Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

I like the looks of the ultimate quite a bit (blue is beautiful), but I am definitely curious about wearing.

Having that flat section seems like a great move on an otherwise round grip. My thumbs needs to feel like they are keeping the putter neutral and I believe that would go a long way.

I'd almost call it an Edge Light with that flat section. To me, it's a little less effective when compared to the others they offer at keeping everything neutral, but even then - more effective than the standard flat top.

First time hearing about these grips and I am interested in them. Definitely like the design. Not a fan of a huge grip on my putter, but I do like working with the SS 1.0. The Ultimate looks very intriguing and I am curious as to how the size stacks up against the 1.0

First time hearing about these grips and I am interested in them. Definitely like the design. Not a fan of a huge grip on my putter, but I do like working with the SS 1.0. The Ultimate looks very intriguing and I am curious as to how the size stacks up against the 1.0

I'll double check tonight, but I'd say it's closer to a 3.0.

Interesting design choice. I'm a fan of innovators. It will be interesting to see where these go in the future. Several years ago, several might have said the SuperStroke was a fad. (I know, because I heard people tell me that). Now look at them.

~Rock

And now have the last, standard size Edge installed on a different Bettinardi. Similar texture to a standard gp pistol, but a touch larger. Again, I think I really like it and more than the ultimate.

THPers will get a chance to check these out tomorrow and I'm looking forward to their feedback.

OK, I have to get my hands on the G-Pro Edge ASAP.

I loved the makeshift session we had today on the practice green, the max was by far my favorite, loved the line down the middle, really puts your hands in the perfect spot. I'd love to see a 17" version!!!

I tore it up on the greens with the max.

The names confuse me. Which one (if any) is a similar size to a SS 1.0 or Flatso Ultra Slim?

I got to put this grip in my hands courtesy of Hawk, you can't put your hands anywhere but dead neutral. Seems to me like it will be a great fit for many SPI SeeMore folks! Contemplating throwing one on my backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also tried these grips, I did like the Max better also.
I personally liked the line down the grip.
The look and feel of the grip was exceptional as well.

Just finally seeing this, I must live under a rock or something, and have been looking to get away from the SS since they are such a pain to get on and off. So is there anything close to the 2.0? If not I am thinking the G-Pro might be my next experiment.

Just finally seeing this, I must live under a rock or something, and have been looking to get away from the SS since they are such a pain to get on and off. So is there anything close to the 2.0? If not I am thinking the G-Pro might be my next experiment.

I'm a Flatso 2.0 guy right now but I'm thinking the max may be the closest thing in terms of general size. Will be ordering one soon.

I'll take some pics today guys.

The grip hawk has installed on the buzelli is absolutely phenomenal . I'm not sure the model but I'm sure he will chime in. It's probably in the thread somewhere already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4y5a8yj.jpg

me8uzu2a.jpg
y4uga3ud.jpg
da7u9uby.jpg

The larger superstroke is a 3.0.

Thank you for that Hawkster. I'm incredible intrigued.

So is the red super stroke a 1.0? Because the pro is looking mighty good right now. A little bigger than the 1.0 and just a tad smaller than the 2.0. Super intrigued right now.

The names confuse me. Which one (if any) is a similar size to a SS 1.0 or Flatso Ultra Slim?

Hopefully that pic helps. The smaller SS is a 1.0 I think.

In my mind, they are sort of incomparable except for general size. The most "superstroke-ish" one will probably be the Ultimate, but from my testing I think it's my least favorite. The strength of the Edge and Edge Max is that they have the pronounced ridge that sets the hands neutral and the Ultimate waters that down a little.

The Edge is a bit larger than a standard size grip and the Max a little bigger than that with a different rubber compound.

The red SS is a 1.0 correct?

So is the red super stroke a 1.0? Because the pro is looking mighty good right now. A little bigger than the 1.0 and just a tad smaller than the 2.0. Super intrigued right now.

Yes and I think that's a decent comparison.

Yes and I think that's a decent comparison.

Thanks Hawk. I think I have just found my next experiment. I'll grab one and probably throw it in one of my back ups for now.

I think I need to give the pro a shot. Thanks for the pix Hawk.

I will say right now that I think these have the potential to be huge. Some of that will depend on marketing and cool people trying these out, but I'm just saying it so I can say I told you so in a year lol.

I took all three versions to the practice green on Friday morning before we all played.

-Before I installed them all I figured the original G-Pro Edge would be my least favorite just because it seemed like the smallest. In the end, it wasn't as small as I thought and was firmly the second favorite of the three grips.

-The MAX was my personal favorite - it's basically the exact same design as the Pro Edge, but bigger and has that spongey/tacky rubber compound I like.

-The Ultimate was my least favorite, but I think those who don't want to commit fully to the Garsen theory on grips might like it more. It's less pronounced, but in my experience that wasn't necessary. The ridge is just plain awesome and I suggest people embrace it.

It'll be hard to explain until people try them, but when your thumbs are on the opposing sides like that your body just wants to use the shoulders to make the stroke. The elbows tuck in a little tighter to the body and it's just very easy to keep the V through your putting stroke.

I alluded earlier to a good day on the greens on Friday and I think the people I played with would agree. I took the Buzelli STA-1/Garsen MAX out for the first time and really knocked down a lot of putts. A good mixture of 5-7 footers and longer ones. The grip really fits in well with what I'm trying to do in the putting stroke, so I'd say that rather than changing anything, it reinforced good habits for me. Takes a bit of a leap of faith when you first use it b/c you won't have the thumbs there to allow as many manipulations, but if you're giving a good shoulder rock (or whatever you want to call it) then it won't matter. The head will release like it should.

Back