Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

Some great looking irons. It's going to be fun to read about these. Thanks to Adams and THP for another fantastic opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? I have both A3 with stock senior shafts and A7 with stock regular steel shafts. I am playing the A3 now but have added a 3 and 4 A7 Hybrid with stock senior graphite shafts.

2. What is your handicap index? 20. I shoot between 86 and 93.
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? In the A3 the shafts are stock senior shafts graphite.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have never played them. I have always wondered how the larger sole would effect my hitting.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play twice a week with a group of senior golfers (about 25 guys). And I play a couple times a month with other folks and about twice a month with my wife. I would use the irons for as long as the test is.....I have just joined the Forum but plan to participate in discussions.

1. What irons do you currently play?
TaylorMade MCs
2. What is your handicap index?
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
KBS Tour Stiff (steel)
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?
If they can help you hit the ball more consistently then I am in. When I miss with the current irons, the result is well... annoyingly short.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I have about 6-8 weeks left of golf season here, I'd use them up until the point where the courses here close, then I'd send them to someone else who wasn't selected to test these. I'd check in after pretty much every round with them, I play 2-3 times a week. I read most every post on THP, but I can't reply to a lot of them as during work hours I am reading the forum on my phone. I will keep up with the testing thread and answer any and all questions I can.

Thanks to THP and Adams for this wonderful opportunity.

What another phenomenal testing opportunity! Major props to THP and Adams for offering this to us.

I am currently gaming a set of 5-PW & AW Callaway Big Bertha Irons 2006, since 2006. I haven't been motivated to purchase other clubs until I joined THP!

Right now I am playing to right around an 18 or 19. (This new Boccieri Heavy Wood I'm testing may change that for the better! Thanks THP!) My old USGA club dissolved so I need to join a new local club and set a bunch of rounds to get an official handicap. Once I land a new gig, that will be one of my top priorities. Until then, semi-casual rounds where I'm working on my game and LOTS of range time.

My Callaway's came with the stock Uniflex steel shafts. They are great when I put the right move on them, however, I think I could improve with a different shaft

Love 'em! Look, I suppose, one day, I might live somewhere and have the time to whittle my handicap down to a single digit, learn how to truly shape shots and what not. Until then, I'm a huge fan of oversized irons that forgive my faulty swing!

With a set of irons, I believe I'd have to up the effort as compared to the time I'm currently spending with the Boccieri Heavy Wood I'm testing and learning - and I'm hitting the range at least two to three times a week right now. One of the big benefits of irons, to me at least, is it opens up the ability to play par 3 courses where I ONLY use irons as well as executive courses where I can leave the woods out of the bag because of the short nature of those courses. With Irons, since I have consistent distances, ball flights and expectations with my Callaways, I can do a direct comparison of all aspects and report back. Finally, as it pertains to my activity level, I log on to THP at least once a day and comment two to three times that. I also am doing my best to post new thoughts on the Boccieri Heavy Wood testing once every two to four days - it helps that I have such great co-testers in that group who inspire me everyday. I also have Google+, Facebook and Twitter accounts I try to post to on a semi-regular basis. I recently found a good stand for my camera phone so I should be able to take video along with static pictures. Well, I will as soon as it arrives! :) As I have mentioned, I am currently testing another product, so if there is an opportunity for another worthy THPer to get chosen over me, I'm cool with that - spread the love!

- I currently game used PING G2 irons (5-PW)
- I do not keep one, however I am a beginner and my average scores vary from 101-115 depending on course difficulty
3. What shafts do you play in your irons?
- I play the stock steel shafts with a regular flex
- As a new player I am open to trying anything that will help me improve my game.
- If oversized irons will help me gain distance and improve accuracy then there is no reason not to game them!
- My testing plan would involve doing back to back comparisons of my current irons and these irons at both the driving range and on course.
- This would include 2 range sessions and 1 to 2 rounds of golf per week.
- When I play a round by myself I would play 2 balls at appropriate times to do direct comparisons on course.
- My activity level on THP will continue to rise! I have recently joined THP to help make myself a better golfer, learn new things and help others learn new things!
- Also, I am experienced with reviewing products and updating my finds on facebook as I am a motorcycle racer and have done many product reviews for my sponsors of that sport.

Thanks for the opportunity THP and Adams Golf! :banana:

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade R9's 4-GW, plus 54* and 58* TM TP wedges
2. What is your handicap index? 6.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, R Flex, KBS 90's
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I currently play a slightly oversized model. The top line is more of an issue for me. I'm more traditional in that sense.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm new to THP, but I plan to stay active in the forum. I play over 100 rounds per year, and play at a private club in the Dallas area. Giving them a true, subjective test is not an issue. I also assist with the coaching of a high school golf team. I pushed many juniors to the Adams line because of their hybrid/iron make up. Let me know how I can be of help to Adams Golf.

