Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

It's hard to get started on this site. For someone new like myself. Posting on why you would like to be a tester seems like an easy in-road. I don't discount the fact that several probably hundred to thousand people have been here way longer. Seeing now that I would have no way to be a part of anything that you all do here is kind of sad and I will probably move on.

Wow. Really? So you really are here just for the free stuff?

Seeing now that I would have no way to be a part of anything that you all do here is kind of sad and I will probably move on.

Huh? You can be a part of this great forum with wonderful forum members. And in time becoming active could lead to testing. But THP is not a place for someone to come on and say "if you send me gear, I will talk more on the forum". I hope it makes sense, because we would love to have you become more active.

It's hard to get started on this site. For someone new like myself. Posting on why you would like to be a tester seems like an easy in-road. I don't discount the fact that several probably hundred to thousand people have been here way longer. Seeing now that I would have no way to be a part of anything that you all do here is kind of sad and I will probably move on.

This isnt for this part of the forum, but no one is saying that. We all started at zero posts same as you. I have only been here for about 3 months and in that time have become a tester. Just be active. This forum is so much more than equipment, but if you just want free stuff I would say this isnt the place for you.

Another fantastic opportunity for the great community here at THP.

I've only just started playing with my new Ping irons and will sit this one out as I don't think I'd be able to do it justice and would rather see the chance to test this new offering from Adams go to someone else.

Edit - however it's just coming into Summer here in NZ and the good weather lasts until March/April so I have plenty of testing time later this golf season :)

Thanks THP and Adams for this testing opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like another great testing oppurtunity. Thanks THP and Adams!

I will pass on these. Rather have someone who can hit a hybrid review these.

Thank you to THP and Adams for the oppurtunity to test these irons. I am sure they will be well represented here.

1. What irons do you currently play? I play the Srixon 701 Tours
2. What is your handicap index? 4.2 at this time
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? KBS 110 tours with a stiff flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have never been a big fan of the bigger headed irons. Not to say that they aren't good but I am a looks player and I have never given them a fair shake.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If chosen I would put these through their paces. Range time at first to get a feel for the clubs, shafts, mis-hits and pure strikes. Iwould share these with others on the range and grab their opinions to share with others. I think I would introduce them to my bag one at a time under real playing conditions but still owrking them all out on the range. I would then put them in the bag and play them as if they were my own clubs. You can't get a fair assesment if they are only used when you are goofing around. These would become my primary set through out the testing.
My activity level on THP is strong with contribution to club testing threads as well as the numerous other threads that are always coming up. I think I contribute a fair amount of my own threads to see what other THP members think, this will not change.

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MX 300
2. What is your handicap index? 12
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel - X-Stiff - Dynamic Gold X100
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? - I personally don't play them but, if they work, they work! Golf is a game about moving the ball forward, so if they do that, then people should really consider them. I think anything oversized can benefit just about any player, whether they admit it or not. Not to mention if they help people get into the game of golf. They definitely have their place in the game.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm on the course every Wednesday and Saturday with driving range sessions on Monday and Friday. I typically play by myself on Wednesdays to work on my game. I will typically hit 2-3 tee shots and play every ball. (Providing I'm not holding someone up.) This allows me to hit from an array of lies. If chosen, these irons will get a very good workout each week. I've been a THP member for a few years, but am best known as a 'forum stalker'. I read a lot, and only post when I can contribute to the thread. I don't post just to be posting.

Great opportunity here! I would love to throw my name in for this one as I sometimes wonder if a SGI set would help me at the level I'm currently playing. Unfortunately, our short season in the great white north won't allow me to test longer than a month-month and a half at this time! Good luck to everyone and thanks to THP and Adams!

I´m passing on applying to testing these as there´s not much time left to test this season, maybe a month or so. Will be interesting to read the testing though as I´ve never tried an Adams golf club!

Good luck to the future testers!!

I'm gonna let this one slip by because I have my hands full with the Burner 2.0 irons. Awesome opportunity, and I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts.

Awesome, another great testing opportunity! Big thanks to :thp: and :adams:!!!

I'll throw my hat in there...

1. What irons do you currently play? CG16 Black Pearl
2. What is your handicap index? 19.3 on OOB
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stock regular flex Cleveland steel shafts. +1"
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I prefer the look of smaller irons, however I realize that they may not always be the best thing for my game. Therefore I have no bias against oversized irons.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play on average twice a week, although that will be harder to keep up as we move into the fall months. I do plan to supplement that with additional practice sessions as I intend to keep things up this offseason! As for my activity on THP, I try to be as active as my work and personal life allow for. I'm not as active as many on here, but I try to post whenever I feel I have something to contribute.

Good luck to everyone!

This one is going to be really intruiging. I love to see all the different skill levels here too. hit the Redlines and was blown away, I think more people need to get in on this.

This one is going to be really intruiging. I love to see all the different skill levels here too. hit the Redlines and was blown away, I think more people need to get in on this.

Are you in on it Tmex? I think you should. I love your reviews.

