drivers - distance or workability?

drivers - distance or workability?

• Total voters

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
would you prefer a driver that was longer off the tee but only went right or left
or would you prefer a driver that you could shape shots with?

i have more than a few drivers but 2 i use all the time depending on the course
one driver i can just crush but it normally stays on the right side of the course... i cant hook/draw it to save my life
the other driver is 15-20 yrds shorter but i can hit draws/fades hooks/slices... basically shape any shot i want

i seriously prefer the shorter driver because even tho the other gets distance it can be frustrating on dogleg lefts

I love using a tour head 430 cc or smaller. I love being able to hit a cut or a draw off the tee.

I prefer the workability so I can handle the doglegs that are opposite my natural shape. I have an adjustable driver like most do these days and always play it neutral.

I prefer the option to be able to work the ball. As we all know, there are some holes on most golf courses that are not receptive to a big power fade or hook eveytime. Distance is not what it was a few years back so working the ball is the ticket for me.

Give me one that goes straight and goes 260-270 everytime lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm not a huge worker of the ball like i use to be. i much prefer the long, straight ball.

If I work the ball, it wasn't intentional and it probably didn't "work" out very well for me hehe

I don't care if I can shape it to the right or shape it to the left.I just want it to go strait and where I intended it to go. If I get more yards so much the better.

Does my snap hooks count as working the ball?

I'm not a worker of the ball but if I could find a driver that was long with the same flight everytime I would take that over workability any day.

I am already straight, especially with the E6 ball, but too short only 190-200.
Gonna buy me a new driver. A Burner or Diablo has to be longer than the $10 buck stick I'm swingin now, no?

Love to be able to do the longer, straighter drives.....

Like many here, I want my driver to be straight and long. If there's a shorter dog leg that I will run out of fairway on if I hit a straight drive I will do one of 3 things:
1) Hit a hybrid or other club to the corner of the dog leg and live with the long approach shot.
2) Hit my 3 wood that I can work a little more consistently around the corner.
3) Hit the driver over the corner of the dog leg if tree height permits.

Want the driver to be as straight and as long as I can hit it. Like to be able to work a 3 wood or the irons but would rather the length off the tee.

When I try to shape my driver, I tend to overshape it into a hook or a slice. I'd be fine with a single direction and distance.

Prefer long and straight over working the ball. As a high handicapper, trying to work the ball normally ends in the woods.

As most have said, straight is better. I'd even give up some distance to get the ball on the short grass all the time.

great replies... thanks guys
i think i might change my mind and just use the longer driver(but point a lil more left) haha

Straight distance is all i really care about in a driver , i can hit a draw with it but , i'm still scared of trying to fade my driver at all . I am scared i will start hitting those slices that keep going and going like i did the first 6 months i played , and it took me forever to get rid of that slice and i dont wanna go back, EVER . I am long off of the tee and iv not met a right dogleg yet , that i cant use my 3-wood on so , i aint worried about working my driver right .

long and straight please. If I need to work the ball off the tee I'll try my 5w or a hybrid

I'll take the extra distance and a predictable ball flight each time. If it was distance and not knowing which way, it might be different.

Another vote here for straight and long...

"Why hit around when you can hit it over?" Famous quote from an unfamous friend.

Back