Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Wedges

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

ClevelandGolfWedges-L.jpg

The Club
The beautiful part of this testing, is that it is all a mystery. The testers will get a wedge and we can say it is from a major equipment company. Outside of that, testers are on their own. They will receive this wedge WELL before it hits stores.

Criteria

You must be able to play golf (either on course, driving range or indoor facility).
7 Forum Members will be selected to participate along with THP Forum testing moderator KMac.
RH only for this testing due to limited supply of samples.
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the wedge out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. The kicker here is that you will have to take all of your pictures as well as write all of your reviews, but you will NOT be able to post anything until the embargo date is released. That will come a little later and we will notify each tester when they are able to start posting reviews. It should give golfers plenty of time to get some good testing in before reviewing is about to start. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the clubs thoroughly. This club is NOT to be discussed at all until the review thread is created signifying embargo dates have passed.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What wedges do you currently play?
2. What lofts are you currently playing?
3. What shaft flex do you currently play?
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
Kmac
Thainer
IceyShanks
ddec
SW
Cookie
flynnie
JonD

Last edited:
Holy awesome!!! Will be signing up for this tonight when I get home. How cool is it to be able to test something that isn't even out!!!!

This is really really unique and cool.
Good luck righties and thank you to the mystery company.

Taylormade ATV and 2 Taylormade xFT wedges
52, 56, and 58 wedges (56 is the ATV and 58 and 52 are the xFT wedges)
I play wedge flex on wedges (KBS tour on ATV and KBS Hi Rev on the xFT) and stiff everything else
Yes I am very active on THP, I post and contribute daily and I've been part of a couple testings, one of them being the ATV wedge testing so I'm familiar with wedge testing.

Awesome Testing opportunity THP!

Side note: I can play golf all year long consistently since the weather is great

Last edited:
Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing what this is and whatever it is putting it through a nice workout.

Wow, this is going to be really cool to follow along with!!

1) Bridgestone J40's
2) 50, 54, & 58
3) DG Spinner wedge flex
4) Yes, I do

1. What wedges do you currently play? Nike VR Pro Dual Sole
2. What lofts are you currently playing? 52, 56
3. What shaft flex do you currently play? Stiff
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Yes. I am constantly on THP, live here most of the day

Thanks to THP and the mystery company! Although I am LH I wanted to show some love to the Company.

Good luck to the righties selected!!

Last edited:

Cleveland 588 (2011)

50/54/58 but that would change if selected

Tour Concept Wedge Flex

Yes.

Love mystery testing! This is exciting!

1. I currently play Callaway Forged Copper wedges
2. I play a 52,56, and 60 degree wedge
3. I have dynamic gold s300 shafts on my wedges
4 I consider myself very active on THP, it is my home away from home.

Thanks THP and the mystery company for offering us a great testing opportunity!

I like the pixelated picture. I've been staring at it all cross eyed trying to figure out what it is, LOL.

Good luck to all that enter!

Another great testing opportunity! Thanks THP and company x!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland CG 14 and 15
2. What lofts are you currently playing? CG14 48*, 56* CG15 52*
3. What shaft flex do you currently play? Stiff flex
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Yes, I do consider myself active

Awesome opportunity for you righties out there! Thanks to the mystery OEM and THP for this. Can't wait to hear feedback and see the wedge unveiled (eventually).

Holy coolness! This sounds awesome. Thanks THP and mystery company!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Bridgestone J40
2. What lofts are you currently playing? 50/56
3. What shaft flex do you currently play? Stock DG Spinners, wedge flex
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Yes

sounds sweet! thanks THP and "Major Equipment Company". another awesome opportunity.
1. What wedges do you currently play? Vokey SM's and a RAC TP
2. What lofts are you currently playing? 50/54/58
3. What shaft flex do you currently play? havn't swapped out the 50* wedge flex shaft yet, but i play 6.0 (stiff+) project x shafts in my wedges (edit: and X flex KBS Tour's in the rest of my irons)
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? yessir!

Last edited:
Love to see THP'rs testing stuff before the rest of the world. Wish the MN weather would let me join in the fun but it will be great following this testing.

Wow what a great forum testing. Thanks to THP and the Mystery OEM for this opportunity. I think its awesome that whatever OEM it is, that they trust THP and the members to honor the embargo dates enough to send this out before then! what an awesome opportunity for the testers to get some great info before the wedges are even hit the shelves or even are known about for that matter.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland 588 and Titleist Vokey

2. What lofts are you currently playing? 56* and 60* lofts

3. What shaft flex do you currently play? wedge flex or Stiff flex

4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? yes i consider myself active on THP i read and post daily

Sweet, what a great testing opportunity here!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Nike VR Pro
2. What lofts are you currently playing? 50*, 55*, 60*
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? ​Yes, I do consider myself active.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Callaway Forged, Cleveland CG10, Wilson Staff Deep Red
2. What lofts are you currently playing? 60, 56, 50
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? Yes, try to stay up to date and participate in discussions as often as possible.

Last edited:
Interesting. Love the blind testing. Don't know if I qualify b/c I'll only be able to use until mid-Nov (after that only some chipping and putting at an indoor place). But if so, I'll be using it 4-6 times a week until then.

1. What wedges do you currently play? The PW and AW that comes in my VR Pro Cavity set (45 and 50), 55° TM RAC, 60° Nike VR, and 64° Ping Tour S

I play the SCOR 4161 wedges
51, 56, 61
Genius 12 KBS Tour Firm +
I've been pretty active since I discovered THP a couple months ago. I'd love to test wedges. I've got a golf course across the street from my house with a great practice area.

Such a cool opportunity to test something no one even knows about! Awesome! Thanks to THP!!

1. What wedges do you currently play? 2012 callaway forged wedges

2. What lofts are you currently playing? 50* and 56*

3. What shaft flex do you currently play? Stiff dynamic gold s300

Seriously. Tappin'.

just wondering about embargo date testing, do the testers have to cover up markings and logos on the wedges while playing or working with them in public while the embargo dates are in effect to keep people from seeing them?

What a wonderful opportunity !!! Good luck to all that enter their names in the hat to be selected!!!

Wow, love a mystery and the fact that you still can throw twists out to almost anything! Thanks for the possible opportunity to throw yet another ponder into my wedge selection change! Could be good timing eh? Even better, Denver weather bodes well for year round golf.

MacGregor VIP Forged
52/6 56/12 60/8
Standard MacGregor Wedge Flex (holding off changing shafts until wedge ponder is complete, but looking at DG Spinners and KBS)
Yes, yes I do and becoming more active as the days pass.

Thanks again THP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back