Extreme Makeover: Putter Edition

I hope so too, Duey. Put a lot of non-traditionalist design on this puppy and it was almost a complete overhaul.

Hey Spanks where did you go to do the refinishing? I just picked up a used Cameron and I'm thinking about getting it done.

Hey Spanks where did you go to do the refinishing? I just picked up a used Cameron and I'm thinking about getting it done.

Putterlounge.com

They deal with a lot of SC's... like 70/30. You'll see when you look at their portfolio.

Putterlounge.com

They deal with a lot of SC's... like 70/30. You'll see when you look at their portfolio.

Been up and down that sight all last night. That and along with BOSGolf. From what I've read on here and other places I'm leaning towards putterlounge. and.... I swear I saw a picture of your putter on their website , they must be proud of your putter too.

Been up and down that sight all last night. That and along with BOSGolf. From what I've read on here and other places I'm leaning towards putterlounge. and.... I swear I saw a picture of your putter on their website , they must be proud of your putter too.

Not on their site but they put it on their Facebook page. I think they told me that they did 2 other SeeMores other than mine but in different finishes. They've been getting a lot of orders (especially for their candy white finish). They do great work on a lot of SC's as you can see. They'll take care of you and I can vouch for that.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished product Spank!

Guess I need to raid the shed for some of my old putters and pick one to send one off. I have an old BullsEye that would look pretty cool all fancied up.

Not on their site but they put it on their Facebook page. I think they told me that they did 2 other SeeMores other than mine but in different finishes. They've been getting a lot of orders (especially for their candy white finish). They do great work on a lot of SC's as you can see. They'll take care of you and I can vouch for that.

Yeah it was nice checking out the different finishes on the site. The putter they used for examples was the exact same Pro Platinum newport I just got so I'm confident in knowing how it'll look.
Its rough right now cuz I've turned in my taxes already and know how much i'm getting back. The tough part is not spending that money before I get it

Edit: I like the candy white but I'll probably go with their black oxide. I'm thinking shiny on the bottom and a flat matte black on top. Cost was far cheaper than I expected too when I was checking out the website. The whole thing will probably coast me under $160. Just a refinish and a few letter stampings. The face is in great condition for being 10 years old so I don't htink I'm going to have them remill the face.

Yeah it was nice checking out the different finishes on the site. The putter they used for examples was the exact same Pro Platinum newport I just got so I'm confident in knowing how it'll look.
Its rough right now cuz I've turned in my taxes already and know how much i'm getting back. The tough part is not spending that money before I get it

Are you thinking of going white as well? That onyx black oxide finish looks pretty tight too.

Are you thinking of going white as well? That onyx black oxide finish looks pretty tight too.

Check my edit on the last post. Yeah I like the Black oxide a little better

Check my edit on the last post. Yeah I like the Black oxide a little better

That would be a great combo. I would've been worried that the onyx might incur glare especially in cloudless Vegas. That was my 2nd option but glad I went with the white.

That would be a great combo. I would've been worried that the onyx might incur glare especially in cloudless Vegas. That was my 2nd option but glad I went with the white.

yeah glare is an issue on my mind. I actually like the shiny black oxide finish better but i'm worried that glare will be a problem on the top of a putter

yeah glare is an issue on my mind. I actually like the shiny black oxide finish better but i'm worried that glare will be a problem on the top of a putter

I do too but I saw that Scotty with the "Go Navy" stamping on it and that had a super reflective surface and it was shot outdoors. Imagine that in Vegas sun. :D
I'd go with what you had in mind.

Sweet FGP there Spank818. Thinking about refinishing mine.

Putterlounge said that refinishing the face is not USGA allowed? Did they say why? It kind of confuses me with everything they do allow be done to a putter face (but I think they like to confuse golfers).

Sweet FGP there Spank818. Thinking about refinishing mine.

Putterlounge said that refinishing the face is not USGA allowed? Did they say why? It kind of confuses me with everything they do allow be done to a putter face (but I think they like to confuse golfers).

I think it's just their process (maybe even just the candy white) that's not allowed. I think they just haven't filed appropriate paperwork with USGA for them to allow it. I'm sure it falls under the "you can't do anything to equipment that would impart an unfair advantage unless approved by USGA" guidelines. I'm sure if it gets popular enough that they'll take the necessary steps to alleviate that.

I do too but I saw that Scotty with the "Go Navy" stamping on it and that had a super reflective surface and it was shot outdoors. Imagine that in Vegas sun. :D
I'd go with what you had in mind.

I think I'm going with shiny black oxide on the bottom, and the flat black on top. Gonna hem and haw over the paint fill colors for about a week though. Sedning it in next Wednesday cuz I'm playing this Wednesday, Sunday and nest Tuesday. Lots of pics will be taken.

I think I'm going with shiny black oxide on the bottom, and the flat black on top. Gonna hem and haw over the paint fill colors for about a week though. Sedning it in next Wednesday cuz I'm playing this Wednesday, Sunday and nest Tuesday. Lots of pics will be taken.

Yes, please! Post them on here and you can do your big reveal. Move that bus!

I think it's just their process (maybe even just the candy white) that's not allowed. I think they just haven't filed appropriate paperwork with USGA for them to allow it. I'm sure it falls under the "you can't do anything to equipment that would impart an unfair advantage unless approved by USGA" guidelines. I'm sure if it gets popular enough that they'll take the necessary steps to alleviate that.

OK, thanks for the info. Cann't wait to see your finished putter.

Yes, please! Post them on here and you can do your big reveal. Move that bus!

haha. I will, and I might just send it out tomrroow. You got me excited spank.

Sorry for the bit of a delay. I didn't have enough time to sit down and update this puppy. So here are the pics that Willis sent me. They actually did something new with my shaft. They haven't decided what to call it yet. He said something along the lines of "Custom Color Graphics". Their engraving process ended up way too dark on the shaft where you could barely see the graphics so they decided to guinea pig on mine which I was more than happy to oblige. Ok, enough talking, here goes:

seemore_FGP1_face.jpg

seemore_FGP1_back.jpg

seemore_FGP1_nyu.jpg

seemore_FGP1_qtraddress.jpg

Hopefully in a few days I'll have in hand pics which there is one more tweak I have to do to it. It's relatively simple that anyone can do. :D

Beauty Spanks!! Just a beauty!!

Very nice Spank!

Sweetness!
I don't want to be around you when you get your first grass stain on that baby!

pretty slick Spank
I'm guessing you're pretty satisfied with the way it's turning out

Back