could you post a picture of the wear when you get a chance.
Yes absolutely. I don't have clubs with me today but I have been meaning to do that

Definitely am not wearing a dime sized ball mark in the center though

Penny?

I think I'd cry if I left a mark with a squirrely shot that pops up too often lately. Those irons are gorgeous.

Penny?

I think I'd cry if I left a mark with a squirrely shot that pops up too often lately. Those irons are gorgeous.
Haha maybe a silver dollar? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My leading edges are all worn. Looks good. I’m tempted to take the copper off.

I have hit probably 200 shots with each iron and they have held up surprisingly well. No sand shots because most of my courses don’t have sand near the fairways. The under finish looks great.

I took my first full swing with this PW I got and hit it 115 yesterday. That is 10-15 yards further than I ever hit the RADSPEED GW at the same loft but 2" longer (One Length). Not sure what to think about that.

Last edited:
I took my first full swing with this PW I got and hit it 115 yesterday. That is further 10-15 yards than I ever hit the RADSPEED GW at the same loft but 2" longer (One Length). Not sure what to think about that.

they’re very impressive irons

Based on praise earlier in this thread for the short irons, I replaced the troublesome GW from my copper Forged Tecs with the MIM version.

It may be mind of matter, but I am certainly hitting it more solidly than the FT version. Better feel too. Against my previous fave (original PXG) it also felt better.

Now, of course, I'm thinking of adding the MIM PW.

:)

Based on praise earlier in this thread for the short irons, I replaced the troublesome GW from my copper Forged Tecs with the MIM version.

It may be mind of matter, but I am certainly hitting it more solidly than the FT version. Better feel too. Against my previous fave (original PXG) it also felt better.

Now, of course, I'm thinking of adding the MIM PW.

:)
The King Tour GW is LIGHT YEARS better than the Forged Tec GW. I loved the Forged Tecs but there was something off with that GW. You will love the PW too I'm sure ;)

@MarMill and everyone else here are the pics of wear. The wedges have the worst marks from bunkers or sand. Clubs were wiped down with a wet towel before taking photos. The black marks aren't really coming off but don't bother me much. As you can see I like to use the whole face :ROFLMAO:

PW
IMG_0371.jpg

GW
IMG_0372.jpg

9i
IMG_0373.jpg

This is the 9i held at a different angle, it's not noticeable at address but it is wearing.
IMG_0374.jpg

That looks really good for wear.

Yeah, those look good.

#chromearmy reporting for duty…. ;)

How comfortable am I with the MIM Tour PW as my primary club inside 100? Here is my usage from Saturday which is my first full round I ever played with it. I set up 8 one putts with these shots. Screenshot_20210830-113511.jpg

Hopefully the ACCRA steel arrive this week to get installed in these. (y)

While I’m waiting on a rogue 9-iron shaft to show up so I can reshaft the whole set, I’ve taken the 9i out with the Elevate X100 in it the past week and it’s been fun to hit these again. They’re bigger than what I’ve beeb playing, but not big at all, and the feel remains as good as I remembered it.

Played 18 yesterday for the first time in three weeks. I feel in love all over again with these irons. I had my best ball striking day ever and really enjoyed my round. Hit every Par 3 in reg. Some of the distances on Arccos look funny because of elevation changes but they done exactly what I expected.

I can confirm sand is the enemy of these copper irons. If you don’t want to see wear don’t hit them on sandy ranges or out of bunkers. It’s not terribly noticeable at address but if you look I can see how it could be bothersome. For me I don’t care I love the satin copper look and the lack of glare. Plus some wear gives them character

These are being installed today. :love:

16F1BDF7-A2FC-4049-8904-01EB26CDFC20.jpeg2997F893-D881-440F-895B-9C91C85E2380.jpeg

It’s ACCRA debut day….. 👀

I will be turning down the ferrules tonight (y)

6F4F3BCA-13BD-49EC-AF25-5CC6973E9DC8.jpeg77F4B2DB-3D7E-4D02-B4F5-B45F67E896C1.jpeg80B528D8-2092-44F3-ABDB-120C6C465C84.jpeg

Back