I would love the opportunity do test these!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade RAC OS

2. What is your handicap index? 26.2 - Don't laugh, I don't cheat and it's getting better. I just need to putt better!

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True Temper Steel, Regular Flex

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I'm ok with them obviously since I already play them. My first iron set were Adams Idea A1's. I think these clubs are designed for a golfer like me in mind.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I currently play at least 27 holes a week regularly. I am not a daily poster here on THP, but I occasionally post new threads or chime in on topics that are relevant to me. I would start out by posting my feelings on the looks and feel of the irons. Then it's off to the driving range to test them along with my current set to have something to compare them to. After a few practice sessions to dial-in the distances, it's time to game these against my buds in our weekly stroke-play matches. I plan on having a running-thread that is updated a couple of times per week with photos, info, and tidbits that I have learned along the way about the Adams A12 OS irons.

1. What irons do you currently play?
TaylorMade TP MCs

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Steel, X Stiff, Dynamic Gold

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I think oversized irons offer a lot of forgiveness. Many of the newer oversized irons are very different for oversized irons of old. They also offer very good accuracy to go along with the forgiveness.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I am an active forum member and have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the testing process. I play gold around 2-3 x a month and I practice at least once but usually twice a week. I would update the forum after every round and practice session describing my experience from that day and evaluating the performance of the clubs.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Burner Plus
2. What is your handicap index? 14
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? stock steel shafts in the burner plus irons in stiff flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? they have to be easier to hit
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? been playing golf once a week and I am able to hit balls at work on a simulator. been away from the site for most of the summer because I was working a side job, but know that I am back in school I have time to get up here and get back in touch.

Another great testing opportunity and one that I'm very much looking forward to reading, as of late I've been pondering a hybrid set of irons as my iron play has been spotty as of late and this looks like a great set from one of the premier hybrid makers.

Mizuno JPX800
24 per OOBgolf.com
Steel True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?
I really like oversized irons, they give me the confidence that when I swing and make contact that it's going to get the ball up in the air and towards my target. The hybrid has changed my game for the better.
Testing plan would be multiple range sessions and rounds compared directly to my current set of irons and hybrids. I've been fairly active on THP as of late and I plan on continuing being an active member of THP I really enjoy all of the insights from all of the posters and it's helped my golf game immensely.

Callaway RXT irons

Steel, X stiff, KBS Tour

I don't care about about the size of an iron. I love hybrids. Love ripping them. I'm not too sure about a 6 iron or 7 iron with that bulbous cavity though. In the end, I like high, long, and straight. I assume these help with that.

I would put the irons through the paces. That would include range sessions and multiple rounds of golf, complete with photo and video feedback. My activity level on THP is decent. However, if selected I would probably participate a bit more on the forum.

Quite a few people jumping in for this. But I'm hoping this thread explodes.

I cant believe this fell off the home page. I figured there would be more entries than this by now.

Lets not worry about the entries as I assure everybody there will be tons and it will once again be a tough decision.
Lots of great testers in here and I cannot wait to hear there thoughts on this pre-release iron set.

2009 TM Burners
Steel, Stiff, stock shaft
A friend has some maxfli oversized irons and my first thought was ball flight. How would an oversized sole help a weekend golfer. I'm very interested in how hitting these affect ball flight along with forgiveness but more so how well you can shape shots with the oversized iron. Very interesting design thought.
Take pictures/videos of the club and of range sessions and out on the course. I would play atleast once a week and more than two range sessions in the same week. See the difference in ball slight and shaping shots between my current irons and in the oversized irons. Also see how well the forgiveness is in the club themselves. My activity has been very high on THP I continue putting my influence in different threads across THP. I also continue reading the reviews on the home pages and also welcome the new people daily.

Thanks to THP and Adams Golf. I'm interested in these club designs, they are very different in my opinion. It'll be fun to watch this thread.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Tour Burner 4-PW

2. What is your handicap index? 7.1

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Stiff (steel)

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have always been partial to a thinner iron with a small back cavity, but have never ruled out OS irons. I know a lot of golfers, at every skill level, that stand by OS irons and love them. I would be very open to giving OS irons a shot, as I have only gamed 3 sets of irons over the past 12 years...all of which have been thin. I'm also very interested in the Adams hybrid sets as well as their VST.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing process would begin with a long range session; getting used to the clubs as well as comparing them against my current set on all criteria. Then I'd take them to the course and game them for the rest of the fall season. During the long PA winters, I frequent an indoor driving range to keep my swing fresh, so I don't look like an idiot come next spring. I've also been pondering purchasing an Opti-Shot for some indoor golf simulation during the winter months. Reviews would include in depth breakdowns of each club and every little detail about them, pictures, and this time...videos!
I'm fresh off my maiden testing/review voyage (GreenSaver Divot Tool) and am excited at the possibility to be able to take the next step to test/review a full set of clubs. I've been having a lot of fun testing and reviewing the GreenSaver and hopefully I've provided good feedback for the company as well as the members of THP!

Thanks again THP and Adams Golf for this great opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Idea Pro Gold
2. What is your handicap index?16-18
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, 6.0, Project X
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Anything to help get the ball into the hole faster. No reason to disregard oversized irons because they are not traditional in apperance.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have been on THP almost every day since I joined in October '10. I would be doing this testing in indoor simulators and ranges. My outdoor season will be coming to an end here in the very near future. I will be going once or twice a week to keep my golf swing fresh. I would subscribe to the thead so I could answer questions as soon as they are asked.

Back