Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

Thanks Hawk, I initially thought the Edge would be too small but now with what you said and the pics I think the Max may be too big for me.

Thanks for all the info Hawk, I might have to pull the trigger on one of these and put on my other SeeMore as it sounds like it would be perfect for me as I have some issues with my thumbs on the grip.

Thanks for all the info Hawk! Was deciding on whether to order one of these all season. Just thought it was just a little too different to make the dive. Anyway, I trust ya bud so I think I'll order one :)

Think Goosen had one if these on his putter today

Yeah, I keep on thinking about this one. When I was working on my Tour Links tonight with some drills I was trying to mimic where it would have my thumbs, and frankly, it makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

Of the photos, that max grip looks like the one I'd also be the most interested in trying. The thumbs off drill has always worked really well in practice on the green, but doesn't always translate on the course especially on mishits. A grip though that gives that feeling when the thumbs are off but still lets me keep them on there for control, that would be kinda nice.

I know we are all different and I'm leery to toss out recommendations on new stuff like this, but I'm willing to do it here. I think it's a fantastic concept and it appears to work extremely well.

I know we are all different and I'm leery to toss out recommendations on new stuff like this, but I'm willing to do it here. I think it's a fantastic concept and it appears to work extremely well.

That says tons to me.

That says tons to me.

Whatcha thinking? Edge or Max?

I'm thinking Edge as I fear the Max will just feel a bit too big in hand.

Whatcha thinking? Edge or Max?

I'm thinking Edge as I fear the Max will just feel a bit too big in hand.

G-Pro edge all the way, just really really liking the look.

That says tons to me.

Me too. Hawk recommending the Bobby Jones fairway worked out pretty well. Need to give one of these a try but I won't mess with anything until after December.

Thank Hawk for the review. I just ordered the G-Pro Max to try out.

Last edited:
Sweet. I'm glad to see some people giving them a try. I can't wait to hear the feedback. I'm a weirdo, but I've been more excited about these than I have golf clubs.

Hawk, I just ordered a g pro edge but I have a question. As you know I putt left hand low, am I going g to have to install the grip differently? Or will it be fine to do a normal install?

Hawk, I just ordered a g pro edge but I have a question. As you know I putt left hand low, am I going g to have to install the grip differently? Or will it be fine to do a normal install?

Good question, I am going to attempt to install mine with air tomorrow.

Sorry brother I have no clue on that one. I can try a lefty low on one later today. I mean I wouldn't think you'd install it any differently, but how it will work with that grip I'm not sure.

Good question, I am going to attempt to install mine with air tomorrow.

Edge should be fine with air I'd think.

Sorry brother I have no clue on that one. I can try a lefty low on one later today. I mean I wouldn't think you'd install it any differently, but how it will work with that grip I'm not sure.

Edge should be fine with air I'd think.
No problem. Just thought I would ask. I one think it would really matter or maybe I will just go back to a traditional grip.

Just ordered a pro as well. Going to throw it on the mfgp2 I have coming

After talking with Hawk about these, I truly think a 17" version could work on a longer or CB model.

Hmmm... Interesting stuff. Torn over whether to get the Max or the Edge. I game a SS 2.0 right now, but I'm not absolutely married to the size if the design has a similar effect. These seem readily available on ebay.

I'd go Edge if you were looking for similar size. Max if you were looking for similar texture. It's not overly huge either. I think the pics I posted can kind of give you a point of reference.

Just grabbed a G-PRO Edge off the bay for my Bettinardi SS12, which is my current backup, to give it a whirl on my putting green. I'll be sure to report back!

I prefer a thicker grip, so I think I am going to snag a Max! The theory behind these really make sense.

I have the Garsen G pro edge on the way. Tried to replicate the position of my thumbs yesterday and it was like the heavens opening.

In regards to the Pro Edge... is the blue more of a Carolina blue or royal blue?

Back