Energy Drinks & Shots

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing is better to me than that first cup of coffee in the morning, but once in a while in the afternoon, I need that pick me up. So one of those drinks is perfect. Problem is that many times they are absolutely terrible for you. But they work. And worst of all, I like the taste of a lot of them.

Between the shots and the drinks, it is far too easy to not get a good night's sleep. But I like them.

Not the typical JB thread, but interesting stuff.

I love the taste of a lot of them too. I use 5hr energy when I really need it. I doubt it works, but the commercial says it does.

Forum testing? :D

You are right though.....catch 22: they work and taste good but terrible for you but I guess you could say the same thing for many items that we eat, etc.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I've never had one. I sometimes get jittery from too much coffee and I can't imagine what would happen if I had one of those drinks

Nothing is better to me than that first cup of coffee in the morning, but once in a while in the afternoon, I need that pick me up. So one of those drinks is perfect. Problem is that many times they are absolutely terrible for you. But they work. And worst of all, I like the taste of a lot of them.

Between the shots and the drinks, it is far too easy to not get a good night's sleep. But I like them.

I hear ya, like you I love the taste of them and they do work. I try to avoid them after 3pm because then I'm up til after midnight and will need another the next day.

JB, you've seen what a couple of 5 hour energy's do to me, lol.

There are healthier energy drink options out there. Go to your local health food store, they'll have some. All you're doing is giving your body a massive dose of b vitamins.

• Admin
Not the typical JB thread, but interesting stuff.

I love the taste of a lot of them too. I use 5hr energy when I really need it. I doubt it works, but the commercial says it does.

I fear a lot of the shots can be really bad on the ole kidneys, so I try to stay away from them. A couple of them are pretty good.
The drinks are tough for me. In the mornings when I play golf, I dont want to make a cup of coffee or have time to drink something slow.
I will pick up a can at the store and get teh same effect that I get from my coffee. I often wonder what it is doing to my insides, but not enough to get me to stop...hehe.

Rockstar Punch is fantastic by the way.

Man all those herbs probably gonna give you some kind of nervous system damage heh. I know Guarana is awful for you.

Know what you mean. I am not much of a coffee drinker so some mornings I'll grab a red bull and sip on that during my 30+ min commute.

The worst is when I throw some vodka in the mix, not something you want to drink a half dozen or more of and attempt to get any sleep that night.

I fear a lot of the shots can be really bad on the ole kidneys, so I try to stay away from them. A couple of them are pretty good.
The drinks are tough for me. In the mornings when I play golf, I dont want to make a cup of coffee or have time to drink something slow.
I will pick up a can at the store and get teh same effect that I get from my coffee. I often wonder what it is doing to my insides, but not enough to get me to stop...hehe.

Rockstar Punch is fantastic by the way.

Yeah, I try and stay away from those too, but on long drives, I just need them.

There was a Purple Rockstar that one of the shaft companies(I want to say Matrix?) had outside their trailer at the AT&T in a cooler, He gave me one and it was so delicious. It was kinda flat, but had a tiny bit of carbonation. Loaded with sugar(i think) and deliciousness. I never got the name of it, but it sounds like it could be the Punch, is that what I am thinking of?

Either way, when they left for the day I went back and stocked up.

I love Rockstar's Low Carb drink. It tastes awesome and you don't have the sugar crash...plus there are only maybe 20 calories in it. At my company, my addiction is known and if I have a big meeting or presentation my boss calls me before hand to be sure I have my Rockstar. It's like I'm Popeye and it's my spinach.

Stay away from Monster Low Carb. It tastes like sunblock smells.

Yeah, I try and stay away from those too, but on long drives, I just need them.

There was a Purple Rockstar that one of the shaft companies(I want to say Matrix?) had outside their trailer at the AT&T in a cooler, He gave me one and it was so delicious. It was kinda flat, but had a tiny bit of carbonation. Loaded with sugar(i think) and deliciousness. I never got the name of it, but it sounds like it could be the Punch, is that what I am thinking of?

Either way, when they left for the day I went back and stocked up.

Rockstar Punch is loaded with sugar I am sure. It is red though, not purple.

I have been known to partake of a 5 Hour Energy once in a while. I am different I guess in that I HATE the taste of almost all of them. They taste like liquefied-Pixie Stix for the most part.

I like the Clif products. Taste decent are relatively low calorie (except for the bars) and have just enough caffeine to keep you going, with some carbs throw in as well.

I can drink black coffee. Morning, noon, or night. The caffine doesn't keep me up at night.

I like the 5 Hr. shots, I don't that Suger Let down like I do from the evergy drinks

I've never had an energy drink or shot and don't desire to. No reason, I just don't have any interest.

When I need a pick me up I'll just drink more water. When your body is run down during the day and you begin to yawn that usually means you're under-hydrated

Love me some Monster or NOS. To me they both taste great, but I know they are probably going to be the end of me. Usually do pretty good without them, just one cup of coffee in the morning. Some afternoons though, really need that pick me up.

I dink a Mountain Dew or a cup of coffee and feel like I'm going to explode. I stay away from the energy drinks. Had a couple Rockstars while all night fishing on Lake Michigan on time. They didn't agree with me.

Kevin

Red, Blue, and White Rockstars.
Blue Monster
Any Redbull
Any Amp

I love them all. The Lemonade Rockstar is good too. Especially with vodka. Still prefer coffee in the am though.

Red, Blue, and White Rockstars.
Blue Monster
Any Redbull
Any Amp

I love them all. The Lemonade Rockstar is good too. Especially with vodka. Still prefer coffee in the am though.

The white rockstar is great, and red bull is addicting as anything I have ever had in my life.

I am an energy drink junkie. On those morning when it's hot and humid here in Florida, a redbull/rockstar just sounds much better than a hot cup of coffee, especially when you are outside.

Coming from the resident drunk.....

Drink a 5 hour energy before you start a good night of "I am getting wasted". you will wake up the next morning feeling better than if you hadnt.

I will on occasion partake in a 5hour energy in the afternoons, or when I'm taking a late or long drive. Coffee in the morning is dependent on the rest of the day meaning I don't drink it every morning... because I almost daily drink an espresso based Starbucks drink at lunch. If I get that too late, then I'm up all night. Same with a Mountain Dew at dinner.

I drink a redbull too when I get those early rounds in with buddies. I like Redbull and 5hour energy, but that's about all the "energy" drinks you'll see me with.

I drink them often. I'm fond of the blue full throttle and the orange nos. I sink the on almost a Daly basis

The 5hr energy is like the Titleist 910 of energy shots... It just doesnt work for me and I find it highly overrated.

I love my occasional monster in the am. The Monster 0 of course, I'm trying to stay leaner.

Back