At work when I saw this, tried to tap-abilly a post and it wouldn't post it!!! Lots of typing on a small keyboard for it not to work!

:adams: A4r 4h-GW

OOB 13.1

Steel. Stiff. Stock TT.

They are there to help those that need it and could use the GI aspects of the club. It seems even the top brands (and Adams certainly isn't a bottom brand) are putting out more product in the mid to OS variety. I know at least one of my playing partners should certainly be playing them. Unfortunately, some worry about the stigma but if it cuts handicaps...use it!

Generally play 8-10 rounds per month plus various range sessions. I think I learned from my mystery ball testing how to really go about it and report findings. And video would be used somehow as well. Although still a relative newb here I feel I've gotten into the swing really well and have been able to both learn and assist already as well as gaining more buds to bounce golf ideas off of.

Thanks Adams and THP for the opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Ping G5 irons (6 thru PW). As a mid handicapper, I like my irons to have a lot of forgiveness built in.

2. What is your handicap index? 9.5.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I play the standard steel Ping shafts in all my irons in regular flex.

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Having played larger cavity backs for so long, I'm use to the look and I like the idea that oversized normally means forgiveness.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm very active on the forum. I would keep a notebook to log all my thoughts and findings while testing/playing the clubs. I would start with the new clubs on the range and then move to the course and play. I play daily, so I have lots of time to play and evaluate the clubs.

Thank you THP & Adams Golf for a great opportunity to test a new product.

Another great testing opportunity, Thanks THP and Adams Golf
1. What irons do you currently play?Mizuno MX300
2. What is your handicap index?8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?Steel, Stiff, True Temper Dynalite Gold XP
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?Im not a big fan on the look of them but if they play good and help my game I could probably get over that
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?I would test these on course and on range multiple times per week, I would have pictures and videos of the irons in action from the range and course. I would also let my dad who is a higher handicap try these out and get his thoughts on them. I am very active on THP, I am on here every day after work and plan to be here a long time.

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike VR full cavity
2. What is your handicap index? 18
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? TT DG S300
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I like them the reason is I know I have more room for error and they give me that can't miss feeling
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing would be done every 3 days as I go to the range 3x a week and play every weekend variety of courses public to semi private to country club. I love THP I practically live here just so much knowledge on here to be gained which has really helped me Hopefully if given the chance my testing results could help one of my fellow THPers

Thanks to Adams and THP for this chance I won't let you down

1. Taylormade Burner 2.0
2. 14.0 oob
3. Dynamic Gold S300 steel
4. If oversized clubs are more forgiving I'm all for it. My only concern is an overly wide sole due to the firm fairways we have here. I have never been bothered by how a club looks at address and am all for trying anything that will help my game.
5. I play atleast 3 times a week with some range time thrown in. I will post all feedback and will answer any questions. As for my activity here I feel I am pretty active and don't plan on changing. This is my home and I will continue to support it in any way I can.

I'd like to thank Thp and Adams for this awesome opportunity! We wont dissapoint!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G10's and Mizuno MX-19's. Also have Titleist 704 CB's that I practice with from time to time.
2. What is your handicap index? 16
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel shafts in stiff flex. Ping AWT in the G10's, True Temper in the MX-19's and DG S300 in the 704's.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I like the added forgiveness that most oversized irons provide. A person with my ball striking "skills" needs all the help they can get! The looks of most oversized sets don't bother me near as much as they seem to bother some people.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan would include golfing 1 - 2 rounds of golf each week (at least), in addition to extra short game practice. I currently carry two bags on my cart, so comparing two sets of irons head to head on the course would be a simple matter. With the amount of time that I spend on THP, I could easily answer questions from people reading the test thread as well as provide all thoughts, feedback and photos in a timely manner.

My wife just so happens to play Adams irons, so I've had some experience with them and even hit hers a few times. They are very solid sticks in my opinion, and over all, I think the company is making some great products. The opportunity to test them would be quite an honor and a responsibility that I would not take lightly.

Thanks Adams and THP for the great opportunity for some lucky testers!

Great opportunity here folks. Thanks Adams Golf and THP!

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Nickent 4DX Pro's
2. What is your handicap index? 7.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Regular flex, steel. I think they say Precision on them.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I've said for quite a while that my next set will head this direction. I need more forgiving distance, feel and accuracy.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play two to three times weekly and plan to continue with that. Video, pictures and info about the distance, line, feel and accuracy of these will be vital to me. I'm on THP multiple times daily posting or reading reviews and discussing all aspects of THP land. I consider myself extremely active and plan to continue as I have since shortly after this site began.

Nice opportunity! Thanks to Adams and THP HQ's for test chance! Good luck to all that sign up!

