Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering a 14th club for the bag. I'm thinking it should go between my 4 wood and m4, but I'm asking all of you what you would do. 4 wood is 17*, m4 is 23, and my 5 iron is 26*. I'm thinking I should fill the gap with an m3.

Rest of the bag looks like this, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, 52, 56, 60 (wedges need bent to 50-54-58)

What would you do?

I agree, I would get a 20* hybrid. Do you hit your M4 well? If so, adding another hybrid could fill your gap nicely.

Yes it was spur of the moment think the guy wanted drug money i wasnt going to play them i love my Di's. Just wasnt sure if it was a steal or not

While the x20's are a few models old, they actually re-released them last year with the new grooves (NG on them) because they were such a popular set of irons. $300 isn't a steal either way, you can get them on the bay for less than that.

Got to put the VR wedges on a monitor today. Oh my :)

Honestly, I've never hit a better wedge. I thought the 588 was the end all be all of wedges until this one. Hit the 54/12 and 58/10, loved the results from both. Never had a 54 that I could hit so high when I wanted to. The guy running the monitor in the both next to me shouted "no lob shots!" I had to quickly inform him I wasn't hitting lobs :) The ball just gets up quickly and drops.

I'm beside myself with these wedges, it'll be a few long weeks until I can put them in my bag.

--
tapatalk

Honestly, I've never hit a better wedge. I thought the 588 was the end all be all of wedges until this one. Hit the 54/12 and 58/10, loved the results from both. Never had a 54 that I could hit so high when I wanted to. The guy running the monitor in the both next to me shouted "no lob shots!" I had to quickly inform him I wasn't hitting lobs :) The ball just gets up quickly and drops.

I'm beside myself with these wedges, it'll be a few long weeks until I can put them in my bag.

--
tapatalk

I've been wanting to give these a shot and now that you're saying they're in the 588 category I'm super tempted to just buy a couple shortly.

I've been wanting to give these a shot and now that you're saying they're in the 588 category I'm super tempted to just buy a couple shortly.

I'm not exaggerating at all either dude. They're just that good. For me I'm very resistant to change if I have something that works, but today was truly eye opening for me. Give them a whirl man, I think you will like the results.

--
tapatalk

I'm not pondering a purchase as much as a club removal. My 4i has been working so well for me lately that I've been considering pulling my 4h out of my bag. I'm finding a little less distance with my 4i but much more accurate than my 4h. Does anyone else play a 4h and a 4i in their bag??

Do it CL!!! They are wicked.

I'm about to put some irons up for sale so it will be done as soon as they get sold. The rest of the cash goes to the outing fund!

I'm not pondering a purchase as much as a club removal. My 4i has been working so well for me lately that I've been considering pulling my 4h out of my bag. I'm finding a little less distance with my 4i but much more accurate than my 4h. Does anyone else play a 4h and a 4i in their bag??

A friend of mine does. He uses the 4i for punches and anything requiring a lower trajectory. The 4h is used to get the ball up and hold the green or to play a power draw. It's unconventional, but he hits both in the 230 range, and each has an important spot in his bag.

Tap before talk.

And then all my plans and pondering went out the window, just like windows xp and everything else on my lap top. I really had not planned on buying a new bloody computer now, I was hoping to buy the Cobra S3`s instead. But I can`t check out the THP site without a computer, so I just have to spend the dollars.

--
tapatalk

I bet those weeks turn into days the more you ponder and remember how good they felt SW! Hehe

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I bet those weeks turn into days the more you ponder and remember how good they felt SW! Hehe

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

i bet they do as well, im guessing under a week and you will cave and buy them:bananadance:

SW, you are making me want to go hit those wedges again.

I'm pondering grips right now. Either Lamkin Crossline or Winn PCI hybrids I think.

Hawk have you tried the VDR's? I put them on an iron today and love them!

I haven't but I'd like to check them out. I really like the Winn PCI for performance, but love the look of the Lamkin. I'd almost buy a set of FG Tour wedges just for those grips hehe. Seriously though, I need to look into some for an iron set. The stock grips are downright slippery in the humidity.

SW, you are making me want to go hit those wedges again.

I'm pondering grips right now. Either Lamkin Crossline or Winn PCI hybrids I think.

Hawk have you tried the VDR's? I put them on an iron today and love them!

+1 CL, I put them on my wedges and driver and 3 wood, and I loved them so much they are my grips for the MOrgan Cup.

CB I think these are my new grips as well. About everything you could ask for in a grip. Maybe they could have some more color choices.

CB I think these are my new grips as well. About everything you could ask for in a grip. Maybe they could have some more color choices.

Agreed, I play with midsize grips and we only have the black with white stripes, but for the quality of the grip and how much I like them, they are a steal at what they sell for.

Yeah I couldn't believe how cheap they were

what grips are u guys talking about? I could use a regripping and don't care about looks.

Golf pride VDR's

I am considering a new grip for my driver. The stock GP Tour Velvet is nice...but if I hit a little off the toe (not that I ever do...lol) the club jerks in my grip and the shot goes to @#$%.

Need to replace the grip on my 58*, too but I think you kids have me on the VDR train...but the Lamkin Permawrap Classic is a pretty strong contender, too.

I like last year's UST grips quite a bit. I have one on my driver and it's great.

I like last year's UST grips quite a bit. I have one on my driver and it's great.

I found that they wore quickly, similar to Winn grips. They did feel nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back