Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Wedges

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be one of the most difficult testing opportunities...being able to keep it to yourself even though you're going to want to blabber all about it! Gonna be a great day when the embargo date is reached and everyone posts a ton of thoughts.

Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Wedges

Edit: whoops/!!

Haha, sorry...I thought I was looking at the last page and it was page 2. Carry one boys, ignore my answers!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Scratch 8620 53*,58*
2. What lofts are you currently playing? 52* and 58*
3. What shaft flex do you currently play? Stiff
4. Do you consider yourself active on THP? I do. I post from my phone whenever I can. I love golf and I love golf equipment even more, sadly. I understand my wife's sickness for shoes and handbags. Chipping (and putting) are the reason I have gone from a 20+ to a 12 HC.
Another good opportunity for anyone here. Thanks again.

You guys are going to have one tough task keeping this to yourself, especially if these are some seriously good wedges!

This may be one of the most difficult testing opportunities...being able to keep it to yourself even though you're going to want to blabber all about it! Gonna be a great day when the embargo date is reached and everyone posts a ton of thoughts.

You guys are going to have one tough task keeping this to yourself, especially if these are some seriously good wedges!
I agree it's going to be really tough to keep it to myself, it's like you are so excited you want to scream but have to keep it to yourself.

How will you testers handle your post round reviews? Put your thoughts down on Word Docs until embargo oils lifted. Videos and Pics? Make sure anything loaded to YouTube is set to private.

I'm all about word docs, then copy and paste. All of my pics and vids will be on my phone until date, and then uploaded to YouTube and photobucket the day of.

I'll be keeping them all in a word doc, broken out by posts and then the pics and videos will be loaded and private until I can post.

I'll be using word as well. Photos kept separately on my hard drive until I can upload them.

What wedges will everyone be pitting the new ones against? For me it will be going up against two wedges. Both of which I've played this year.

First will be the Cleveland CG16. I played this wedge for the first half of the year. Bought them as they matched my iron set. I'd consider these as more of a 'game improvement' or more forgiving wedge, with the cavity in the back. Mine have the traditional sole and regular flex Nippon shafts that are a pretty close match to my current irons. These are good wedges.

However after all of the talk in the MC threads, I gave into temptation and tried out the Bridgestone J40 wedges. First the 56˚, which I almost immediately fell in love with. Then the 50˚ (bent from 52˚), which has become a very solid performer for me as well. Both wedges have the DG spinners in them, and I would consider them less of a game improvement wedge than the CG16s. They also have Bridgestone's Variable Bounce Tech, which is their version of the all-purpose sole that's being added to many wedge lines recently. I like it. Easy to open up if needed. I have way fewer skulls with these wedges than I did before. I've also seen a marked improvement in my sand play with these. I know it's not all the club's doing, but the confidence is there, and that's usually all that matters. It will be a tall order for any wedge to kick the J40s out of my bag.

Can't wait to get this testing underway. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

We have done quite a few actually.

Figured there had been something similar, but the way everyone was surprised and excited wasn't sure. Now I know.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Sick! Thanks The Hackers Paradise and the Mystery Company!

1) I play Callaway Jaws forged wedges.
2) I have a 52, 56, 60 degree lofts.
3) I play stiff shafts.
4) Yes.

Sick! Thanks The Hackers Paradise and the Mystery Company!

1) I play Callaway Jaws forged wedges.
2) I have a 52, 56, 60 degree lofts.
3) I play stiff shafts.
4) Yes.

This just never gets old

Sorry Pat, this one is closed. Stick around and try again next time.

This just never gets old

I enjoy it, personally... Let the "goodies" suck them in and then they become great members of the community sometimes.

On another note. Has the date of lifted embargo been mentioned. Big skimmin' here.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

I enjoy it, personally... Let the "goodies" suck them in and then they become great members of the community sometimes.

On another note. Has the date of lifted embargo been mentioned. Big skimmin' here.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

No. If I remember, JB said that he was going to start the thread when the day was met. It will be surprise to testers and followers I believe.

No. If I remember, JB said that he was going to start the thread when the day was met. It will be surprise to testers and followers I believe.

That's correct. 10/26 if memory serves me correctly.

Yeah one day the thread will go up and then BOOM updates, pictures and tons of info. I think it will be pretty cool. All the testers will be busting at the seams to spill the beans.

Yeah one day the thread will go up and then BOOM updates, pictures and tons of info. I think it will be pretty cool. All the testers will be busting at the seams to spill the beans.

That's going to be a crazy overflow of information! And way less fluff, lol.

I'm already busting at the seams!!!

I'm already busting at the seams!!!

You and me both! Can't wait to start writing these up. It will be hard not to talk about it but I think it will allow us to put out a bunch of good information right out of the gate.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I currently play a mizuno and a trusty rusty wedge.
52 and 57
Wedge flex shaft
I am on THP many times everyday.
I live on a golf course so I would be able to go out and test the wedges at 3 times a week and probably more

52 and 57
Wedge flex shaft
I live on a golf course so I would be able to go out and test the wedges at 3 times a week and probably more

This one has been closed for a while, but don't worry about it, stay active and up-to-date on the forum and there will be plenty of testing opportunities.

52 and 57
Wedge flex shaft

I can appreciate your post but this is an old thread. I'm sure there will be some future opportunities in the near and distant future to test gear. Welcome to THP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back