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Staff Di11's
2. What is your handicap index? 21.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Wilson Staff Half and Half Shafts Regular Flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I enjoy them. I love the forgiveness they provide, as well as the game improvement qualities most oversized irons give.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Currently I play at least 3 rounds a week and go to the range the days I am not playing. If selected these irons would be getting as thourough a workout as the Di11's got. I post here virtually every day so there will be plenty of opportunities for updates.

Wow, another great opportunity for everyone here to enjoy. Huge thanks to THP and Adams Golf for making this possible!

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MP-53
2. What is your handicap index? 16.2 (haven't seen the September update yet)
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Project X 6.0
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I am open to anything as long as I am happy with the performance of it. If I hit it well, I will like it regardless of looks.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to have weekly practice sessions (Saturdays usually) with extensive practice time and assorted drills. I also will be playing a minimum of 2, and usually 3, rounds per week with updates on every time testing is done or not done with these irons. I have access to a Trackman system and an AboutGolf Simulator that will be used for testing and practicing 2-3 times per week. I have been becoming more active on the forums the longer I have been on here. I am really enjoying interacting with the people on the board and am becoming an active member of the community.

And again, thank you Adams Golf and THP for this opportunity!!

Adams test

Adams test

Adams Hybrid Irons A2

21.8 (but a round of 37 its been know to happen at least once)

Hybrid Graph Irons Steel Regular

Lol is what you do with it that counts

I play at least once a week, Driving range at least once a week.

Hopefully I can be a part of the lucky 8. to beat my current partners, all callaway and Taylor users... Im the only Adams player.

Mizuno Mx200

17.6 but going up

Dynamic Gold R300 SL

doesnt matter to me, they they hit good and improve my game i dont care what they look like!

i get out atleast 2 times a week with a range session thrown in, i am very active on THP and would update multiple time per week, give as much information as possible and answer any questions forum members may have. id also update adams twitter and facebook paghe

thanks for the opportunity Adams and THP

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G15
2. What is your handicap index? 13
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Ping TFC Graphite, Soft Regular
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I've played oversized Cobra irons and have tried the Cleveland HB3 with good success. I'm always looking for something that helps to improve my game and have no bias.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm semi-retired and work PT at a golf course. I'm on THP every day and I post often. Since I have free access to a golf course, I can jump on the course most any day and play. I usually play 4-5 times a week. I would do my best to give a thorough and honest review of the equipment and would post findings on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Good Luck to all the testers

Last edited:
First post updated with addition criteria. If you are chosen to test these irons you will be responsible for the shipping to receive the irons.

First post updated with addition criteria. If you are chosen to test these irons you will be responsible for the shipping to receive the irons.

That seems very reasonable.

It is awesome to hear that such a fine company as Adams Golf is working with THP on the upcoming reviews for the A12OS irons! I will not be involved in this testing but will be onlooking and anxious to hear and read about the reviews. I can't wait to see who will be writing the reviews on these puppies!

Last edited:
PING i10

Steel - Stiff - PING AWT w/ cushion

I think that's what a majority of golfers should be playing. They make the game easier... Isn't that a good thing?

Testing: I play regularly twice a week... Fridays and Sundays. I am a lower handicap and consider myself a pretty good player, especially my iron game. I won my club championship last year... I typically gravitate to the 'better players irons'. I think it would be interesting to see what kind of difference a (super) game improvement set would do for someone in my situation. I'm sure the ball would fly straighter and farther... but would that result in better scores? If not me... I would be curious to see someone in the lower handicap range test these and see his/her results... Should I be considering game improvement irons like the Adams a12 OS set?
Activity: I have been consistently active on THP since I've joined almost 2 years ago... I tend to be more active on topics that interest me most. Most members that have been active on THP will know my screen name... especially those who check the fashion oriented threads. I also comment when I can on golf advice or equipment I have played or am educated on. I do not like to make comments I am not willing to defend or believe to be true.

Thanks again THP and Adams Golf!!! This should be a good one!

Taylormade Burner 2.0's

9.2 at the moment, likely to be back at 10 soon.

KBS Tour C-Taper Stiff

Indifferent at the moment, other than messing with a set of Eye 2's I've never played what I would consider to be "true" oversized irons. That said, I have no aversions, I'm more than willing to play anything if I think it could help my game.

My testing plan lies with as much on course time I can get, especially when having to do with something like an entire set of irons. I love to keep as many notes as possible in a notebook (I actually do take it on course and to the range) however so as too keep my rambling thoughts straight for the forum rather than randomness or hit and miss comments. Regarding activity, I truly feel that I am an active part of our community in all aspects both in the forum and on the site itself. THP is bar none my most visited place every day, at work and at home.

Many thanks to Adams and THP for giving the community a chance to put these through the paces, I look forward tot his one whether I'm a part of it as a tester or not!

Back